• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition (PS5) 4K 60FPS Gameplay

faisalasif

Greetings Commander,

The time has come again to take command of the Normandy, assemble your crew, and prepare for the unforgettable journey in the Mass Effect Legendary Edition! MELE is a labor of love from the BioWare team and a heartfelt thank you to the passionate community.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition includes the single-player base content and over 40 DLC from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3, including promo weapons, armors and packs—all remastered and optimized for 4K Ultra HD and HDR. Mass Effect Legendary Edition will be available on PC via Origin, EA Desktop app and Steam, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 with optimized backwards compatibility on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 on Friday, May 14. The game will also be available for EA Play Pro members on May 14.

Graphic: Quality mode and performance mode (With HDR)

Quality mode On PS5 run at 4K 60fps (not sure exact resolution)

Size : 80gb (version 1.01) includes day one patch

Mass Effect 1 Legendary Edition 4K 60FPS HDR Gameplay​

Mass Effect 2 Legendary Edition 4K 60FPS HDR Gameplay​

Mass Effect 3 Legendary Edition 4K 60FPS HDR Gameplay​

Special Thanks to EA for providing the review code.

Last edited:

Derktron

Banned
Wait a damn minute, they really used old assets like old Menu UI? I would have thought they would have at least update everything in the game including a new home UI, shame really also what is up with loading? Man, I have so many questions, not interested, I rather just play the old version. Also, how is this remastered or whatever the fuck this is? The visuals look the same, Jesus this is not it. This is why I applaud Capcom for their remakes/remasters of Resident Evil 2 & 3.

Last edited:
It may not be an amazing leap if you played it on PC but I played it on x360 at I presume 720p, at sub 30fps (sometimes sub 15fps) and with some weird AA solution that just made the jaggies look 100x worse than no AA.

Looking forward to playing again later at 4k. The music alone is giving me goosebumps.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
The transition from 30fps to 60fps would have brought me back. They are great games and that doubled-frame rate makes all the difference for me. All the other updates are an awesome bonus. I never did complete Mass Effect 3. I think all the backlash around release sort of soured me on pushing through to the ending.

Fredrik

Wait a damn minute, they really used old assets like old Menu UI? I would have thought they would have at least update everything in the game including a new home UI, shame really also what is up with loading? Many so many questions, not interested, I rather just play the old version. Also, how is this remastered or whatever the fuck this is. The visuals look the same, Jesus this is not it. This is why I applaud Capcom for their remakes/remasters of Resident Evil 2 & 3.
Yeah this is super depressing to be honest. It’s my favorite trilogy ever in gaming but I thought they had done more than just slapping some new textures and light sources on the 360 version. Everything looks so dated.
Now I certainly hope they can get the fps boost magic working so it’ll be solid 120fps on Xbox, that would get me to replay it, or maybe if the PC version gets some nice mods.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
This release is getting a surprising amount of crap.
I've never seen so many people call a remaster out for not looking improved enough - let alone in a case like this, where the team has gone back and updated so many features, assets, and gameplay mechanics.

The only way this release falls short is if you are comparing it to the epic scope of a complete remake or overhaul, in the vein of Resident Evil 2: Remake or FF7: Remake. As a "remaster" of a title, it doesn't get much better than this. Often we are given nothing but a fresh coat of paint to go along with modern display resolutions & frame rates.
Here, they have also gone back and added assets, smoothed over gameplay controls, updated the user interface, and even edited some of the level design.

Frankly, you're coming across as ignorant if you are going to call this release minimal or lazy.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Wait a damn minute, they really used old assets like old Menu UI? I would have thought they would have at least update everything in the game including a new home UI, shame really also what is up with loading? Many so many questions, not interested, I rather just play the old version. Also, how is this remastered or whatever the fuck this is. The visuals look the same, Jesus this is not it. This is why I applaud Capcom for their remakes/remasters of Resident Evil 2 & 3.
Those are remakes. This is a remaster.

Derktron

Banned
Yeah this is super depressing to be honest. It’s my favorite trilogy ever in gaming but I thought they had done more than just slapping some new textures and light sources on the 360 version. Everything looks so dated.
Now I certainly hope they’ll can get the fps boost magic working so it’ll be solid 120fps on Xbox, that would get me to replay it, or maybe if the PC version gets some nice mods.
I expected better, this is ridiculous, all they added was 4K assets, and the loading that is still on the game is laughable, it's an old game, why does a game that is what more than 5 years still have a loading time for new-gen, I can understand if it was on last-gen. But come on, we are in a new generation these stupid companies claim little to no loading screen.

thatJohann

I expected better, this is ridiculous, all they added was 4K assets, and the loading that is still on the game is laughable, it's an old game, why does a game that is what more than 5 years still have a loading time for new-gen, I can understand if it was on last-gen. But come on, we are in a new generation these stupid companies claim little to no loading screen.
Yeah this is why I think XSX is the version to get. It will very likely load much faster, have 16x AF and 120 FPS support. This is the downside of running PS4 games on PS5 BC mode. Benefits are lost.

Andodalf

Banned

So I’m just going to assume you know nothing about how video games actually work, but loading is a very complex thing and reworking how a game loads is a very complex thing, that can require you to rewrite massive amounts of the engine. This is a UE3 game. It’s not going to have instant loading no matter how fast the storage. It’s just a remaster. It’s fine.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Don't tell me what I already know, this is not an excuse. So buzz off no one asked you.
Dude, you posted your opinion on a public forum. You asked everyone.

And he's right. I mean, if a remaster isn't what you wanted, I suppose that is fine. But if we are talking general standards in comparison to the rest of the industry, this certainly meets the expectations of a remaster and then some. Man, I wish they'd put this type of love into the Metal Gear Solid games.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Look at the conversation between the Major and Shepherd here around 10:00 and IGN new version around 6:30.

The new version looks garish in comparison. Offensive even.
Skin textures, for example, are better on the remaster. Overall textures are better...

Last edited:

Stuart360

Gold Member
Plus the orig game was always too dark at times. The devs even mentioned it in one of the trailers for this version.
Now the game is atleast where they wanted it to be.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This release is getting a surprising amount of crap.
I've never seen so many people call a remaster out for not looking improved enough - let alone in a case like this, where the team has gone back and updated so many features, assets, and gameplay mechanics.

The only way this release falls short is if you are comparing it to the epic scope of a complete remake or overhaul, in the vein of Resident Evil 2: Remake or FF7: Remake. As a "remaster" of a title, it doesn't get much better than this. Often we are given nothing but a fresh coat of paint to go along with modern display resolutions & frame rates.
Here, they have also gone back and added assets, smoothed over gameplay controls, updated the user interface, and even edited some of the level design.

Frankly, you're coming across as ignorant if you are going to call this release minimal or lazy.
Lots of dumb people around here recently. Just plain ignorant. I dont expect everyone to know everything but they seem to relish in their ignorance which is bizarre to say the least. Bioware has been completely upfront about the changes or lack thereof. They pointed out why they didn't push for a full remake. They have spent the last few months listing in excruciating detail all the enhancements brought to the game and even how they did it.

I love demon souls and re2make but they are full $60 titles for one game. You are getting three for the price of one and they have a lot more quality of life improvements than most remasters that just do a simple resolution and fps boost and call it a night. Looking at Nintendo here.

Hell, Nintendo is just about the charge $60 for one remaster. No a.i upscaling either.

Look at the conversation between the Major and Shepherd here around 10:00 and IGN new version around 6:30.

The new version looks garish in comparison. Offensive even.
Sorry but there's dark lighting and then there's that. It was like you closed your eyes and opened them just a little and see the world through those slim openings in the original, now it's more like Noire lighting with actually seeing what you are looking at.

I find your preference the offensive one actually, for a lover of cinema like me; cause even at high contrast dark lighting it lacks so much detail in the original.

Shmunter

Sorry but there's dark lighting and then there's that. It was like you closed your eyes and opened them just a little and see the world through those slim openings in the original, now it's more like Noire lighting with actually seeing what you are looking at.

I find your preference the offensive one actually, for a lover of cinema like me; cause even at high contrast dark lighting it lacks so much detail in the original.
Whoa whoa easy tiger. No need to get all uppity.

New one looks like shit to me, looks like bliss to you, no need to lose your shit over it.

Hey it's an improvement over your sex life at least

Top Bottom