• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Syder

Bray's such shit.
After Bray had been repeatedly buried despite being over as fuck for years and literally being the easy, natural replacement for the Undertaker when you want a spooky guy for a storyline I thought WWE had completely squandered a future mega-star. Then he finally got his first title in WWE, and then he got the fucking World title and things were looking great, and now, here we are 3 months later and he looks like a nothing jobber who's probably in a worse spot than he was pre-Brand split because everyone with half a brain cell can tell Finn Bálor is going to fucking destroy him.

Some people pick up a title and don't bring any prestige to it, some even make the belt look worse for having touched, but I truly didn't think it was possible for someone to lose prestige for having held the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP...

Fuck me.

Literally everyone just hated the House of Horrors match lol...
This House of Horrors bullshit & Orton/Wyatt feud went and ended about as well as I could've hoped.
^ I enjoyed it. Bare in mind, I was watching it through tears of laughter though because it went pretty much exactly as I expected.

They were warning you
Luckily I didn't read about it until afterwards because I wanted to go in spoiler free.

I was surprised by the results and the quality especially being a raw ppv.

I didn't expect Chris to win, a true holy shit moment from me. The swerve after the tag matcg is just what I called for last night. The finish to the HoH was expected but still a nice surprise, gives the match the heat it needs. The only problem is, the crowd isn't into the shows like they were 12 years ago due to cell phones and stuff. I say that because Hassan got sooooo much heat, now the crowd doesn't know what to do but I feel like Jinder's about to turn it up a notch.

And the main event, I only saw Roman losing due to fuckery, not clean.

So Vince gave me a good ppv and I'm glad. The most ridiculous thing was Bayley losing. They should've saved it for Brooklyn for Sasha to beat Bayley.

After Bray had been repeatedly buried despite being over as fuck for years and literally being the easy, natural replacement for the Undertaker when you want a spooky guy for a storyline I thought WWE had completely squandered a future mega-star. Then he finally got his first title in WWE, and then he got the fucking World title and things were looking great, and now, here we are 3 months later and he looks like a nothing jobber who's probably in a worse spot than he was pre-Brand split because everyone with half a brain cell can tell Finn Bálor is going to fucking destroy him.

Some people pick up a title and don't bring any prestige to it, some even make the belt look worse for having touched, but I truly didn't think it was possible for someone to lose prestige for having held the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP...

Fuck me.

^ I enjoyed it. Bare in mind, I was watching it through tears of laughter though because it went pretty much exactly as I expected.

He's feuding with Ambrose now instead of Balor it seems.

They switched Miz to Balor and Wyatt to Ambrose

Also, thanks for the blood tonight even though it was just a capsule. It's always good to see some colour to make things look vicious and not just cookie cutter.

Wwe needs to get back to its roots. I like carnival stuff so give me more of those antics. The pure wrestling stuff can only keep your audience's attention for so long.

If your target audience is children, give them the spectacle.

Once again, put those hollyhood writers on the network content. Leave the storyline booking to the wrestlers.

I need the box of gimmicka back 😩

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Also, thanks for the blood tonight even though it was just a capsule. It's always good to see some colour to make things look vicious and not just cookie cutter.

Wwe needs to get back to its roots. I like carnival stuff so give me more of those antics. The pure wrestling stuff can only keep your audience's attention for so long.

If your target audience is children, give them the spectacle.

That's one thing we can agree on. You need a good mix of everything. I'll take a show that has some goofy fun matches, some hardcore, some high flying, some pure wrestling, some brawling and all that with a good mix of various types of wrestlers from Serious, badass, goofy, etc types. Some feds get this. WWE does not sadly anymore. It's a shame too because they have and had some talented folks that can fill the various roles easily.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Rusev is going to turn out to be one of those passive aggressive wrestlers that's a smark darling that becomes painfully annoying once you start following him on twitter, isn't he?
tumblr_op7w3wJ2FG1vduspqo3_540.jpg

Lol yessssssss LAW caller calling out previous caller for saying worst show I've seen 3 or 4 matches were great, and then he started praising Bliss!

Lol saved me from calling in.

To be fair if they just hot shot the title back on Bayley and if they don't pull what should be the best way to turn Sasha heel:

Which is basically Bayley means nothing to Sasha anymore now that she's not champion. So she kicks her to the curb.

Which would be a great story and a much better and harsher turn than just Sasha turning for a title shot.

If they don't do that then Bliss winning might be a bad decision but if they use this to create a Sasha/Bayley story that doesn't need the title that'd be cool.

That's one thing we can agree on. You need a good mix of everything. I'll take a show that has some goofy fun matches, some hardcore, some high flying, some pure wrestling, some brawling and all that with a good mix of various types of wrestlers from Serious, badass, goofy, etc types. Some feds get this. WWE does not sadly anymore. It's a shame too because they have and had some talented folks that can fill the various roles easily.
The problem ultimately stems from this new generation of wrestlings just wrestle and don't think about the promotion of themselves. That's all they sign now as well. Then, the characters these guys have are just 1 dimensional because they are just themselves.

Like Angle said, don't be afraid to explore your character. Most of these guys play it safe and just say yes sir and no sir. It seems like all of the characters end up being jobbed out. Breezango, Ascension, Bray(lol), etc.

Vince needs to go back to the root of his success. On tv, I need the entertainment. I don't want 15-20 minutes of wrestling, save that for the ppvs. Use raw and sd for the building. Matches should be 8 minutes tops. Give me more backstage segments for everyone. Not just Stephanie who gets almost 20-40 minutes every raw.

Imagine what Russo could've done with 3 hours in 98. The entire raw roster should be on raw every week, not just 15 Superstars.

I'm all for stealing all of the talent in the world but if they can't be character entertainment, then you need to build your own in that pc.

MC Safety

We need mod intervention to give someone, anyone else a turn at OPs. Disgraceful conduct

I mean, at least let someone do it who's going to make a thread title that makes sense.

Fancy you to a nice arse whipping?

Fancy, by any of its definitions, is incorrect here.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
The problem ultimately stems from this new generation of wrestlings just wrestle and don't think about the promotion of themselves. That's all they sign now as well. Then, the characters these guys have are just 1 dimensional because they are just themselves.

Like Angle said, don't be afraid to explore your character. Most of these guys play it safe and just say yes sir and no sir. It seems like all of the characters end up being jobbed out. Breezango, Ascension, Bray(lol), etc.

Vince needs to go back to the root of his success. On tv, I need the entertainment. I don't want 15-20 minutes of wrestling, save that for the ppvs. Use raw and sd for the building. Matches should be 8 minutes tops. Give me more backstage segments for everyone. Not just Stephanie who gets almost 20-40 minutes every raw.

Imagine what Russo could've done with 3 hours in 98. The entire raw roster should be on raw every week, not just 15 Superstars.

Exactly. It's part of why I think the PPVs don't feel so special anymore. I've been watching some old school Raw, Nitro, and ECW this week and the shows were so much better back then even at their worst. You had some matches but the shows is where the screwy stuff happened. You had promos you had matches where people screwed each other. You got all that crap out before the PPV. Then when the PPV came around you watched it and got some great matches with proper endings. The shows were supposed to make you want the PPVs. Now you watch the ppv then the next nights you see the same matches on Raw and Smackdown.

Exactly. It's part of why I think the PPVs don't feel so special anymore. I've been watching some old school Raw, Nitro, and ECW this week and the shows were so much better back then even at their worst. You had some matches but the shows is where the screwy stuff happened. You had promos you had matches where people screwed each other. You got all that crap out before the PPV. Then when the PPV came around you watched it and got some great matches with proper endings. The shows were supposed to make you want the PPVs. Now you watch the ppv then the next nights you see the same matches on Raw and Smackdown.
Yep, they have no competition so it's not like they can't experiment with new things. If it is shitty then never do it again. The compound thing was trash but they tried the concept of it again and this time it was better, maybe third time will be a charm. But you have to step out of your comfort zone and throw shit at the wall.

I don't know what changed the formula to have Raw presented as a ppv because it was a horrible decision. I've been watching this thing for 21 years now with no breaks and the past ten years have been a chore tbh.

Now that I think, maybe the over scripting of everything is why they don't do like they did in the past. They need these long matches to make up for what they don't have time to do in these scripts.

Man listen, if you write a script for me saying, "Yo, I got you my dude, it's gon be fleek when I see ya." I'm going to be do disinterested because that's not me. Imagine how the superstars must feel when they just can't go out there like talking smack and shoot from the heart.

Like I said, give everyone gimmicks and characters so they can know what they need to say. Maybe Apollo needs to be a lifeguard or a surfer to find his true character. Happy to be here guy isn't going to make it.

Another problem I have is that, these so called analysts and fans, any time they attempt to do something they want to trash it. Like the HoH, as I said it is what we expect from wwe. Would you see it in NJPW? No, so why do you compare it to something that another company who has a totally different would do?

What year of Nitro?

Cause 99-2001 were way worse than anything WWE is doing right now.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Yep, they have no competition so it's not like they can't experiment with new things. If it is shitty then never do it again. The compound thing was trash but they tried the concept of it again and this time it was better, maybe third time will be a charm. But you have to step out of your comfort zone and throw shit at the wall.

I don't know what changed the formula to have Raw presented as a ppv because it was a horrible decision. I've been watching this thing for 21 years now with no breaks and the past ten years have been a chore tbh.

Now that I think, maybe the over scripting of everything is why they don't do like they did in the past. They need these long matches to make up for what they don't have time to do in these scripts.

Man listen, if you write a script for me saying, "Yo, I got you my dude, it's gon be fleek when I see ya." I'm going to be do disinterested because that's not me. Imagine how the superstars must feel when they just can't go out there like talking smack and shoot from the heart.

Like I said, give everyone gimmicks and characters so they can know what they need to say. Maybe Apollo needs to be a lifeguard or a surfer to find his true character. Happy to be here guy isn't going to make it.

Another problem I have is that, these so called analysts and fans, any time they attempt to do something they want to trash it. Like the HoH, as I said it is what we expect from wwe. Would you see it in NJPW? No, so why do you compare it to something that another company who has a totally different would do?

Yup. Sometimes things are gonna not be so good. It happens. But at least they're trying something different.

What year of Nitro?

Cause 99-2001 were way worse than anything WWE is doing right now.

1995 right now. Also while 99 to 01 did have some pretty awful Nitros they were still for the most part watchable. I'm also not saying WWE is the worst right now. They're just boring, predictable, and a lot of the same ol same ol. That's their problem. I still watch every damn show like I have since I was a kid. You can't deny that they'r emissing something though.

1995 right now. Also while 99 to 01 did have some pretty awful Nitros they were still for the most part watchable. I'm also not saying WWE is the worst right now. They're just boring, predictable, and a lot of the same ol same ol. That's their problem. I still watch every damn show like I have since I was a kid.

99-01 Nitro was like basically every week a new but more comedic house of horrors.

Lol called into the LAW afterall but got the last caller spot... you try defending the Bliss/Bayley finish in 30 seconds lol...

Left them thinking I was accusing them of hating Bliss >< which was not my intention ah well.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Ok I'm up to the house of horrors match. Right now I'm laughing my ass off. The Tractor bit had me rolling. The whole syfy horror movie look with the music is just hilarious. So far I'm enjoying it.

Ok I'm up to the house of horrors match. Right now I'm laughing my ass off. The Tractor bit had me rolling. The whole syfy horror movie look with the music is just hilarious. So far I'm enjoying it.
It's one of those matches where you take your "smart" glasses off and try to enjoy it instead of being serious about stuff all of the time. It's more of a random Mankind segment from the attitude era with added effects. Whoever wrote and produced those backstage hits needs to come back because they need it desperately.

99-01 Nitro was like basically every week a new but more comedic house of horrors.

Lol called into the LAW afterall but got the last caller spot... you try defending the Bliss/Bayley finish in 30 seconds lol...

Left them thinking I was accusing them of hating Bliss >< which was not my intention ah well.

Oh thats cool. Was a hard spot to be in. They may have been talking generally too.

Alvarez just destroyed Sheamus on the B&V show.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
It's one of those matches where you take your "smart" glasses off and try to enjoy it instead of being serious about stuff all of the time. It's more of a random Mankind segment from the attitude era with added effects. Whoever wrote and produced those backstage hits needs to come back because they need it desperately.

Yea. I mean I'm sitting here and they're up to the trapping him in the kitchen bit. I've actually enjoyed it. I just picture them busting out laughing while filming this. You know they had to. I really don't get the vibe that it's to be taken seriously. You can't help but laugh at how absurd it is. I think it would have been a lot of fun to be there filming this.

ROFLMAO at the house lighting turning red. Yes this is hilariously funny. I'm convinced this wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I'm enjoying it.

Slizz

Mic skills are the shortcut to get over. Love Bliss, mic skills an the expressions. Think she's past Charlotte on the mic, but def needs more in ring work. Doesn't help that she's so tiny for a decent move set

Oh thats cool. Was a hard spot to be in. They may have been talking generally too.

Alvarez just destroyed Sheamus on the B&V show.

Yeah I'm pleased, I got int my two points:

1) Makes good with the story of Bliss being a major Raw acquisition/. They've been pushing both her and Charlotte as each brand's biggest acquisitions. Literally that's been said by announcer's for both.

2) It gives way for what I feel is a more interesting story with Sasha/Bayley being that I wanted the title and now that you don;t have it you're worthless to me. Dan the Mouth said that sounded too similar to Owens/Jericho but I don't think so. I just think that story is way more interesting than Sasha turning to get a title shot... or however else they'd do it. This gives impetuous to the turn, this is the moment Bayley is of no use to Sasha anymore, she just wanted to butter her up for a title shot and the goodie good wouldn't give her one and now she's gone and fucking lost the damn thing and now everything she's been doing, all the sucking up and everything was for fucking nothing... So she snaps...

Boom...

Honestly if there were other women Bliss could feud with I'd even say don't do Sasha vs Bayley I for the title, let it be it's own thing... Raw women need stories that aren't I want title.

Yea. I mean I'm sitting here and they're up to the trapping him in the kitchen bit. I've actually enjoyed it. I just picture them busting out laughing while filming this. You know they had to. I really don't get the vibe that it's to be taken seriously. You can't help but laugh at how absurd it is. I think it would have been a lot of fun to be there filming this.

ROFLMAO at the house lighting turning red. Yes this is hilariously funny. I'm convinced this wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I'm enjoying it.
I would be fighting for weird hokey stuff like this if I were Wyatt, this is what his character should be doing all the time. Still the one problem with Wyatt is that he's a heel who should be a face but Vince just sees him as a guy who can take the pinfall.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
I would be fighting for weird hokey stuff like this if I were Wyatt, this is what his character should be doing all the time. Still the one problem with Wyatt is that he's a heel who should be a face but Vince just sees him as a guy who can take the pinfall.

Yup. This has that same vibe that the broken TNA stuff had. It's pure goofiness but it was so fun to watch. I was laughing my ass off. No doubt in my mind that they busted a gut from laughing so hard while filming this. Can't wait to see how it ends when they "get to the arena". lol

Mic skills are the shortcut to get over. Love Bliss, mic skills an the expressions. Think she's past Charlotte on the mic, but def needs more in ring work. Doesn't help that she's so tiny for a decent move set

Oh yeah Bliss is basically ok in the ring (thought she's getting better) but damn her mic skills are so fucking good.What makes her work so well on the mic is she makes everything sound so damn natural, she is so clearly confident on the mic.

She was great on Raw Talk...

At this point idk if I'd be upset with the return of Husky

Like, at least then there'd be a great reason to stay booking him like trash

At this point idk if I'd be upset with the return of Husky

Like, at least then there'd be a great reason to stay booking him like trash

Honestly what I've done is given up on him getting a sustained push...

But I enjoy his entrance, I enjoy his promos usually (the ones for the Orton match were bad), I enjoy his finish and I enjoy his work, so i'm just going to keep enjoying him and keep my expectations low.

Yup. This has that same vibe that the broken TNA stuff had. It's pure goofiness but it was so fun to watch. I was laughing my ass off. No doubt in my mind that they busted a gut from laughing so hard while filming this. Can't wait to see how it ends when they "get to the arena". lol
I'm going to spoiler the only thing I hated about that match

so Orton gets a heavy refrigerator thrown on him but he doesn't sell it at all when they're back to normal. It made me mad since Bray was selling his stuff
Bring back any stable would be great
Yeah I don't think anyone wants to see union lol.

so Orton gets a heavy refrigerator thrown on him but he doesn't sell it at all when they're back to normal. It made me mad since Bray was selling his stuff

Orton is absolutely horrible at putting anyone over or making anyone but himself look good. He's arguably worse at making other guys look good than fucking Cena

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member

Meh that spoiler don't bother me. it's wrestling. Also Orton has never been a good seller. Never ever. So that doesn't surprise me at all.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Has Jinder yet been hindered?

Edit: Orton bad at selling? I did not see the fridge spot, but Orton does subtle selling like nobody's business.

You're nuts. Orton doesn't know the meaning of selling. Also liked the Rollins Joe match till the end. Shame cause that was a good match too. I'm convinced WWE just can't do good endings anymore.

Syder

I think Charlotte is better at getting crowd reactions still but Bliss' character has the best continuity on the roster, male or female. She's still in-character and verbally smoking people on Talking Smack/RAW Talk, whereas Charlotte pretty much drops character completely in backstage segments.
wtzgU.gif

Top Bottom