• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May The Fourth Be With You | Happy Star Wars Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izick

What sucks is that I have the full-screen version of the DVD's (SE with some tampering). I have no idea why that was the set that was purchased, but that's just how it is. I bet I still have the VHS tapes somewhere around too, but I'm not sure if they're the completely original cuts either.

Hey, guys, remember when everyone said there wouldn't be a sequel trilogy, but I said there would be and I accurately predicted when it would be announced?

That was awesome.

Happy Star Wars Day!

Izick

LEGO GAF recommends you hit up a LEGO store or shop.lego.com--bunch of solid discounts on star wars sets.

Oh man I can't even count the number of Star Wars Lego stuff I've built over the years. So much fun to be had with those.

Star Wars Day is May 25th.

Today is for people who think it's funny that May the Fourth be With You sounds like May the Force Be with you, but with George Lucas' dick in your mouth. :)

Izick

Posted this on the last page, but it kind of got lost in the shuffle:

Does anyone have any preference on the EU stuff? I've read the first two Bane books and they were great. Want to read the third some time down the road. The Thrawn stuff is pretty great from what I've heard; that true?

Anyone?

vidcons

Banned
anybody have some good facebook statuses for today? i was thinking "Cuatro de Mayo, Cloudwalker!" but that might be too off for some

Cheebo

Banned
Posted this on the last page, but it kind of got lost in the shuffle:

Anyone?

I am not sure it is the best to invest in the EU at this point when it is likely to be completely de-canonized (at least the post-ROTJ material) with the release of Episode VII.

I am not sure it is the best to invest in the EU at this point when it is likely to be completely de-canonized (at least the post-ROTJ material) with the release of Episode VII.

Well, that depends more on whether your enjoyment of the stories is attached to whether "it counts"

Some of the best Star Wars stories ever happened in Star Wars Tales, and none of those stories "count."

It's a fictional universe. Pick and choose what you want to "count" for you. It'll work better that way :)

Sober

I have the 2004 remasters on DVD but the ones that came with the original theatrical release on them. I think I'll pop in TNH later tonight.

Izick

I've never cared about canon. For me, the canon is what I decide the canon to be.

Thanks for the suggestions by the way.

Myzer

starwars.gif

Izick

Also, Cheebo, you never answered my question from before. Could Fox somehow release the original versions of the trilogy on Blu-Ray sometime between now and 2020?

Also, Cheebo, you never answered my question from before. Could Fox somehow release the original versions of the trilogy on Blu-Ray sometime between now and 2020?

there would have to be a deal between Disney & Fox, and there would likely have to be a budget cleared to either restore the original footage, or use CGI to replicate what the original footage looked like.

That's not impossible, of course, but it would involve some negotiation, some money, and assurance that the return on investment would be enough to pursue the endeavor. But it's not out of the question.

Izick

there would have to be a deal between Disney & Fox, and there would likely have to be a budget cleared to either restore the original footage, or use CGI to replicate what the original footage looked like.

That's not impossible, of course, but it would involve some negotiation, some money, and assurance that the return on investment would be enough to pursue the endeavor. But it's not out of the question.

We've seen crazier things happen. I believe!

shadows of the empire day.

Dash Rendar > *

My favorite second Star Wars game, only bested by KOTOR.

G-Fex

Weird.

That does kinda make me want to stream Star Wars: Shadows of the empire, my favorite star wars game.

Izick

I'm so bummed we never got the chance to play that Battlefront 3. I still think some company will make another one, but that one will be lost to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom