• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Sequel Receives New Poster

Umbasaborne

Banned
I think the dead geth indicates destroy ending, perfect destroy ended with shepard alive. I want him to be the protag in the next game. I feel like his personal story deserved a better ending

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
After what they did with Andromeda, it's Meth.

AS8pL1a.jpg

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
From the creators of Mass Effect Andromeda and Anthem?
With amazing writers like Patrick Weekes who totally hasn't joined the woke cult?
2166469-patrick_weekes_bioware_225x300.jpg

EjSBSKyVgAAJjiB.jpg

No way!, How can you worry?!?!?!
Pack your bags folks, this games fucked :messenger_tears_of_joy:

On another note, what kind of spaz dyes their forehead.. fuck me :messenger_tears_of_joy: (y)

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
The irony is that what we got is a downgrade from this..
Truer words were never spoken. Another funny thing is I managed to make a prettier female than the whole cast ingame after ten minutes with the avatar editor, it was jarring. What are these people smoking.. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Duchess

Wonder if they'll call this Mass Effect 4 or Mass Effect 5?

Technically, this will be the 5th game in the series, but the previous game wasn't "numbered".

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
With amazing writers like Patrick Weekes who totally hasn't joined the woke cult?

EjSBSKyVgAAJjiB.jpg

I hope they gutted leadership for competency, because it wouldn't matter if they kept Shepard. If they don't take the universe seriously, just like they didn't in Andromeda, then the game is already dead. They need a good composer, good writers, etc.
The last game was thatsalotofshit.gif

I don't think they can do it. I've seen nothing but a poster, but I'm just pessimistic about how serious the talent is about Mass Effect.
If they removed ass shots from ME2, retroactively, what's to think they wouldn't be petty with that's included this time around? If the planning of a game, or maybe a brainstorming session includes gender or any of that stupid shit that doesn't really matter too much in a GAME, then it's already a failed endeavor. It's to the point where if I know a game is being self censored because of social commentary or today's social issues, I'll steer clear. My interest is there, I want to find out more, but... I really don't think they can capture lightning in a bottle a 2nd time around. Most of, if not all the senior talent are gone and with them ME, IMO.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I just hope we get a really powerful character editor. My favorite part of the original trilogy was playing as my butt ugly freak maleshep, belittling all my subordinates and banging hot aliens.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Excited for this, it feels like BioWare has taken years off from the legit mass effect franchise, I admit sitting back the suicide mission, and collectors are kinda cheesy but back in 2010 it rocked. It's amazing how the reapers and collectors pedal fear. Bioware went out of their way to make a scary race of harvesting aliens. It’s a hall of fame franchise.

I'm assuming it will be running on the frostbite engine
I believe they are using Unreal Engine 5 after the issues they had with Anthem and Andromeda. Frostbite was infamous for some animation stuff and other tech issues..

I've heard numerous reports on this.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Hopefully the guy who publicly stated on multiple occasions that he hated white people on Twitter is long gone from the company and the video game industry for that matter.

He is long gone from Bioware - like right after ME:A released. He is currently working on some anime SJW opus for Xbox. I can't remember the name of it, but there was a thread on here a while ago. Makes me sick that his trash is going to be on Xbox.

Saucy Papi

He is long gone from Bioware - like right after ME:A released. He is currently working on some anime SJW opus for Xbox. I can't remember the name of it, but there was a thread on here a while ago. Makes me sick that his trash is going to be on Xbox.
I personally wouldn't allow it on my platform but I'm not in charge of Xbox so...

TheDreadLord

Gold Member
I think the dead geth indicates destroy ending, perfect destroy ended with shepard alive. I want him to be the protag in the next game. I feel like his personal story deserved a better ending
This pretty much is my guess. Perfect Destroy ending is probably the canon. I would like to see another protagonist though… Liara would be great! Perhaps Shepard can still be a playable character but I would like something more like Gears 4 with Marcus.

Fbh

who can possibly care about this game after Andromeda and Anthem

They'll pull a Star Wars sequels.
Bring back (a part of) the original cast and hope it's enough for people not to notice how everything else sucks.

The OG trilogy still gets a lot of love. By the time people notice it's a shitty modern Bioware game they might have already met their pre order and day 1 sales target.

Last edited:
Oh God, i pray, PRAY, they dont fuck this up, or SJWize Sheperd (assuming we are Sheperd again).
My fave gaming trilogy, and some of my fave games of all time.
im right there with you but lets look at the talent involved. Is there writing talent there on par with ME1-3? No. Unless they made major team overhauls im unaware of

JayK47

After playing The Legendary Edition, I would love it if the story including Anderson in some way. He is a great character that we barely got to see in the original trilogy. If not a full game, the perfect DLC. A prequel where you either play Anderson as he has command of a ship before Shepard came along.

Wonder if the Feminist Frequency team is going to pay them a visit like they did for Anthem.

Here is the crazy part Anthem had the writer Drew Karpyshn the man who wrote Baldurs Gate 2, Mass Effect 1 and 2, Knights of the old republic but he resigned and left the studio and Anthem was changed heavily after he left.

The writer that was responsible for some of the best storytelling in Biowares history just left and ME3 would have been very different if Drew had been the writer just sad all around.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Bioware they like building around characters (Liar, Garrus etc.) but also develop existing characters (Admiral Hackett, Anderson etc.) these characters have their own identities and you fall in love with the mission of saving humanity those aspects were absent in the last Mass Effect game.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Only Played Andromeda and liked it a lot despite all the glitches, and that was like 2 years after release! I give it 9/10 as I loved how they handled galactical discovery with that galaxy music when rooming around planets and reading about their materials. Hope to see the new sequel as the gameplay was extremely fun.

Corndog

Banned

EjSBSKyVgAAJjiB.jpg

The sad thing is he has done some decent work. I think he is working on dragon age. So we will get to see plenty of woke stuff in that game.

Top Bottom