• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Matt-IGN: No Kid Icarus tomorrow

andthebeatgoeson

Matt vs sp.0ng? Fight!

He's fuckin the Queen's daughter, he can't get his bullshit right? I'm fuckin cancelling my subscription...wait, I did that a year ago, when I realized how much shit they shovel.

OMG Conduit=Red Steel 2. Who gives a shit?

I honestly don't see why anyone cares about a new Kid Icarus game. How would it possibly be anything like the old game? We're talking about 4 generations of gaming between the old one and a potential new one. Same thing with the obsession over Punch-Out.

laserbeam

Banned
GodfatherX said:
you guys still gave matt credibility?

i stopped after i found out about his significant other working in the NOA office

She doesnt work for NOA directly. She is an Executive with the PR firm Nintendo uses.

fernoca

NewLib said:
Uh wasnt he the one who basically told us Realistic Zelda was coming the night before E3 in 2004?
He teased at it, but he admitted being surprised by the actual announcement..
Before that, he was just basically saying what..well, everyone else was saying "Oh Nintendo did that mature Zelda demo for Spaceworld, so they must use it for something"..

fernoca

The ironic thing is that IF ..for some reason a new Kid Icarus is revealed tomorrow (or like Brawl during the actual convention); everyone will be like "Matt redeemed" and things like that.. :p

Game-Biz

FutureZombie said:
I honestly don't see why anyone cares about a new Kid Icarus game. How would it possibly be anything like the old game? We're talking about 4 generations of gaming between the old one and a potential new one. Same thing with the obsession over Punch-Out.

effzee

mwgiii said:
So who exactly does the mob at NeoGAF like in game journalism?

i don't know. i guess no one.

i don't get the matt hate really. he does have insider info obviously but that doesnt mean he will get it right 100% of the time. i seriously doubt he was just saying it will show up this whole time.

and the realistic zelda...he showed a pic of it on the board the night before no?

MisterHero

FutureZombie said:
Metroid Prime was pretty hot stuff.

And I just want a Nintendo-made full-fledged successor to WiiBoxing. :D

I think it's gonna be hard if not impossible for Nintendo to win with anyone tomm. I just don't see them bringing it....(please prove me wrong Ninty)

FutureZombie said:
Because Punch-Out!! is a great game that is fun to play to this day. And Nintendo released a two-handed motion controller.

Kid Icarus I have less interest in, but at least it's something outside the norm of Zelda, Mario, Metroid.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
mwgiii said:

The mob doesn't like people who are wrong

For instance, GAF hates Shane just as much because he said FFXIII would not be coming to 360

Comprende?

FutureZombie said:

I can get the first part of the statement, but how in the world does that apply to Punch-Out!!? It had two arcade releases and two console releases, and it's not like a game that would not transfer well to current-gen.

DuckRacer

mwgiii said:
Um, universally? Jeff Green and that's about it. I'd mention N'Gai but there's people here who hate him for being too intellectual.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
MikeE21286 said:
I think it's gonna be hard if not impossible for Nintendo to win with anyone tomm. I just don't see them bringing it....(please prove me wrong Ninty)

They already won bigtime with a lot of people before MSFT's conference today :p

FoneBone

papercut said:
Needs to be repeated.

The game obviously exists. However, whether or not it's shown at E3 has NOTHING to do with Matt.

Probably Factor 5 (or whoever) told him that they're going to have it ready for the show and for some reason or another it just didn't happen.

Put down your pitchforks.

overreaction am total.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ooh that means Zelda went up in probability. Though I am a bit disappointed, I was a KI fan before he was announced for Brawl...

Stumpokapow said:
They already won bigtime with a lot of people before MSFT's conference today :p

That may be true that lots of fans got excited (me included) about the possibilities of 1:1 wii-mote games........but that alone does not top MS's press conference in my eyes, not close.

Matt deserves more respect than this from Nintendo-GAF
at least he is one of the few sources who drops good hints about what is coming down the line

sheesh

Smiles and Cries said:
at least he is one of the few sources who drops good hints about what is coming down the line

sheesh
He did hint at Twilight Princess the night before the 2004 press conference. Regardless, he built this up big and he has a history of hinting at stuff that just never materializes. He should restrain himself more.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
fernoca said:
Shocking..but who knows.. :p
He was still clueless about the existence of Twilight Princess..among other things..so in the end is like someone said: Matt is like a normal GAF poster..claiming to have sources and info..only that he gets paid for it. :p

Huh? He knew about Twilight Princess before it was shown at E3 2004. He knew about Metroid Prime 3. He knew about Halo DS. And I'm quite confident that this is real.

God, the crow some people are gonna eat the day Icarus is revealed...

Well this is somewhat diss-hearting. . . I was looking forward to seeing the new KI in full 3D and what not.

But, as its been said, I think this could be a good thing. . .opens up room for another biggy title to be focused on or shown (Wii Zelda with 1:1/ Star Fox/ F-Zero/ etc etc).

. . . Or he could just be lieing to add to the shock of the big reveal. Either way Im looking forward to seeing w/e Nintendo has after what happened today.

koam

Smiles and Cries said:

sheesh

Let's see:

He predicted KI every single E3 and has always been wrong
He announced that factor 5 was working on a RS trilogy for the Xbox
He announced that factor 5 cancelled the whole project

It's more like he's taking guesses and is always wrong. The stuff he does know about he can't talk about sooo..

Tenbatsu

GamerGeorge said:
Yeah, it seems like the time is right for at least an announcement regarding a new console Zelda.
2 years after TP, make an announcement, release date 2009/2010, about time.

Big Icarus said:
You seriously shouldn't be. This year is waaaaaaay too early for a new Zelda announcement.
Uh, Wind Waker was released in the US in march 2003 and Twilight Princess shown in may 2004... that's only a bit over a year. It's not without precedent.

fernoca

Andrex said:
Huh? He knew about Twilight Princess before it was shown at E3 2004. He knew about Metroid Prime 3. He knew about Halo DS. And I'm quite confident that this is real.

God, the crow some people are gonna eat the day Icarus is revealed...
What crow?
Quote me were I said that Icarus is never going to be revealed, heck..for all we know it could be revealed the following day..just like how everyone was criying because Smash Bros. wasn't at E3, and the following day..BAM..Brawl is revealed..with Solid Snake on it.

I'm not "Matt hater" but some people act as if either Matt had their first born and therefore own their lives to him, or the opposoite..as if he killed their firstborn and then ate the head..when in the ned, he's just a guy that works in game journalism, play videogames, gets scoops among other things..

Top Bottom