• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition (PS5) 4K 60FPS Gameplay

Rob_27

Cant decide what version to get. Don't have 120hz only 60hz 4k oled. Could someone confirm if PS5 would support adaptive triggers? If not may just get it on series x

Cheers.

Freeman76

This is a very good remaster. Shame i was so excited i picked default shep and forgot to pick a class so I'm soldier which is how i played back in the day. Can you switch classes between games when carrying your character over? I forget now

ill play it for the 60fps alone but they could have at least added in some rtx or something. even Mario 64 has RTX now so dont tell me its not possible

SCB3

Looking good for me, I didn't want many changes other than making ME1 in line with the other 2, but then again I remember being really disappointed when 2 made those changes on its release, so who knows lol

Anyway, preloaded on PS5 and ready to g t back into ME hard again, one of my favourite series of all time and I just wanna lose myself in these, gonna start on Insanity this time around I think

thatJohann

Cant decide what version to get. Don't have 120hz only 60hz 4k oled. Could someone confirm if PS5 would support adaptive triggers? If not may just get it on series x

Cheers.

Same boat. My LG B7 OLED only does 120fps at 1080p, which is still good to me. Getting it on XSX.

Andodalf

Banned
I just hope they havent SJWized Sheperd in any way. He/She could be a real arsehole (punching female reporters etc), and being an arsehole with Sheperd was probably my favorite thing in the trilogy lol.

I think they did fix the thing where the one guy acts like you were mean to him in ME2 even if you were nice in ME1

To all of you who judge the game purely on videos without having actually played it as of yet...play it yourself and then form your opinion. I played it on ps3 and I can honestly tell all y'all it looks leagues better than that old crap.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Greetings Commander,

The time has come again to take command of the Normandy, assemble your crew, and prepare for the unforgettable journey in the Mass Effect Legendary Edition! MELE is a labor of love from the BioWare team and a heartfelt thank you to the passionate community.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition includes the single-player base content and over 40 DLC from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3, including promo weapons, armors and packs—all remastered and optimized for 4K Ultra HD and HDR. Mass Effect Legendary Edition will be available on PC via Origin, EA Desktop app and Steam, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 with optimized backwards compatibility on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 on Friday, May 14. The game will also be available for EA Play Pro members on May 14.

Graphic: Quality mode and performance mode (With HDR)

Quality mode On PS5 run at 4K 60fps (not sure exact resolution)

Size : 80gb (version 1.01) includes day one patch

Mass Effect 1 Legendary Edition 4K 60FPS HDR Gameplay​

Special Thanks to EA for providing the review code.

Meh, will wait for it on PS Plus.

Rikkori

This release is getting a surprising amount of crap.
I've never seen so many people call a remaster out for not looking improved enough - let alone in a case like this, where the team has gone back and updated so many features, assets, and gameplay mechanics.

The only way this release falls short is if you are comparing it to the epic scope of a complete remake or overhaul, in the vein of Resident Evil 2: Remake or FF7: Remake. As a "remaster" of a title, it doesn't get much better than this. Often we are given nothing but a fresh coat of paint to go along with modern display resolutions & frame rates.
Here, they have also gone back and added assets, smoothed over gameplay controls, updated the user interface, and even edited some of the level design.

Frankly, you're coming across as ignorant if you are going to call this release minimal or lazy.
Because it can hardly be called a remaster, and what they did for 2 & 3 is almost nothing at all. When we had things like SR3R come out last year, that set a standard. Or for a remaster/remake like Mafia DE, it's just mind-blowing. Sadly Bioware keeps failing at everything they do & dragging their reputation further through the mud. On the PC at least, this absolutely is the most minimal effort they could've done, with only some lighting changes which have not been already modded in years ago (which both are improvements and downgrades, like butchering the atmosphere of Eden Prime) - but you still give up DLC in ME1 & Multiplayer altogether in ME3, so congrats? Great effort there. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Because it can hardly be called a remaster, and what they did for 2 & 3 is almost nothing at all. When we had things like SR3R come out last year, that set a standard. Or for a remaster/remake like Mafia DE, it's just mind-blowing. Sadly Bioware keeps failing at everything they do & dragging their reputation further through the mud. On the PC at least, this absolutely is the most minimal effort they could've done, with only some lighting changes which have not been already modded in years ago (which both are improvements and downgrades, like butchering the atmosphere of Eden Prime) - but you still give up DLC in ME1 & Multiplayer altogether in ME3, so congrats? Great effort there. :rolleyes:

I can maybe see where you are coming from regarding the lack of visual difference in the PC edition, because I didn't play it there. Even then, there was no HDR on PC and the actual textures probably weren't as good as these updated ones.

Other than that, your post is full of factual inaccuracies. See the bolded section of your post? That just isn't true. There are updates to actual level design, the interface, and even gameplay - including combat controls, balance, and rpg elements.

Edit: Not to mention, they are selling these games at $20 each, which is certainly a budget price. Yes, they are older games and should be discounted as such, but $20 is nearly as cheap as you get for any "new release", let alone with games of this size.

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Should be free on Origin for those that already have the originals, but EA...

wolywood

I'm currently playing through the original ME1 via Game Pass on a Series S. From a visual standpoint there doesn't seem to be much difference between that and the Legendary Edition version - the Series S bumps up the resolution and adds HDR to the OG game. Framerate is still 30 fps as far as I can tell though.

However if the clunky combat has been overhauled I'd say the remaster would be worth it for that alone.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

In isolation the difference in lighting is fine, it would be a great way to experience the games for the first time imo, but as soon as you see a comparison you realised they totally altered the tone and feeling of everything by changing it that much, its crap in comparison imo.

I'm not talking about in comparison to the PC version either, even back then I could only run it at 720p-1080p anyway so it wasn't miles ahead of the console versions, comparing it to the x360 video Stuart360 Stuart360 posted really shows that imo. Its like remaking a film but you blow out all the lighting so you can see the detail in their faces due to the "better" image sensors we have now, I get why they did it but its a failure to me.

Valonquar

So since they cut out all the multiplayer stuff how do they handle that aspect of ME3? Was sorta a pain to 100% without grinding out several online multiplayer things wasn't it?

SafeOrAlone

Banned
So since they cut out all the multiplayer stuff how do they handle that aspect of ME3? Was sorta a pain to 100% without grinding out several online multiplayer things wasn't it?
I could be wrong, but I heard that the buildup to three is somehow tied to your completion rate of side-quests throughout all three games now. Can anyone confirm? Sounds cool.

Dibils2k

Cheers.
i am getting xbox because i trust the BC mode more on xbox and also i played the original 3 on xbox so its kind of a xbox game to me

i said xbox alot

Last edited:

skit_data

Never looked into these since they were almost entirely exclusive and had the cool ”carry over your save”-function only on Xbox and PC when i only had a PS3.

This might be a good time to pick it up, since I’ve heard so much good stuff about these games

Ok, I've never played a ME game. Should I play through these or play through Final Fantasy X/X-2?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Ok, I've never played a ME game. Should I play through these or play through Final Fantasy X/X-2?

You should play these. FFX is a love-it or hate-it title. FFX-2, we don't speak about such things.

Not sure why anyone would buy this trash knowing the changes bioware made. Just play the OG versions on PC and they probably look better anyway.

Already played all 3 games on pc a million times. I'd rather buy this and play a new version of ME1.

You should play these. FFX is a love-it or hate-it title. FFX-2, we don't speak about such things.

Already played all 3 games on pc a million times. I'd rather buy this and play a new version of ME1.

Random person on the internet, I'll take your word for it! Thanks for the suggestion.

You should play ME. But on a computer with mouse and keyboard. These are games that are infinity plus better with mouse/keyboard than a controller. The entire gameplay and combat dynamic changes. Using a pad, when you want to use your powers you will press a button to stop the game and bring up the radial menu. You will browse through them until you reach your desired one. Then you will select it. Then the game unpauses and the power shoots. On PC, you have a quickbar for all of them, 1-8. You will shot those motherfuckers real time, while you move and shoot. Its such a grotesque discrepancy between these two inputs that few games show in such a decisive way. Not to mention managing your team, your weapons, your inventory, swaping upgrades and stuff. Its all a click of the mouse compared to browsing stept by step with a pad.

Mouse and keyboard is nearly always better than a pad in almost any game. But in Mass Effect its godlike compared to pads

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

Cheers.

I originally got it on Steam and downloaded it today. But then I saw they finally released the unlock time and it's 11AM on the 14th. Eh. So I just got my refund and will play it on PS5 instead. 4K w/ HDR and 60fps (I don't have a 120Hz TV either) is fine for me I guess. If I want to try it on PC later, like maybe just part 3 which I've never even seen with my own eyes, I'll either wait for a sale or sign up for EA Play for a month and get it that way.

J3nga

I think this should have been $30 game to those that do not own the original and free to those that own at least on PC. I watched few streams and comparison videos and I do not think it's worthy $60 even though it's all 3 games. Not encouraging anyone not to buy it, you do what you want you with your hard earned money, but as someone who does not own the original trilogy I was thinking of getting it but I cannot justify that price tag for myself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom