• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Massive list of Switch Nindie games [Up: Exclusive content detailed in OP]

RedColumn

What a day of news! Many great surprises in this Nindie Direct :). I'm especially excited with Runner3, Flipping Death, The Escapists 2, Yooka-Laylee and SteamWorld Dig 2.

I got a lot of work to update my site/database with all this new data, but I'm finally over.

Here is a sumary of all the 81 Nindie games that we know so far are coming to Nintendo Switch (well... some of them are a little bit relative if they are still indie games, like minecraft, but I put them anyway):

jq8caSJ.jpg
Here is the list of all of the games (I found a trailer to almost everything, except 2 or 3 of them).

I hope you find it usefull to follow the Nindie games coming ;)

EDIT: if anyone find any mistake, or anything missing, if you can let me know it would be great, so I can keep updating the info for everyone interested, thanks!!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
What a day of news! Many great surprises in this Nindie Direct :). I'm especially excited with Runner 3 and SteamWorld Dig 2.

I got a lot of work to update my site/database with all this new data, but I'm finally over.

Here is a sumary of all the 81 Nindie games that we know so far are coming to Nintendo Switch (well... some of them are a little bit relative if they are still indie games, like minecraft, but I put them anyway):

Here is the list of all of the games (I found a trailer to almost everything, except 2 or 3 of them).

Thanks for the roundup

HunteronX

Banned
What a day of news! Many great surprises in this Nindie Direct :). I'm especially excited with Runner3, Flipping Death, The Escapists 2, Yooka-Laylee and SteamWorld Dig 2.

EDIT: if anyone find any mistake, or anything missing, if you can let me know it would be great, so I can keep updating the info for everyone interested, thanks!!

Wow. Thanks very much for this, RedColumn!

@MUWANdo

Banned
Well, such a strategy will only work if the 3rd parties/indies, you are making room for, actually jump into that gap and make use of it. It did not happen on 3DS, and it backfired. Seems to me the Nindies aren't as reluctant and we gettign a ton fo them pretty soon after launch.
Now we get to see if the strategy pays off I guess.

It didn't happen on 3DS because indies overwhelmingly rely on middleware engines like Unity, Unreal, Game Maker, Monogame/XNA, etc and 3DS barely supports any of them.

Branduil

Yeah, the 3DS was simply too weak to get the vast majority of indie titles. The Switch is far more powerful than the Vita, so it has no such weaknesses in obtaining similar or better indie support.

Nanashrew

Banned

Kingdom: Two Crowns trailer on the site links to the Dandara trailer.

Looking at the huge list it's pretty clear how easy it is to port to this console. Many of these studios will not have mega resources, so it's testament to how developer, or at least indie developer, friendly it is.

RedColumn

You're more than welcome! Its a pleasure to help to make it easier for other people to know more about Nindies ;)

Kingdom: Two Crowns trailer on the site links to the Dandara trailer.
Fixed. Thanks!

The only missing trailers are "Away: Journey of the Unexpected" and "NBA Playgrounds". I couldnt find anything about those two games.

Also, "Unbox: Newbie's Adventure", I only got the trailer from "Unbox"... "Newbie's Adventure" a new side game or just a special edition? I saw that PS4 have that same edition.

Zubz

Banned
Yo, Duck Game is coming to the Switch? That's one of my all-time favorite free-for all games out there, & now it's on a system with Bomberman, Mario Kart, & Smash. It's going to suck not having my mods for stuff like the Abobo hat or the poison grenade, but an 8-Player mode can make me go back on my plan to wait a few months.

There're, like, 8 games here I'd double-dip on, plus Thumper & Runner3.

EDIT: ... How did I miss the Jackbox Party Pack? Make that 9 games, then.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Chucklefish should do a retail compilation of multiple games for $60 bucks, including a download code for each game.

NolbertoS

I love the indie support on the Switch, but where the heck is the SNES, N64, GC Virtual console support too. Nintendo would kill with all digital titles. Tempted to buy a 200GB SD card, but might settle for a smaller one first and hope a 512GB card comes out in a year or two.

rockx4

Impressive list, more than I expected and a lot are releasing very soon. I'm hoping more make it though, like Cosmic Star Heroine, which I would prefer on Switch for the portability.

RedColumn

Shovel Knight in all its various forms (Shovel of Hope/original game, Plague of Shadows campaign, Specter of Torment campaign, and Treasure Trove/season pass) is multiplatform for all of Switch, Wii U, and 3DS.

There's no decent fix for this given your format considering the awkward situation the game is in now, where the rebranding hasn't happened yet, but what's on sale right now on Wii U and 3DS is what will become Treasure Trove. The regular price will increase to $24.99 around that time.

Thanks! What I have in mind, is that im having two Shovel Knight at the moment (old version and Trove new version). Once the Wii U and 3DS make the upgrade, I will remove the old one that is just called Shovel Knight.

About the Shovel of Hope, Im not sure about this still. Have they confirm this as standalone game? On the website says "Price: Available as a free update with Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove" which make me thing that this is only comming with the Bundle Treasure Trove but not alone...
although I just saw that Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows say the same thing....
has actually Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows been confirmed to standalone in the future? I only can find thing link:
http://yachtclubgames.com/2017/01/switch-up/ where it only confirm 2 stand alone games: Treasure and Specter.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I love the indie support on the Switch, but where the heck is the SNES, N64, GC Virtual console support too. Nintendo would kill with all digital titles. Tempted to buy a 200GB SD card, but might settle for a smaller one first and hope a 512GB card comes out in a year or two.
It'll come when It comes, which will be sometime this year, but this is a thread about indie games

Dremorak

Banned

3ds and wiiu never launched with it either, (did wii even??) They will come eventually.

mlclmtckr

Banned
I went and looked at trailers for the games that didn't have footage in the Direct. A lot of them look really promising!

Especially interested in NeuroVoider, Duck Game, Rive, Space Dave, TJ&E and Zombie Vikings.

Pretty sure Wii did. Though I didn't even connect my Wii to the internet until like February 2007 so I may be mistaken.

Yes, Wii had VC at launch. In NA, there were 12 games (Solomon's Key, Mario Bros., Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda, Pinball, Soccer, Wario's Woods, F-Zero, SimCity, Super Mario 64, Altered Beast, Sonic the Hedgehog). There was like 30 in Japan if I remember right.

Nanashrew

Banned
Wii launched with VC.

Wii U came out in November 2012 and VC soft launched on January 2013. VC fully launched in April 2013.

3DS launched in February in Japan, March everywhere else in 2011. VC officially launched in June of 2011.

Biggest surprise for me was Pocket Rumble... I hope it's included in my Kickstarter backing

I still have my NGPC. I hadn't heard of Pocket Rumble. So it was even a bigger surprise for me.

Pocket Rumble and Blaster Master Zero are my two must buys.

watershed

Banned
I'm glad Nintendo is doing the work and spending the money to make sure there are a lot of different indie games on the Switch. They've got great coverage across styles and genres with that massive list. For me, someone who plays maybe 4 or 5 retail games a year, a good stream of quality indie games is more than enough to fill the gaps enjoyably.

Battle Princess Madelyne is also coming to Switch I see. Its that GnG like indie game.

I hope Nuclear Throne, Bloodstained, Indivisible, and Axiom Verge make it to Switch.

I really think its a matter of time until they do though

If Rocket League comes to Switch, this will instantly become my most played platform. I mean, could you imagine bouncing between Zelda, Thumper, Rocket League, Mario Kart and Splatoon while you're commuting to work?

Holy fuck, man. Nintendo is impressing me with their commitment to bringing quality titles to the platform right out of the gate.

Dremorak

Banned
If Rocket League comes to Switch, this will instantly become my most played platform. I mean, could you imagine bouncing between Zelda, Thumper, Rocket League, Mario Kart and Splatoon while you're commuting to work?

Holy fuck, man. Nintendo is impressing me with their commitment to bringing quality titles to the platform right out of the gate.

I would be super bummed if it didnt come to switch. That, nidhogg and gang beasts are my most wanted indies for switch atm

Cindro

Imagine if Nintendo nails the VC on this thing.

First party output has been leagues above the competition for me since the Wii U era, so combine that with nearly every past Nintendo system + this crazy indie support, and that would be way more than enough to solidify Switch as one of the GOATs.

This is an excellent time to be alive for Nintendo fans.

Enter the Gungeon is an instabuy. I really enjoyed it on PS4 but didn't play it as much as I'd have liked to. Being able to play it on the go is definitely a huge plus.

psyfi

Banned
Imagine if Nintendo nails the VC on this thing.
This is a topic for another thread really, but I have a hunch Nintendo is cooking up something special for the VC. I think they're going to go above and beyond past iterations.

jariw

Looking at the huge list it's pretty clear how easy it is to port to this console. Many of these studios will not have mega resources, so it's testament to how developer, or at least indie developer, friendly it is.

Absolutely.

BTW, does anyone have a link to the articles about Nintendo's own claims regarding resources for small studios to port to Switch? It was (counted in man hours) something like 16 times faster development time than to the Wii U and 18 times faster development time than the the 3DS, IIRC? I can't find those figures now.

sknygy

Neo Member

Did some research into NBA Playgrounds... developer is Sabre Interactive

Top Bottom