• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May 2017 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes Tuesday, June 6th

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
In case you're interested here's the current state of Amazon.com's hourly Top 100 as of 16:09 GMT, June 14th, 2017, per platform. A way to gauge the reactions of customers after all the conferences.

Switch

Super Mario Odyssey - 2nd
Arms - 5th
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle - 8th
Metroid Prime 4 - 10th
Splatoon - 18th
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 20th
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 21st
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - 22nd
Pokken Tournament DX - 27th
Kirby - 30th
Yoshi - 31st
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 55th
Rocket League (?!?*) - 78th

*=no retail version has officially been announced yet, and it's priced 59.99

PS4

Horizon: Zero Dawn - 7th
Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy - 11th
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - 32nd
Spider-Man - 37th
Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus (CE) - 44th
Kingdom Hearts I.5 + II.5 ReMix - 46th
Destiny 2 - 48th
Assassin's Creed: Origins Gold Edition - 53rd
Call of Duty: WWII - 54th
God of War - 60th
Monster Hunter World - 61st
Tekken 7 - 64th
Assassin's Creed: Origins - 65th
GTAV - 68th
Watch_Dogs 2 - 70th
Nioh - 72nd
Dragon Ball Fighters Z - 73rd
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - 75th
The Evil Within 2 - 77th
Days Gone - 79th
Shadow of the Colossus - 80th
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - 82nd
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - 83rd
Assassin's Creed: Origins Deluxe Edition - 92nd
Ghost Recon: Wildlands - 98th

Xbox One

Assassin's Creed: Origins Gods Collector Edition - 58th
Forza Motorsport 7: Ultimate Edition - 63rd
GTAV - 67th
Call of Duty: WWII - 88th
Assassin's Creed: Origins Gold Edition - 96th
Destiny 2 - 100th

Welfare

https://venturebeat.com/2017/06/19/...es-out-on-top-as-nintendo-games-keep-selling/

Injustice 2
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe*
Grand Theft Auto V
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
Prey*
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia*
NBA 2K17
MLB 17: The Show
Overwatch**
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege
Horizon Zero Dawn
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
Mass Effect Andromeda
Farpoint
Battlefield 1
Nier: Automata
Minecraft
FIFA 17
*No digital sales
*No digital sales from Blizzard's PC app

"Total video game spending in May 2017, which includes hardware, software and accessories, fell 11 percent versus year ago to $542 million," NPD analyst Mat Piscatella said in a statement. ”Spending growth in hardware and accessories was offset by a decline in software spending driven by a lighter new release slate when compared to May 2016."

PS4 #1 HW https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/876933947804069890

Ashtar

I'd better get to work.

fe7.gif

edit: in the time it took me to find the gif the list was posted smh

Elandyll

Banned
I remember someone saying HZD was going to have terrible legs, be off the top 20 in May and basically drop off the face of the Earth.

Guess not :). (and that's before the $40 promo price which seems to have worked wonders in June).

As per Hw...
Nintendo failing hard on supplying stocks.
Have we seen much bigger supplies around Arms launch?

Edit: Dang it, forgot to revise my NSW down.

Sterok

Fire Emblem still got it. Heroes putting in work. And I will never not be amused that Disgaea managed to make a top 10 list in NPD, even if circumstances made it such that it was guaranteed to.

Mpl90

Switch wasn't number one?

Did their stock get even worse (somehow) or did they hold steady and ps4 shot up?

I suppose what we've seen in Japan for most of May (weekly shipments way down compared to earlier) has happened in US (and maybe in Europe...?) as well. Basically, given the current potential production (limited) capacity, reducing shipments for a while to stock up enough units for the next important (Arms) / gen-defininf (Splatoon 2) launches.

Which is probably why we've been hearing about improved restocks in US for the last two weeks.

jrcbandit

Prey bombing in US means 0 chance at a sequel. At least Bethesda seems to be supportive of Arkane doing more Dishonored beyond the stand alone DLC this fall.... Although, maybe Prey will have strong legs and warrant a sequel, it's our only hope...

Mpl90

On a general level, I'd be interested to know how much Prey sold, given its peculiar status and its sales pace in Uk at least (low debut, strong legs).

Speaking more specifically of Nintendo's side, my main interest would be knowing how much both USFII and Disgaea 5 sold :p

Kouriozan

Well Switch had a good run, it was fun while it lasted.
I can't believe Nintendo has so much trouble producing that console. That 10M goal for the first year seem so far away.

Ashtar

On a general level, I'd be interested to know how much Prey sold, given its peculiar status and its sales pace in Uk at least (low debut, strong legs).

Speaking more specifically of Nintendo's side, my main interest would be knowing how much both USFII and Disgaea 5 sold :p
Well it if we get the number of Switches moved or at least an estimate that would surely shed some light on it, mk8d and Zelda have close to 1:1 attach rates I believe
Also just an estimate but I can't think Ghost Recon is still moving massive units so just ballparking I'd guess between 200k and 100k but that's just pulling numbers out of thin air

Top Bottom