• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Murderer live streaming on YouTube

Australia is pretty tight with it's gun control so hopefully it won't spill out over there.

No it's not. Up to and including Automatic Assault Rifles - easy to get for the average Joe, but most entry level gangsters here in western Sydney prefer pistols as they are easier to conceal and carry. If you are willing and have $1,000 to your name, you have a gun. $10,000? You got a small armory.

Last edited:

Atrus

Gold Member
Wow... this guy is an outright lunatic. In a few seconds viewing stills of his weapons and kit on an australian news site and I see a neonazi black sun and the dates for the Battle of Vienna (1683) and Battle of Lepanto (1571) on his weapons. It looks like he's scrawled every interaction between a Western army and Islamic one on there.

Googling 'Pelayu' points out that this is the Asturian spelling of the Visigoth Pelagius from the time of the Reconquista. His weapons are all enscribed with this nonsense. This is the sort of trash that should be put on a desert island with ISIS fighters to duke it out far away from the rest of humanity.

My sympathies and condolences to the dead and their families.

He also claims to have received a blessing/mission go from Breivik himself:

But I have only had brief contact with Knight Justiciar Breivik, receiving a blessing for my mission after contacting his brother knights.

Why not? More information good? You waiting for CNN to distill it into something you can digest?

I wish I hadn't found the full stream. That was hard to watch. I have tears going down my face. Especially his bullshit execution of that woman on the street. Also NZ police are next to useless. Response times are non existent. Ambulance got there first.

Last edited:

AfricanKing

Why not? More information good? You waiting for CNN to distill it into something you can digest?

I wish I hadn't found the full stream. That was hard to watch. I have tears going down my face. Especially his bullshit execution of that woman on the street. Also NZ police are next to useless. Response times are non existent. Ambulance got there first.

If your going to copy and post the manifesto of a man who is currently responsible for the murder of multiple people, have the common courtesy to know that not everyone wants to read it especially since you don't even tell people what it is you are pasting.

I'll describe the key points of his livestream;

Video starts off with shooter getting into his vehicle. Says 'Hey kids, subscribe to pewdiepie'.

Shooter starts driving to mosque nearby, starts playing remove kebab meme music on his radio (God is a Serb)

Shooter parks vehicle next to mosque, opens boot which is filled with shotguns, assault rifles, etc.

Takes a shot gun and a rifle, walks to mosque entrance.

Starts shooting men at entrance with shotgun, continues, killing everyone in hallway.

Brings up his assault rifle and goes room to room shooting men women and children.

He goes outside looks for more Muslim victims in carpark, finds some. They are mostly women. Kills them.

Goes back in car to get petrol to set mosque on fire. But changes his mind, his attack has drawn too much attention. Won't have time to burn it down.

He goes back in mosque and makes sure everyone is dead.

He prepares to leave mosque, sees muslim woman approaching; he shoots her from a distance. She is lying on street begging for help.

He shoots her in back of head several times.

He gets in car and drives away, over her body. I couldn't watch anymore.

If your going to copy and post the manifesto of a man who is currently responsible for the murder of multiple people, have the common courtesy to know that not everyone wants to read it especially since you don't even tell people what it is you are pasting.

Ok so you're free to depart this thread and avoid its contents.

Last edited:

Ivellios

My sympathies and prayers for the family of the victims, may they rest in peace.

Such an unecessary tragedy, the more i read about it the less i understand what would lead someone to do something so cruel like that. One of them from what i understood specifically travelled to New Zealand just for this.

I found the stream but i dont think i can watch it at all...

DaForest

Banned
It's scary that the asshole had accomplices to pull this off in New Zealand of all places. Even scarier will be the possibility of copy-cats and revenge attacks in both NZ and AUS. Pretty good police response considering the circumstances, but reactionary responses to active shooters can only do so much.

One of the gunmen pretty much wrote a manifesto stating he wanted the left and right to fight over the 2nd amendment between all of his racist psychobabble and memes.

Putting blame on Pewdiepie, is as dumb as blaming Ariana Grande for the Manchester killings though.

Who has placed the blame squarely at PewDiePie’s feet? :/

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Terrible people with terrible instruments. Not much else to say.

DaForest

Banned
Wow... this guy is an outright lunatic. In a few seconds viewing stills of his weapons and kit on an australian news site and I see a neonazi black sun and the dates for the Battle of Vienna (1683) and Battle of Lepanto (1571) on his weapons. It looks like he's scrawled every interaction between a Western army and Islamic one on there.

Googling 'Pelayu' points out that this is the Asturian spelling of the Visigoth Pelagius from the time of the Reconquista. His weapons are all enscribed with this nonsense. This is the sort of trash that should be put on a desert island with ISIS fighters to duke it out far away from the rest of humanity.

My sympathies and condolences to the dead and their families.

He’s not a “lunatic” in the traditional sense. He is a subscriber to the alt-right, a member of a growing movement among many whites who believe - wrongly, of course - that white people are a victimized class whose culture is being erased by the influx of non-whites into their society. His weapons weren’t scribbled with “nonsense,” either. The language was very particular and is deeply rooted in the white supremacist cause.

Last edited:
If we are banning all references the guy makes to anything, then no one should ever mention Pewdipie in regards to this. But the mainstream media will mention that in every single headline. They literally are promoting one of his things he wanted promoted, because it suits a target the media wants to shame.

If the real moral principle here is to not broadcast anything in regards to this guy, then no one would have mentioned anything he said in the headlines. They would just say there is a mass shooting, and where it happened and stick to objective factual reporting.

MayauMiao

I saw bits of it, i skip the part where he actually kills. Holy shit its horrible and I expect the media will go after video games due to the video done in a very FPS manner.

AfricanKing

If we are banning all references the guy makes to anything, then no one should ever mention Pewdipie in regards to this. But the mainstream media will mention that in every single headline. They literally are promoting one of his things he wanted promoted, because it suits a target the media wants to shame.

If the real moral principle here is to not broadcast anything in regards to this guy, then no one would have mentioned anything he said in the headlines. They would just say there is a mass shooting, and where it happened and stick to objective factual reporting.

Free posting a killers manifesto is one thing , not telling people what you are posting is another as I said common courtesy should at least tell you to label or even mark it as such .

Kagey K

Banned
There has to be a way to prevent these kinds of incidents. It’s not like a person wakes up one morning and decided this is the day....

I know thought crimes and all that, but at a certain point, they have to realize these ideas are credible.

Free posting a killers manifesto is one thing , not telling people what you are posting is another as I said common courtesy should at least tell you to label or even mark it as such .

i mean i think if people clicked a thread labelled mass murder they kind of understand what they are getting themselves into

Kagey K

Banned
i mean i think if people clicked a thread labelled mass murder they kind of understand what they are getting themselves into
I refuse to click any link in this thread, because I expected the worst in all of them. The least you could do is spoiler the link, so they know exactly what they are agreeing to see.

Kagey K

Banned
Jesus I just had a friend open a bank in NZ today and I know it’s not the biggest place in the world.

Is there a list of people hurt yet?

Lanrutcon

I thought the thread title was going to be a clever pun on some harmless activity, maybe someone "killing it" on stage or something.

Jesus Christ. I was not prepared for this shit.

Jesus I just had a friend open a bank in NZ today and I know it’s not the biggest place in the world.

Is there a list of people hurt yet?
I doubt there is a list of names yet, and if there is, it's probably only in New Zealand press.

The attack was in the city of Christchurch at two separate mosques if that helps.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Unfortunately watched the video totally disgusting. These are the reasons why as an American I won't give up my weapons because of psychos in the world like this.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Deplatform 8chan. Shut the site down. Youtube needs to remove PewDiePie, as well. THQ Nordic also must come out with a stern disavowal of 8chan and verifiable proof that the parties responsible for that disastrous AMA have been fired. Not that they've ever released anything of note in recent memory, but I refuse to purchase anything they release until what happened is addressed with more than an insincere PR statement. I loved Red Faction: Guerilla, but I'll pass on a sequel if no action is taken.

This is NOT about you!

RIP to all of the victims of this abhorrent act.

Glancing over it again, his manifesto is clearly meant to stir up as much media frenzy as possible. Certain quotes are perfect left vs right ammo, ambiguous enough to fire at anyone. And the people he singles out by name are already under attack by the MSM. This was very calculated and something a media-savvy 4chan (in this case 8chan) edge-lord would do. There is no way this can be a false flag like some are mentioning. It is too self and meme aware. If his stated goal is to sow divisions like he says, then the manifesto is tailored for that alongside the abhorrent action.

I would prefer the media does not publicize the contents of his ramblings. That's exactly what he wants. Sadly he no doubt is counting on the MSM's stupidity, and that's something you can always count on.

Last edited:
I am one of the biggest free speech defenders out there. I've been banned from almost every site I've ever posted on. Censorship is out of control. It's one of the main reasons I love this site we're on now.

But I have to admit, I am doing at least a little bit of soul searching after glancing at 4chan just now. I never look at that site, but I have defended it in conversations multiple times.

I watched the video in full. Then I read about 5 pages of discussion about it on 4chan. The shooter is literally a walking meme, with multiple references made in the video to online culture. And the 4 chan reaction to the video was literally about 95% glowing praise. One even said that the shooter is like the living embodiment of 4chan made into a real person.

I think the internet is going to be in some deep shit after this. It appears that this shooter may have actually been radicalized on 4chan, or other similar sites. No one ever bats an eyelash when government talks about censoring sites that radicalize Islamic terrorists. Now that is the conversation we're having about right wing terrorism. It's pretty grim.

It would be one thing if they were denouncing this guy and it was a bad apple that just happened to post there. But instead, almost every post is actually celebrating it. It's much worse than I realized.

Still not sure if censorship would be the answer here, as that would be abused and used on tons of opinions that don't deserve that. But damn, that is an ugly fucking site.

Our 'friends' over at Resetera already blaming Pewdiepie and saying he is "Complicit" to the shooting. Users pointing out why this is irrational and crazy are being mass banned.

And that's how the extremists win, kids.

It appears that this shooter may have actually been radicalized on 4chan

Well according to the shooter, he was radicalized by traveling the world and seeing the state of Europe. He also spent much time in the middle east and beyond (Pakistan). He states he was in France when a terror attack happened and that's when he became enraged.

Last edited:
I am one of the biggest free speech defenders out there. I've been banned from almost every site I've ever posted on. Censorship is out of control. It's one of the main reasons I love this site we're on now.

But I have to admit, I am doing at least a little bit of soul searching after glancing at 4chan just now. I never look at that site, but I have defended it in conversations multiple times.

I watched the video in full. Then I read about 5 pages of discussion about it on 4chan. The shooter is literally a walking meme, with multiple references made in the video to online culture. And the 4 chan reaction to the video was literally about 95% glowing praise. One even said that the shooter is like the living embodiment of 4chan made into a real person.

I think the internet is going to be in some deep shit after this. It appears that this shooter may have actually been radicalized on 4chan, or other similar sites. No one ever bats an eyelash when government talks about censoring sites that radicalize Islamic terrorists. Now that is the conversation we're having about right wing terrorism. It's pretty grim.

It would be one thing if they were denouncing this guy and it was a bad apple that just happened to post there. But instead, almost every post is actually celebrating it. It's much worse than I realized.

Still not sure if censorship would be the answer here, as that would be abused and used on tons of opinions that don't deserve that. But damn, that is an ugly fucking site.

censorship? nah. maybe more surveillance or something of that manner

JimmyRustler

Gold Member

You think censorship will make this people go away? DON'T choose the easy road friend. That is what got it here. We need to talk about how and why these people got the way they are. THIS we need to handle. Censorship will accomplish nothing.

You think censorship will make this people go away? DON'T choose the easy road friend. That is what got it here. We need to talk about how and why these people got the way they are. THIS we need to handle. Censorship will accomplish nothing.
I agree, good point. But yeah, my opinion of the site is updated at least.

Orpheum

Pewdiepie had nothing to do with it. Era is being idiotic again.

Why do they even bring Pewds up in the first place??? Yes he is memeing "subscribe to pewdiepie" but spinning the narrative to blame an internet celebrity is messed up, this is not about him! Can these fuckers actually blame the sick fucks who were responsible for the events because of their OWN messed up minds?

wzy

I agree, good point. But yeah, my opinion of the site is updated at least.

Even if you could pull the chans from the internet, and you can't because they're smarter than you and anyone else who wants to try, consider the alternative hypothesis: if altright proving grounds attract mass murderers, and prevented them from carrying out their attacks (by offering comradery, personal validation, etc.),, you would expect the world to look about like it does right now. That is, a few fall through the cracks, but for everyone else the system basically works. Yeah, this is the justification for the Tiger Rock, but the alternative is nonsensical: mass shooters predate internet culture by more than a century, and for every individual shooter that posts on 4chan etc., thousands more do not.

I don't see how much more explicit the connection between trolling and spree-killing could be made. The whole point is the reaction. The more hysterical it becomes the more the whole basic strategy is vindicated. What should happen in the wake of this news, from the perspective of actually preventing more of these attacks in the future, is fucking nothing. Which is why I can say with complete confidence that they will continue to happen at an accelerated rate right up until we reach the saturation point when they are common enough that people stop giving a shit.

CyberPanda

Banned
Why do they even bring Pewds up in the first place??? Yes he is memeing "subscribe to pewdiepie" but spinning the narrative to blame an internet celebrity is messed up, this is not about him! Can these fuckers actually blame the sick fucks who were responsible for the events because of their OWN messed up minds?
They want Pewdiepie to go down in flames. It’s fucked up.

MayauMiao

Their minds are messed up because they live in an echo chamber hive mind. I bet they will even blame Trump for this.

its like what one of the posters above said. the dude was like littered with internet meme bullshit. it doesnt have anything to do with him specifically. if anyone takes it that he had anything to do with it is a complete and utter moron.

Our 'friends' over at Resetera already blaming Pewdiepie and saying he is "Complicit" to the shooting. Users pointing out why this is irrational and crazy are being mass banned.

And that's how the extremists win, kids.

Well according to the shooter, he was radicalized by traveling the world and seeing the state of Europe. He also spent much time in the middle east and beyond (Pakistan). He states he was in France when a terror attack happened and that's when he became enraged.

That's so fucking creepy that they think Pewdiepie is somehow "complicit" in this, was Jodie Foster "complicit" in Reagan getting shot because the shooter mentioned her? Was J. D. Salinger "complicit" in Mark David Chapman shooting John Lennon? And those are incidents where the people in question were far directly a part of then a troll just name dropping someone.

The fact that we have murderous lunatics on one side but creepy weirdos who think you're "complicit" just because a lunatic mentions you is just.... I don't even know what to say.

I will say this though, is the world absolutely doomed? It's hard not to get apocalyptic vibes from the present day, I'm not trying to be cute, I'm deadly fucking serious.

Top Bottom