• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Massive Skyrim mod Falskaar available on Xbox One

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I'm really hoping the mod situation changes on PS4. Because...there's no real mods on PS4. The selection is pathetic. Basically glorified console commands. But I'm happy for X1 owners. I'm sure their mod scene will be very healthy. This is a huge get as far as "console" mods go. Really cool stuff.

Corpekata

Banned
"-Important- Bethesda.net does not support the video outro that was made to go along with the story so you may be confused upon beating the main quest. It's on youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwxZ4E3ayoQ"

LOL. That is some jerryrigged shit there. But hey, at least it is there.

gossi

"-Important- Bethesda.net does not support the video outro that was made to go along with the story so you may be confused upon beating the main quest. It's on youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwxZ4E3ayoQ"

LOL. That is some jerryrigged shit there. But hey, at least it is there.

Ha. It takes about 25 hours or so to complete the main quest, so I imagine many people won't notice. I was always confused why they used a video.

Crayon

I'm really hoping the mod situation changes on PS4. Because...there's no real mods on PS4. The selection is pathetic. Basically glorified console commands. But I'm happy for X1 owners. I'm sure their mod scene will be very healthy. This is a huge get as far as "console" mods go. Really cool stuff.

I'm really impressed by the mod compatibility on the xbox. If both had restricted it, I would have believed that there was some good reason why. But here we are....

The mod selection on ps4 might be kind of cool one day, with many functional if unspectacular mods. Bus as of now, it's just sad. It's like not even scraps. Funny enough, it's satisfactory for my so, who wants nothing but carry weight lifted.

Hopefully some of the other quest mods make it. Falskaar is very ambitious but there's several quest mods with stronger narratives IMO

May need to check this out. There are other quest mods which add new areas.

I think I downloaded one in fallout4 (Ipswich) but could never find how to start it.

Mods on Skyrim aew slowly coming through, its amazing what the Xbox can do mod wise especially the Wet and Cold mod.

I hope Sony and Bethesda sort the mods out on ps4 because everyone should get the chance to play all mods.

(Still waiting on hair mod)

Fantastic news.

What's the mod limit again on XB1? It's 2GB, right?

I guess it'll be more than enough for lots of expansion mods. If you hit the cap, you can always delete the other one. Finish the expansion mods one by one and the mod size limit shouldn't be an obstacle.

novabolt

Fantastic news.

I guess it'll be more than enough for lots of expansion mods. If you hit the cap, you can always delete the other one. Finish the expansion mods one by one and the mod size limit shouldn't be an obstacle.

5GB now.

Walshicus

May need to check this out. There are other quest mods which add new areas.

I think I downloaded one in fallout4 (Ipswich) but could never find how to start it.

Mods on Skyrim aew slowly coming through, its amazing what the Xbox can do mod wise especially the Wet and Cold mod.

I hope Sony and Bethesda sort the mods out on ps4 because everyone should get the chance to play all mods.

(Still waiting on hair mod)

Ipswich....? As in Ipswich, Suffolk?

So is the ps4 thing a hardware limitation or policy and firmware limitation?

Could it be resolved by ps4 pro or a firmware update?

I'd like to try skyrim sometime because I've never played but I prefer trophies and playing on ps4.

Corpekata

Banned
So it's not impossible. Maybe they can work on a fix, since originally there were going to be no mods at all.

It's not about working on a fix, it's about agreeing to what Bethesda wants. So it is possible, but it isn't likely to be one resolved via technical solutions.

JoeNut

This shit is why there's just no possible way i would entertain buying it on ps4. I put at least 200 hours into the OG game and would love to get these crazy mods and do it all again, but i can't afford a xbone s just for one game.

What a shame Sony screwed us all over.

Zexen

Fantastic news.

Given the nature of several big mods (like Falskaar), you don't want to delete them in the middle of a game. Corrupted scripts are around the corner, so are corrupted saves.

The good thing with Falskaar is that you can simply install it, start a fresh new game, go directly to Riften and begins your adventure without suffering from any level obstacle. Then once you're good, delete it and go back to your "normal" game if you want to save space.

gossi

Not sure how many people have played this mod, but if you haven't before, you totally should. It's surprisingly great. It's bigger than any of the official DLC.

I was so excited when I found out this morning! I downloaded it on the computer for OG Skyrim but never got a chance to play it due to the computer acting up. But now that it's in the Xbox One my fears have been put away!

TissueBox

Enderal's next!

...in 'bout 3 years, that is, muuahahaha..!! >_<

That aside hope the X-One players enjoy Falskaar.

This mod is essentially an unofficial expansion pack. It's a massive area with lots of places to explore and side quests and a lengthy main story.

And all fully voiced with high quality recordings.

It very much feels like an official addition to the game.

tbh, I liked this mod more than the official expansions to the game.

The Forgotten City is another fantastic expansion pack sized mod. And probably my favorite quest in all of Skyrim. Hopefully that gets to consoles eventually.

Ryzaki009

This mod is essentially an unofficial expansion pack. It's a massive area with lots of places to explore and side quests and a lengthy main story.

And all fully voiced with high quality recordings.

It very much feels like an official addition to the game.

tbh, I liked this mod more than the official expansions to the game.

The Forgotten City is another fantastic expansion pack sized mod. And probably my favorite quest in all of Skyrim. Hopefully that gets to consoles eventually.

? Forgotten City is on Xbox.

Here you go.

Dominator

I haven't gotten the game on my One yet (waiting for a sale), but do the mods take up a large amount of GB's? I'd imagine they do if it's as expansive as this one. Just wanna know what I'm gonna be looking at here lol

Forgotten City is very, very good if any Xbox owners are intrested.

Hopefully Helgen Reborn is ported over - that's quite a fun mod too.

Top Bottom