• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Matt-IGN: No Kid Icarus tomorrow

NewLib

Banned
yoopoo said:
He did....over and over again on his podcast.

I remember he confirmed Kid Icarus over and over again, but I know the past few weeks he had been much more tempered in his predictions of it being at E3.

papercut

Xeke said:
Whatever, he was right about Halo DS, I'm sure he knows something.

Needs to be repeated.

The game obviously exists. However, whether or not it's shown at E3 has NOTHING to do with Matt.

Probably Factor 5 (or whoever) told him that they're going to have it ready for the show and for some reason or another it just didn't happen.

Put down your pitchforks.

lostzenfound

I second the motion ... Someone please remove the name Cassamassina from GAF. Asterisk that shit out already. I don't care if it is still coming eventually, there's only so much one can take.

NewLib said:
I dont believe he ever claimed it WOULD be at E3 just that it existed and there was a good chance that Factor 5 would show it off.

Perhaps you need to listen to one of the IGN Wii podcasts...ANY WEEK IN THE LAST COUPLE MONTHS will do

Nicktals

Banned
Um...He's been dropping pretty heavy hints that he wasn't sure if it would be shown at E3 or not. He doesn't typically get info like that from Nintendo of Japan, which makes me think it's definitely an American dev, and is definitely happening.

I absolutely believe we'll get a Kid Icarus game for Wii.

rakka

lostzenfound said:
I second the motion ... Someone please remove the name Cassamassina from GAF. Asterisk that shit out already. I don't care if it is still coming eventually, there's only so much one can take.
that'd probably require censoring all words starting with C and ending with A.

traveler

Not Wario
Thank God. An Icarus announcement tomorrow would mean Nintendo would feel it less necessary to show off other, more potentially important IPs for the hardcore. (Zelda, Pikmin, F-Zero, a brand new *gasp* IP, etc.)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
traveler said:
Thank God. An Icarus announcement tomorrow would mean Nintendo would feel it less necessary to show off other, more important potentially IPs for the hardcore. (Zelda, Pikmin, F-Zero, a brand new *gasp* IP, etc.)

Agree completely. I actually feel better about tomorrow now!

Nicktals said:
Um...He's been dropping pretty heavy hints that he wasn't sure if it would be shown at E3 or not. He doesn't typically get info like that from Nintendo of Japan, which makes me think it's definitely an American dev, and is definitely happening.

I absolutely believe we'll get a Kid Icarus game for Wii.

To be fair to Matt, you're right.

This makes me trust Kagari more, though.

bdouble

Not really expecting to see that anyways. Just want to know what Retro, F5 and a bunch of other studios at Nintendo are doing.

traveler said:
Thank God. An Icarus announcement tomorrow would mean Nintendo would feel it less necessary to show off other, more potentially important IPs for the hardcore. (Zelda, Pikmin, F-Zero, a brand new *gasp* IP, etc.)
yeah I agree. I really want to see Pikmin.

radcliff

Didn't Julian from Factor 5 say their Wii title was casual and could be played with the Wiimote only? Doesn't sound like a good description of an action/platformer anyway.

Nicktals

Banned
Zoramon089 said:
Perhaps you need to listen to one of the IGN Wii podcasts...ANY WEEK IN THE LAST COUPLE MONTHS will do

No, I think you do. For the last few weeks he's been saying he wasn't sure if it'd show at E3 or not. And I'm not sure if he EVER said that he knew it'd be at E3, just that he knew it was being developed and that we'll see it.

Linkhero1

traveler said:
Thank God. An Icarus announcement tomorrow would mean Nintendo would feel it less necessary to show off other, more important potentially IPs for the hardcore. (Zelda, Pikmin, F-Zero, a brand new *gasp* IP, etc.)
That's exactly how I felt.

traveler said:
That's...pretty much how I feel actually. Let's hope you're right...

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
eh, a little disappointing, but i can deal. it's probably due for after the Holiday season at this point, so there's no point in showing it off just yet. can't wait to see what they DO have though...

Shocking. Who could have seen this coming?

You'd think that twenty some years of a precedent and this guy's tendency to talk out his ass would make people a little more skeptical.

doomed1 said:
eh, a little disappointing, but i can deal. it's probably due for after the Holiday season at this point, so there's no point in showing it off just yet. can't wait to see what they DO have though...

It's due for never man. Because it's not being made.

god i can't stand how the icarus thing comes up every year. sad thing is, people will make the same goddam prediction next year, and the next, and the next

fernoca

Shocking..but who knows.. :p
He was still clueless about the existence of Twilight Princess..among other things..so in the end is like someone said: Matt is like a normal GAF poster..claiming to have sources and info..only that he gets paid for it. :p

Johnas

Well, it's down to Pikmin 3 and Zelda then.

If I don't see either one of those, total disappointment unless something really shocking happens.

NewLib

Banned
fernoca said:
He was still clueless about the existence of Twilight Princess..among other things..so in the end is like someone said: Matt is like a normal GAF poster..claiming to have sources and info..only that he gets paid for it. :p

Uh wasnt he the one who basically told us Realistic Zelda was coming the night before E3 in 2004?

MisterHero

fernoca said:
But but he's "banging" a "nintendo employee"

pulga

Banned
Big Icarus said:
Shocking. Who could have seen this coming?

You'd think that twenty some years of a precedent and this guy's tendency to talk out his ass would make people a little more skeptical.

It's due for never man. Because it's not being made.

Ye of little faith, you probably thought his Halo DS crap was bullshit as well.

Trust the man, he has his sources. Man Icarus is coming courtesy of Factor 5. I'd be willing to even place one of those stupid ass ban bets on it.

drohne said:
a year from now he's going to show us footage of a unsolicited concept from some random third-party developer. and this is probably for the best

Matt has been guilty of hyping some stuff too much, but he never suggested that Halo DS was anything more than that. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Top Bottom