• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Massive banwave coming to Reddit soon?

EHuntingon

Gold Member
Jul 30, 2013
Apparently 4chan has set itself to private in order avoid being banned.

What do you think? Reddit was a great replacement for digg for a while, but it is now just as bad as digg was. After 10 years on the site, I’m ready to leave.
Big, if true. The minute Reddit sold out, was the minute it started to die. You can't really trust any of the interactions to be honest, or even real. There's so much vote including the rumored corporate control that goes on behind the scenes to manipulate r/all and r/popular.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Jun 8, 2004
Holy Terra
Honestly, it would be a gift for regular visitors to a lot of subs there. Reddit and its community is largely trash. Those with any amount of know how will just make their own forums the old fashioned way if they really care about maintaining a community. Of course, financing such a thing could be an issue, depending how big the forum got, but a lot of niche ones with moderate traffic should be fine in this day and age.

Edit: Spelling >_<

Last edited:

Weiji

Jul 20, 2018
Man, mad props to the r_thedonald folks for being on top of this and building their own site.

Hope they are ready for cancellation by all major finance companies and to be dropped by cloudflare etc.

If there’s one thing the left hates more then opinions it disagrees with it’s when they try to silence you and fail.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
The Pentagon
Big, if true. The minute Reddit sold out, was the minute it started to die. You can't really trust any of the interactions to be honest, or even real. There's so much vote including the rumored corporate control that goes on behind the scenes to manipulate r/all and r/popular.
all orgs are corruptible, happens most every time unless the leader has heart and stones

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
I don’t think I want to know what “cumtown” was.

Reddit is initially banning about 2000 subreddit groups and users, the vast majority of which are inactive.

• It's also banning the subreddit r/ChapoTrapHouse, a popular channel for left-oriented users, citing the same issues that led to the ban on The_Donald.
  • About 200 of those groups have more than 10 daily users
  • Some of the other subreddits being banned include r/darkhumorandmemes, r/consumeproduct, r/darkjokecentral, r/gendercritical, r/cumtown, r/imgoingtohellforthis2, r/wojak, r/soyboys.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
Man, mad props to the r_thedonald folks for being on top of this and building their own site.

Hope they are ready for cancellation by all major finance companies and to be dropped by cloudflare etc.

If there’s one thing the left hates more then opinions it disagrees with it’s when they try to silence you and fail.
Cloudflare has been pretty decent and really only gotten rid of people who commit crimes - they still protect Kiwi Farms. It will take a lot to get them to kick them.

The rest, though, yeah. . .maybe they can get on 1776 Hosting (Kiwi Farm's owner's hosting and ISP)?

Some of the other subreddits being banned include r/darkhumorandmemes, r/consumeproduct, r/darkjokecentral, r/gendercritical, r/wojak, r/soyboys.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Mar 1, 2017
Honestly any political sub is inevitably just going to devolve into echo chambers that fester misinformation, toxicity and hate. Good riddance :messenger_peace:

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Shaqazooloo

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
There's a HUGE difference between calling all black people a bunch of n-words and saying you don't support rioters and BLM. Tech companies use the "hate-speech" issue without ever really giving us a clear definition of what "hate-speech" is; it makes it easier for them to remove opinions they don't agree with or find "offensive" under that guise.

Last edited:

EHuntingon

Gold Member
Jul 30, 2013
None of this really matters. The Chapo evasion subs are still up, and r/politics is still the same old, same old. Reddit is purging dark humor and nebulous hate subreddits. Soon, it will use this action as a pretense to ban whatever else the media or activists complain about. Reddit is going censor-heavy.

switchback27

Jul 26, 2018
Just keep that shit on 4chan. Reddit is for civilized folks and productive members of society (y)
Reddit is anathema to being a productive member of society lol. I should know--I'm a Redditor.

Although I do find subreddits for my interests pretty useful (MTG, Wrestling, football, scantily clad cosplayers)

Last edited: