• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Murderer live streaming on YouTube

Pewdiepie subreddit is shut down, and pewds is losing subscribers, T-Series about to surpass.

I'm sorry to make this about some youtuber, but it's relevant new happenings I guess. 10pm in New Zealand further updates not for a long time.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Fuck. Just when things seemed to be slowing down a little bit (terrorist wise). This is just going to cause a wave of reprisal attacks. The cowards who did this are filth. Those poor victims.

CyberPanda

Banned
That's so fucking creepy that they think Pewdiepie is somehow "complicit" in this, was Jodie Foster "complicit" in Reagan getting shot because the shooter mentioned her? Was J. D. Salinger "complicit" in Mark David Chapman shooting John Lennon? And those are incidents where the people in question were far directly a part of then a troll just name dropping someone.

The fact that we have murderous lunatics on one side but creepy weirdos who think you're "complicit" just because a lunatic mentions you is just.... I don't even know what to say.

I will say this though, is the world absolutely doomed? It's hard not to get apocalyptic vibes from the present day, I'm not trying to be cute, I'm deadly fucking serious.
Yes, the world is doomed. There is some good left, but it’s in the form of animals. They are the sincerest creatures on the planet. For the most part humans are just trash. Religious ideologies have caused the most war on this planet, and it will continue to do so. So many different beliefs just causes more disagreements and conflicts. It will never end. Humans have ruined this planet. All we can do is live the best lives given to us, and watch the world burn.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
That's so fucking creepy that they think Pewdiepie is somehow "complicit" in this, was Jodie Foster "complicit" in Reagan getting shot because the shooter mentioned her? Was J. D. Salinger "complicit" in Mark David Chapman shooting John Lennon? And those are incidents where the people in question were far directly a part of then a troll just name dropping someone.
Come on... You know what this is all about. ERA didn't like him before that. The shooter mentioning him is like a birthday present for them.

Ramzy

Pewdiepie subreddit is shut down, and pewds is losing subscribers, T-Series about to surpass.

I'm sorry to make this about some youtuber, but it's relevant new happenings I guess. 10pm in New Zealand further updates not for a long time.

WhoooooOOOoOoOooOoo cares?

50~ innocent people dead and you're talking about fucking youtube subs to a meme channel, good lord.

The fact that we have murderous lunatics on one side but creepy weirdos who think you're "complicit" just because a lunatic mentions you is just.... I don't even know what to say.

I will say this though, is the world absolutely doomed? It's hard not to get apocalyptic vibes from the present day, I'm not trying to be cute, I'm deadly fucking serious.

no. not at all. i mean take your life something like this hasnt happened in it. has it? and i mean of the billions of people it hasnt either. ugly things do happen but because they occure doesnt mean we as a race or like as a being on a planet are doomed. the entire history of this planet is fucking death and distruction and still life goes on. i know i fucking HATE when people say the usually and completely fucking stupid line of "OKAY COMET COME CRASH DOWN NOW" or something similar. like that its one of the dumbest fucking repsonses you can say

50~ innocent people dead and you're talking about fucking youtube subs to a meme channel, good lord.

well this could be relevant. he has nothing to do with it and you know people tomorrow morning are going to use their deaths and lets say some dumb youtubers subscriber numbers to push some bullshit. that isnt bringing anything together is it. nope it just pushes people away from each other more and tries to make villains out of people who arent

Last edited:

jonnyp

Maybe he did, but it's doubtful, since he is a white supremacist and PDP has a history of teasing the public with an affinity for Nazism. There's more than a tangential relationship between this instance of mass murder and PewDiePie's history of racist gaslighting, which lends enough credence to the argument that PewDiePie is someone whose toxic influence on millions is of paramount concern and demands the attention of Youtube.

I can't even.....

Lupingosei

Banned
So people are already agreeing that the manifesto is bait and everything he did was just to increase the polarization. But still people take the bait and increase the polarization.

Everything he did was calculated and still people in their rightous outrage take the bait. This is incredible.

This guy is really a product of today's western internet culture.

His "FAQ" covers all the usual talking points. He knows his audience (which includes us here and ResetEra for example).

As for the video, I guess it was only a matter of time until someone produces something like that.

I didn't watch it btw. The video of the cop shooting that innocent guy that was posted here recently reminded me that I shouldn't watch such a stuff.

Last edited:
So people are already agreeing that the manifesto is bait and everything he did was just to increase the polarization. But still people take the bait and increase the polarization.

Everything he did was calculated and still people in their rightous outrage take the bait. This is incredible.

Indeed. The bait was just too tasty.

Evidently tens of thousands of people in the first 24 hours. And probably most news networks soon.

It's relevant to the overall narrative surrounding the massacre. This was a political terror attack. Not an isolated spontaneous space-time explosion in the vacuum of space. Pop culture plays a part here. 'Good lord', he was exhibiting memes during the attack.

Last edited:

Lupingosei

Banned

Yes, and people are already blaming people who are "responsible". Look at ResetEra. The same people lectured British in this forum about Brexit right after the attack in Manchester.

It must be amazing to be on the right side of history.

MrRogers

Just saw this on the news. Terrible and barbaric. RIP to the victims and swift justice and hard sentences to the perps.

Breakage

The way it's filmed makes it look like a kill montage from Call of Duty or something. It's as if he treated his ‘run’ it as a game. I'm sure the white name markings on the gun are part of the customisation aspect of CoD (I'm not sure though as I haven't played CoD for years).

Last edited:

Lupingosei

Banned
It's relevant to the overall narrative surrounding the massacre. This was a political terror attack. Not an isolated spontaneous space-time explosion in the vacuum of space. Pop culture plays a part here. 'Good lord', he was exhibiting memes during the attack.

And people will not understand this. Even killers and terrorists are part of culture. The Columbine killers used popular culture just as much as the 9/11 terrorist. Movies, culture and society are always reflected in their actions. This guy was part of the internet culture that is why he streamed the attack and used memes.

People calling out certain people as responsible are just on the same level as people calling out Marylin Manson after Columbine.

Last edited:
Yes, and people are already blaming people who are "responsible". Look at ResetEra. The same people lectured British in this forum about Brexit right after the attack in Manchester.

It must be amazing to be on the right side of history.

That place is a cess pit. It's not even a discussion forum. Only if you're on the right side of the discussion. If you dare to state that in your opinion, PewDiePie is an asshole but has nothing to do with this incident, you get banned.. Not only that you get dogpiled by a ton of people telling you literally to "Fuck Off". I don't want to make this about resetera because we should all be focusing on how tragic this event is, but the way that place is, there's no rational discussion to be had. It's a dreadful place full of people who would probably do nothing outside of the internet to help push any of the causes that they profess to care about and would instead rather just bitch amongst a bunch of like minded people on the Web.

Thankfully I haven't seen the footage. It sounds horrifying. I don't even want to imagine what those people went through. I wish those left behind much strength, and the resolve to keep going after this.

Loved ones of mothers, fathers, and children just lost their lives in absolute horror. May they rest in peace.

I feel sick.

I wish only the very worst on the racist parasites who have done this.

Last edited:
no. not at all. i mean take your life something like this hasnt happened in it. has it? and i mean of the billions of people it hasnt either. ugly things do happen but because they occure doesnt mean we as a race or like as a being on a planet are doomed. the entire history of this planet is fucking death and distruction and still life goes on. i know i fucking HATE when people say the usually and completely fucking stupid line of "OKAY COMET COME CRASH DOWN NOW" or something similar. like that its one of the dumbest fucking repsonses you can say

well this could be relevant. he has nothing to do with it and you know people tomorrow morning are going to use their deaths and lets say some dumb youtubers subscriber numbers to push some bullshit. that isnt bringing anything together is it. nope it just pushes people away from each other more and tries to make villains out of people who arent

The thing about it is the end of the world as we know it doesn't mean the extinction of the human race or anything, just the collapse of modern civilizations.

You are correct that the entire history of this planet is death and destruction.... and the collapse of civilizations, history is littered with them, it seems inevitable, as if civilizations have life spans like a person.

My guess? Every nation or close to it is going to spiral into civil wars, like the 2011 Arab Spring but on a global scale.

The internet age has destabilized society and it's likely to get worse from here.

That's the irony though is it wont be global warming, just good old fashioned human disagreement.

Isn't it terrifying that his plot seems to be working?

Dontero

Banned
read his manifesto, dude "won" already.

His manifesto is pure trolling and mentioning random popular things so media could go on crusade and rile people even more against them because it is obvious for anyone watching PDP or playing Fortnite that those things have nothing to do with nationalism.

Clickbait media is what made this possible.
Dude perfectly knew what he is doing when he started livestream.

It was calculated attack for maximum media outreach

I don't have any idea how to fight it though. Absolutely i have no idea what can someone do about it.
To me it looks like it is just the beginning. He lied down every psychopath how to get media riled up about what he did.

Crazy times we live in.

I fully expect there will be other attacks like this in few days to months and this shit will start to be norm.

Last edited:

Orpheum

His manifesto is pure trolling and mentioning random things so media could go on crusade and rile people even more against them because it is obvious for anyone watching PDP or playing Fortnite that those things have nothing to do with nationalism.

I don't have any idea how to fight it though. Absolutely i have no idea what can someone do about it.
To me it looks like it is just the begging. He lied down every psychopath how to get media riled up about what he did.

Crazy times we live in.

I fully expect there will be other attacks like this in few days to months and this shit will start to be norm.

Yeah this is on another Level. Mentioning memes, games (fortnite to be specific), this is exactly what he wants and will get out of this-> maximum coverage and discussion...

His manifesto is pure trolling and mentioning random popular things so media could go on crusade and rile people even more against them because it is obvious for anyone watching PDP or playing Fortnite that those things have nothing to do with nationalism.

To me it looks like it is just the begging. He lied down every psychopath how to get media riled up about what he did.

Crazy times we live in.

Like I said, the internet is destabilizing society and this is probably just the beginning of more chaos and violence to come.

There's a lot that's wonderful about the internet, but it looks like pound for pound it was a mistake and might be what brings about the end of civilization as we know it

Dontero

Banned
Like I said, the internet is destabilizing society and this is probably just the beginning of more chaos and violence to come.
There's a lot that's wonderful about the internet, but it looks like pound for pound it was a mistake and might be what brings about the end of civilization as we know it

I don't think it is about internet. I think it is about how people form groups and how culture wars are fought especially now in era of social platforms recommending you next content and stopping people from using something if they don't agree with what they say.

In normal society you have a pub you go get drunk with people, friends or random people you talk shit, you are more times wrong than right and people talk shit about you etc etc etc. So you share ideas in non compartmentalized group.

Internet gives you access to shitload of people who you can talk with but unlike pub it is very compartmentalized.
Right wing talks to right wingers, left wing to left wingers and all social platforms suggest you what you "like" to see next

And lately everyone who doesn't "fit" into groups is banned thus creating echo-chambers which further compartmentalizes those groups. People who get banned don't stop existing, they look for place to talk again but this time this place will be more about his views rather than swimming upstream to main opinion.

And then there is click-bait. The whole concept lives off people tragedy.

So you have click-bait gas-lighting people in echochabers who do not have access to different opinions who stop you from going into certain direction because you realize something is really fucking dumb.

Internet is a vessel but the problem is in society itself. Taking out internet will not solve issue. Any broad form of communication will lead to that and there is no fix for it unless you want to live in 1984.

YayNJ

Banned
The way this thread is going and some of the comments is exactly what the terrorist wanted.

Just saying.

JimiNutz

Banned
This is grim. Can someone PM me the video?

Edit: got it thanks

It'll probably ruin my day but I kind of want to see it too.

Edit: Fuck that was so surreal to watch. It really does look like some kind of COD kill montage. The guy is completely calm the entire time as well. What a fucking lunatic.

Last edited:

dopey

Deplatform 8chan. Shut the site down. Youtube needs to remove PewDiePie, as well. THQ Nordic also must come out with a stern disavowal of 8chan and verifiable proof that the parties responsible for that disastrous AMA have been fired. Not that they've ever released anything of note in recent memory, but I refuse to purchase anything they release until what happened is addressed with more than an insincere PR statement. I loved Red Faction: Guerilla, but I'll pass on a sequel if no action is taken.

Are you literally insane ? By your logic we should ban Islam because this very killer cited the Islamic terrorist attack that killed an eleven-year old girl and three others in Stockholm as an actual motivation for doing this, also by your insane logic Ariana Grande should not be allowed to have concerts anymore. Seeing people like you trying to take advantage of these horrific events to attack people you dislike who has nothing to do with this whatsoever is absolutely appalling.

In cases like this I really favor the death penalty, the idea that this guy and possible accomplices will be able to live out their lives is like a knife in the back, the aforementioned Stockholm terrorist will live a long life after having killed 4 people including an 11-year old girl and her dog by mowing them down using a stolen truck, I want these f**ckers gone.

Dontero

Banned
The way this thread is going and some of the comments is exactly what the terrorist wanted.

Just saying.

What does that mean exactly ?
Because from what i read this tread most of people aren't stupid and know this is media stunt and he trolled by using every random popular thing so media and social media would get on this.

Just saying.

That goes for every terrorism related situation. Every time a muslim attacks someone, I guess terrorists get what they wanted. Funny how when muslims get shot Trump doesn't go on a 30 tweet rant and his son is urging people not to mention the suspects by name. Interesting how that goes.

Even more sick irony; he mentioned his most admired/model society today is the People's Republic of China, which is strictly controlling the internet for its citizens and has introduced fascistic measures such as a social credit score that can be impacted by online behaviour.

He ticked all the boxes.

The solution is not to play. But this game is too tempting for too many people.

Last edited:

Just saying.

People will react to tragedy without giving a thought to the killers wishes. Such is life, trying to steer conversation around what the killer did or didn’t want is a waste of time.

That goes for every terrorism related situation. Every time a muslim attacks someone, I guess terrorists get what they wanted. Funny how when muslims get shot Trump doesn't go on a 30 tweet rant and his son is urging people not to mention the suspects by name. Interesting how that goes.

Damn trump and his lack of tweets!! This is an outrage!

Edit: Fuck that was so surreal to watch. It really does look like some kind of COD kill montage. The guy is completely calm the entire time as well. What a fucking lunatic.

It’s the IRL ‘No Russian’. I thought the exact same.

Last edited:

Airola

Dude's worried about his race not breeding fast enough.
Decides it's best to kill those people who don't have that problem with breeding and decides to do things that likely causes himself to be killed or at the very least never being able to have children to counter the population drop crisis. And tries to do it in a way where he aims to have massive racial and cultural wars where even more people end up dead.

Dude blames others for the problems of his own race and chooses to destroy the remains of that instead of starting to build a healthy family.

That manifesto was really interesting to read though. It's pretty rare you can get a look at the thoughts of a mass murderer. He had legitimate worries here and there, but tons of hyperbolic bullshit too with the will to go lightspeed towards that hyperbolic stuff and insane and counterproductive methods to fix those supposed problems.

He is a danger to both his own race and to humanity as a whole. I would be ok with a death penalty in a case like this where a person ruthlessly murders innocent people and even has video footage to prove it (minimizing the possibility of having a wrong person sentenced to death).

Tesseract

Banned
not sure why the chans should be shut down, don't they comply with law enforcement and moderate illegal activity?

it's pi day, a pewdiepie meme association isn't that absurd

footage is graphic, manifesto is what you'd expect

rip to the victims, hope law enforcement and psychologists can learn something from this maniac

Last edited:
Absolutely awful news to wake up to. Glad I didn't see this video/thread last night because curiosity would have gotten the better of me

Just watched the video. Disgusting.

Two days ago there was a mass shooting here in my country. Eight dead. Apparently the two killers were channers.

Dontero

Banned
Just watched the video. Disgusting.

Two days ago there was a mass shooting here in my country. Eight dead. Apparently the two killers were channers.

It always amazes me when someone decides that someone was xxx.

Like in this case. Terrorists streamed this on fucking facebook. They had twitter profiles where they publicly shared photos of their weapons with painted death to muslims and so on on them.
But apparently 4chan is the issue because they made post there.

Even if you account everything you still need to establish that this was all what they did, the stuff about traveling world and France terror attacks probably had to do more with it than any 4chan ever would.

Man why would you watch a mass murderer live on the internet?

Why do you ask even that question ? Just look around what people watch. They don't watch people hugging each other, they watch war movies, news is only good when war is happening and so on.

This is why this guy is fucking evil. Because he knew that and he maximized, he did everything he could to start social media war and everyone will be talking about him as background.

Last edited:

-Minsc-

Our 'friends' over at Resetera already blaming Pewdiepie and saying he is "Complicit" to the shooting. Users pointing out why this is irrational and crazy are being mass banned.

And that's how the extremists win, kids.
When I saw this thread and read the first post I didn't even think of Pewdiepie or Reset Era. They are really not important to this.

Edit:

Watched it

Yeah that’ll stick with me for a bit
Man why would you watch a mass murderer live on the internet?
Why do you ask even that question ? Just look around what people watch. They don't watch people hugging each other, they watch war movies, news is only good when war is happening and so on.

This is why this guy is fucking evil. Because he knew that and he maximized, he did everything he could to start social media war and everyone will be talking about him as background.

I won't lie, I considered watching it. Thankfully I quickly let that idea fizzle out. I can definitely understand why people would watch it. Curiosity killed the cat.

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
Absolutely tragic. RIP to the innocent lives lost. Hope that fucking psycho rots.

Try as we might we still struggle with human tibalism. It's disheartening knowing there are other people that support the murder. So much pointless violence and hatred.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Oh for fuck's sake. Utterly fucking appalling on every level - and the fact that the stream wasn't stopped is pretty shit too. What the fucking fuck is wrong with people? If we can draw a positive from this it does at least seem that people are calling this what it is, terrorism, where previously white nationalist terrorism has tended not to get named as such.

So after spending too much time at pol and reset i have the following observations

Pol thinks this guy is based and taking revenge on muslims for their attacks

Reset blames white people as a whole

Sucks for pewds he us going to take heat for this shit also
Obviously no. But as president of all white people he is clearly at fault of course

Uh, I would say it really sucks for the victims and their families.

I’m not thinking about about PDP right now.

SegaShack

So after spending too much time at pol and reset i have the following observations

Pol thinks this guy is based and taking revenge on muslims for their attacks

Reset blames white people as a whole

Sucks for pewds he us going to take heat for this shit also
Lets not make this thread about youtube stars. That can be another thread.

vpance

It honestly looked like footage from Hardcore Henry. Insane how he was doing that while having his personal playlist on in the background.

Makariel

Live streaming murder, if this was a Black Mirror episode I would think this is far fetched. How did we end up in this place?

My thoughts are with the families.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
It is a terrible tragedy, I won’t watch the video, but frankly I’m just numb to these kind of events now. No one will address the elephant in the room about these sort of events, but everyone is going to be blaming guns or white supremacy or any other hotbutton topic media friendly topic and they will ignore the root causes because it isn’t politically expediant to do so.

Multiculturalism only works in a melting pot. Otherwise you might as well be mixing oil and water and the less integrated we are the more violence we will see. This is nothing new, and it isn’t unique to any specific group of humans or time period. These type of attacks are no different from the IRA fighting against the British, Palestinians vs Israelis, Iraqi insurgents versus the coalition forces, Bosnia, Native Americans versus colonists and the list goes on and on throughly human history when you have opposing cultures trying to coexist in the same space.

Every asshole who gets online and makes blanket statements about white people over this event have blood on their hands the next time it happens. Same with assholes who blame Muslims for terrorist attacks when it goes the other way. Keep on stroking that divide and nothing will change.

Last edited:
Top Bottom