• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Matt-IGN: No Kid Icarus tomorrow

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
JohnTinker said:
Its usually the night before

Ah, someone said the other thing. Thanks for the correction.

Maybe this is the hot or not thread, just in reverse?

wsippel

Banned
Isn't Kuju London working on two more (Wii?) games for Nintendo for years now? At least that's what their website says. And what's Fuse up to? Or Monster? Nintendo should have a lot to announce...

Wasn't Matt pretty much "100% certain" of this? This guy's a fucking joke. I could care less what Nintendo announces or doesn't announce, but how does this guy have any credibility left? He does this shit all the time "HAY GUYS THIS TOTALLY RAD GAME IS GONNA BE SHOWN OH WAIT I WAS WRONG AGAIN".

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
StrikerObi said:
Wasn't Matt pretty much "100% certain" of this? This guy's a fucking joke. I could care less what Nintendo announces or doesn't announce, but how does this guy have any credibility left? He does this shit all the time "HAY GUYS THIS TOTALLY RAD GAME IS GONNA BE SHOWN OH WAIT I WAS WRONG AGAIN".

Halo DS?

eznark

Banned
hilarious. I was just listening to a podcast yesterday where they hoped Kid Icarus wouldn't be revealed just so Cassmassina and IGN would look moronic.

Wish granted?

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I think Matt shot his credibility years ago, the guy isn't fully reliable.

However, it would be hilarious if he did this as a red herring. Say it shows up... then he goes

"SEE, I told you so! Believe!"

Then everyone raises him as a prophet on the mount rather than a prophet on a cross.

But yeah... he's a schmuck.

Haunted

duckroll said:
Nothing's going to blow up in his face. He does this every year with a different subject. I'm surprised anyone still gives a shit. :p
Pretty much.

I'm curious to see Kid Icarus, but I don't give a fuck what Matt IGN says.

StrikerObi said:
So you do care.

Frillen

StrikerObi said:

caring.png

Anyway, I've tagged this thread, because I predict that a lot of people in here will eat crow in just a few months.

LiK

timetokill said:
According to the IGN boards:

"Uh-oh. Looks like we're going to have to wait a little longer than E3 to see the kid fly again. Not too long, though, hopefully.

Matt"

So adjust your hopes for tomorrow accordingly :D

liar, it'll be shown at the end, i bet :)

Crescendo170 said:
Has he stated straight up that Kid Icarus would be at E3 or did he just say that he believed it would be at E3? I listen to the podcasts once in awhile and can't recall him saying it was fact. Correct me so I can join the lynch-mob.

Crescendo170 said:
Has he stated straight up that Kid Icarus would be at E3 or did he just say that he believed it would be at E3? I listen to the podcasts once in awhile and can't recall him saying it was fact. Correct me so I can join the lynch-mob.

I always listen to the Wiik In Review / Voice Chat but I don't recall him ever declaring that it will be at the show, rather he seemed to assume it would based on the game's definite existence. It never was a matter of Kid Icarus definitely being there as much as it was a matter of him feeling it was inevitable that it would be there.

So that's why I'm not at all bothered by his assumption being wrong. It doesn't mean the game is non-existent, it doesn't mean Matt was feeding lies to create faux interest, it probably just means that the game exists but they've opted not to show it. Big deal.

Toy Soldier said:
I always listen to the Wiik In Review / Voice Chat but I don't recall him ever declaring that it will be at the show, rather he seemed to assume it would based on the game's definite existence.

So that's why I'm not at all bothered by his assumption being wrong. It doesn't mean the game is non-existent, it doesn't mean Matt was feeding lies to create faux interest, it probably just means that the game exists but they've opted not to show it. Big deal.
Thank you for confirming my suspision. If there is no Icarus in development at all, then he would've fucked himself big time. As it stands right now, I don't think he has screwed up at all. NeoGAF loves to hate though, thats for sure.

gabe90

Father_Brain said:
:lol Damn, GAF really wants reasons to hate Matt, whether it's rational or not.
No kidding! Though I love GAF most of the time for all the funny, sometimes it's just a bunch of mean people.

For all the knowledge about videogames here, people sometimes just ignore the facts.

Matt is asked questions about upcoming unannounced games. He tells us what he knows. I am grateful for that.

I've found him to be very reliable. Even about Halo DS. What's the problem? Think for yourselves GAF. Stop ganging up on a key industry insider (and arguably the father of modern videogame journalism - for better or worse) just because you're bored waiting for the next conference.

I am confident that either Kid Icarus is still coming, or an industry insider leaked a story too soon. Either way, Matt is a messenger who I'm grateful for.

gabe90

Toy Soldier said:
I always listen to the Wiik In Review / Voice Chat but I don't recall him ever declaring that it will be at the show, rather he seemed to assume it would based on the game's definite existence. It never was a matter of Kid Icarus definitely being there as much as it was a matter of him feeling it was inevitable that it would be there.

QFT. I should have just waited to quote this rather than ranting myself.

Crescendo170 said:
Thank you for confirming my suspision. If there is no Icarus in development at all, then he would've fucked himself big time.

Exactly, which is why I seriously doubt he'd willingly go down this road again ("LOL Matt is full of shit about _____!"). The game most likely exists, I'd be shocked if it doesn't. So that being said, there's really no room to shit on this guy.

As it stands right now, I don't think he has screwed up at all.

He hasn't, and it's a shame to see him dragged through the dirt just because a game isn't being shown at E3...despite his (as far as I know/remember) never declaring it definitely being present at the show.

agrajag

Banned
It's funny that all these people who were saying they don't want Kid Icarus on Wii are now throwing a tantrum because it won't be at E3.

rhino4evr

say what you will about Matt, but it's no lie that he has his ears very close to Nintendo sources. He has broken and spoke about stuff that no other site has reported. He wouldn't lie about Kid Icarus. It's most likely in development, but Nintendo decided last minute not to show it. This happens ALL the time. Matt was the first to break the news of a more realistic Zelda, along with other things..like Halo Ds (which was laughed at, over and over again, and was true all along)

Also, Im pretty sure Quarterman (Shane?) reports tons of stuff that never comes true on a monthly basis in EGM, but people LOVE to hear what the rumor sections says every month. Whatever happened to that DS Earthbound Trilogy? :lol

loosus

Banned
agrajag said:
It's funny that all these people who were saying they don't want Kid Icarus on Wii are now throwing a tantrum because it won't be at E3.
Really? And who would those people be specifically?

rhino4evr said:
say what you will about Matt, but it's no lie that he has his ears very close to Nintendo sources. He has broken and spoke about stuff that no other site has reported. He wouldn't lie about Kid Icarus. It's most likely in development, but Nintendo decided last minute not to show it. This happens ALL the time. Matt was the first to break the news of a more realistic Zelda, along with other things..like Halo Ds (which was laughed at, over and over again, and was true all along)

Also, Im pretty sure Quarterman (Shane?) reports tons of stuff that never comes true on a monthly basis in EGM, but people LOVE to hear what the rumor sections says every month. Whatever happened to that DS Earthbound Trilogy? :lol

Kid Icarus is like Mario 128

rhino4evr

agrajag said:
Are you serious? 90% of GAF trolls Kid Icarus.

Well in all fairness it's probably one of the weakest 1st party NES games that Nintendo put out. At least compared to the big guns. At the same time, it probably has the most potential to be an excellent remade title. I'm sure we'll see it someday.

NEO Frog

Banned
Kinda sucks! I thought this was gonna be one of the "core" titles shown.

I'm also surprised Rygar is not being shown by Tecmo.

Now if Ninty showed Metroid Prime Hunters with online play I would be pleased!

NEO Frog said:
Kinda sucks! I thought this was gonna be one of the "core" titles shown.

I'm also surprised Rygar is not being shown by Tecmo.

Now if Ninty showed Metroid Prime Hunters with online play I would be pleased!
Rygar is just a slightly enhanced port of the PS2 game that came out a few years ago. If that made it into the press conference in any meaningful way I'd have to seriously question Nintendo's judgement.

NEO Frog

Banned
AndoCalrissian said:
Rygar is just a slightly enhanced port of the PS2 game that came out a few years ago.
If it is just a port, then why is it taking 2-3 years to release? I mean Tecmo is not showing it period. I actually liked the PS2 game. I wish they would put the original on VC.

pewye

Banned
gabe90 said:
No kidding! Though I love GAF most of the time for all the funny, sometimes it's just a bunch of mean people.

For all the knowledge about videogames here, people sometimes just ignore the facts.

Matt is asked questions about upcoming unannounced games. He tells us what he knows. I am grateful for that.

I've found him to be very reliable. Even about Halo DS. What's the problem? Think for yourselves GAF. Stop ganging up on a key industry insider (and arguably the father of modern videogame journalism - for better or worse) just because you're bored waiting for the next conference.

I am confident that either Kid Icarus is still coming, or an industry insider leaked a story too soon. Either way, Matt is a messenger who I'm grateful for.

WHAT

AndoCalrissian said:
Rygar is just a slightly enhanced port of the PS2 game that came out a few years ago. If that made it into the press conference in any meaningful way I'd have to seriously question Nintendo's judgement.

Rygar has been delayed indefinitely, AFAIK. Most likely, it's either been cancelled or it's being turned into an original game; either way, Tecmo at least realized that a port of a 2002 PS2 game wouldn't cut it.

witness

So what is the game for the "hardcore" thats coming out this year that Reggie promised? I hope he didn't mean Animal Crossing......

witness said:
So what is the game for the "hardcore" thats coming out this year that Reggie promised? I hope he didn't mean Animal Crossing......

It would be great news if AC is there since it does have a lot of appeal a nice chunk of the hardcore crowd, but yeah, I do hope it's something new...so really it could be any number of games. The possibilities are endless, we'll find out in due time.

yoopoo

Banned
yoopoo said:
I'd assume Nintendo's big holiday game is Animal Crossing.
Thank you.

Now to find the thread with the MS points bet where I claimed no big 3rd party game will be announced for Wii this E3 :D

lupin23rd

witness said:

Probably Punch-Out? Although I'm surprised that didn't show up at the show either...

lupin23rd said:
Probably Punch-Out? Although I'm surprised that didn't show up at the show either...

Didn't Miyamoto say that hardcore games would announced outside of E3?

IIRC, Punch-Out!! was going to be revealed in a mag, not at E3.

Top Bottom