• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

DMczaf

June Wrasslin |OT| We are history's rejects, shamed of our hobby to watch trash tv, too weak to quit, hidden from society so society doesnt shame us. the attitude era marks. shouldve listened to mom when she said to turn that garbage off back when i was 5. i shouldve listen maa i shouldve listened :'( im sorry

If it would have fit, I would nominate this.

Dead Man

June Wrasslin |OT| We are history's rejects, shamed of our hobby to watch trash tv, too weak to quit, hidden from society so society doesnt shame us. the attitude era marks. shouldve listened to mom when she said to turn that garbage off back when i was 5. i shouldve listen maa i shouldve listened :'( im sorry
Perfect.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
5? LOL Lunchbox is a kid.
Seriously, lol. Can you even really remember anything from then, without youtube and such? You're not mature like us, Lunchbox!

This is really cute, btw.

oldschool_kane_puppy_by_zemedic-d3fbs1g.png

G-Fex

June Wrasslin |OT| At least it's not E3.
June Wrasslin |OT| We're divorcing John Cena
June Wrasslin |OT| Where superstars sneek out to UFC events
June Wrasslin |OT| WELLLLLLLLLLLL WELL ITS THE BIG SLOW
June Wrasslin |OT| TONIGHT ON RAW....ah who cares.
June Wrasslin |OT| Remember Monday Night Wars? Made us all believe again..
June Wrasslin |OT| Literally nothing has changed.

G-Fex

That's the best Kane Puppy ever.

I think She-Kane is still pissed at Soulplaya.

I thought I'd talk less about my e-fed since it's consistently being mocked by those *sigh* MMA guys. But Actually I think I'll bring it up more.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
That's the best Kane Puppy ever.

I think She-Kane is still pissed at Soulplaya.

I thought I'd talk less about my e-fed since it's consistently being mocked by those *sigh* MMA guys. But Actually I think I'll bring it up more.
I love She-Kane. Like I said, she's my weekday darling. Broad is weekend fun, though. That's all.

Lunchbox

Banned
Ever hear a dialup modem before?

i grew up poor like soulplaya and gfex, so i had that shit even as recent as 05

actually most of us here are/were poor as fuck. and we had nothing to do other than watching dudes fight on basic cable. and vince took advantage of that. i mean even now when i go to shows at decent places like hartford i see the most poorest ghetto people coming out to watch wrestling, i almost feel bad. i remember walking out of a show at 11pm and seeing these people making their kids walk across the street and walking home in their cena gear. who other than poor people let their kids stay out that late

it just hit me, Poverty creates wrestling fans

SoulPlaya

more money than God
All this Kane bullshit is actually making me miss Heavy talking about his hygiene habits.
Beef, please. You love Kane. Remember that night you opened up about how Kane inspired you to overcome your fears of public exposure, due to all the scars on your face? Give the man the credit he deserves!

thuway

I just don't understand TNA sometimes. They want to create an alternative product to WWE, instead they come off as a cheaper, grimier, facsimile.

I was absolutely in love with TNA when circa 2005-2006. They focused on the wrestling, and their pay per views had guys going all out. I knew I would be in for a five star match every month.

In all honesty, if they want to differentiate themselves from WWE- they should just take the ROH route. Focus on the wrestling- and the stars will make themselves. AJ Styles is no "mic-a-holic", but he sure as hell can wrestle.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
i grew up poor like soulplaya and gfex, so i had that shit even as recent as 05

actually most of us here are/were poor as fuck. and we had nothing to do other than watching dudes fight on basic cable. and vince took advantage of that. i mean even now when i go to shows at decent places like hartford i see the most poorest ghetto people coming out to watch wrestling, i almost feel bad. i remember walking out of a show at 11pm and seeing these people making their kids walk across the street and walking home in their cena gear. who other than poor people let their kids stay out that late

it just hit me, Poverty creates wrestling fans
We're all one and the same, :(.

*Hugs*

I just don't understand TNA sometimes. They want to create an alternative product to WWE, instead they come off as a cheaper, grimier, facsimile.

I was absolutely in love with TNA when circa 2005-2006. They focused on the wrestling, and their pay per views had guys going all out. I knew I would be in for a five star match every month.

It's now a 2002 broadcast of WCW :(.

It's improved alot. Last week we got a 4 1/4 star(according to Meltzer) match between AJ and Roode. This week we are getting a Sting vs Roode lumberjack match. Watch the next few shows and see if you like the changes as they are going in a new direction and actually trying to do wrestling different than it's always been done.

DMczaf

June Wrasslin |OT| Poverty creates wrestling fans, so we watch a billionaire millionaire blow his money on settling personal grudges

Lunchbox

Banned
June Wrasslin |OT| Poverty creates wrestling fans, so we watch a billionaire millionaire blow his money on settling personal grudges

well its settled, i mean look at the hiphop audience, poor kids looking up to rappers singing about their money and cars dreaming. thats US DAMN IT

THATS US

icfR2G.gif

You people need to cheer up.

June 2nd 2008 - Million Dollar Mania
June 15th 2009 - Trump "buys" WWE
June 7th 2010 - Nxt Invasion
June 27th 2011 - CM Punk "Shoot"

All these are good things (that quickly went down the shitter). However, even if things will get bad again, June will bring us at least one good, possibly great. thing before it passes.

History demands it.

G-Fex

Guaranteed to be better than anything WWE or TNA shits out that week.

E3 is a joke. BETRAYAL

If you support it you're part of the problem Beefers.

BOO NEW GAMES BOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm going to play my NES Pro Wrestling and baseball and shut out all info about new games.

They probably cost 4 bajillion dollars now for a doohicky

RBH

Every now and then = a average of one per year.

WWE is comfortably numb in it's position and John Cena is at least established as a kids star like Spoungebob or something nowadays. They have no incentive to take any risks or do anything to make lots of money. It's not like the mid 90's when they were pushing out goofy characters and had competition to push them to the extreme.

PPV numbers are worse than they've ever been, ratings are as bad as pre Attitude era, but they're a developed brand now - so they at least make a lot of merchandising and license fees, and live gate money. They won't risk that by becoming less kid friendly trying to get mainstream popular again. And even if they did try it, it's probably too late. The mark crowds nowadays don't know anything about wrestling's past. It's an awkward blur nowadays, Vince has effectively killed the ties to the past for the most part. Any "legends" brought out from behind the scenes just gets a laugh for being an old man in a costume.

You can just do what I do, passively watch while doing something else, or just skipping a show entirely not giving a fuck. I still like to root for bad news to happen, so eventually the news will become bad enough they'll be forced to change, but it's probably several, several years before this occurs. It would take Cena not being in the business for one reason or another to hit the kid base hard.
Wow, this post is right on the money and is depressingly realistic about the current state of the wrestling industry in my eyes as well.

mooooose

AJ Styles is actually pretty good on the mic now. He took some acting classes in like 2008 when he was feuding with Angle for the first time and they helped. He only got better with his time in Fortune (though he did nothing of interest). He's a lot better.

I wish AJ would go to WWE. Same with Joe.

Lunchbox

Banned
You people need to cheer up.

June 2nd 2008 - Million Dollar Mania
June 15th 2009 - Trump "buys" WWE
June 7th 2010 - Nxt Invasion
June 27th 2011 - CM Punk "Shoot"

All these are good things (that quickly went down the shitter). However, even if things will get bad again, June will bring us at least one good, possibly great. thing before it passes.

History demands it.

did you grow up poor like us keysersoze?

are there poor people in scotland?

Yeah AJ is good. The AJ and Dixie stuff is a huge ratings draw for TNA. It's the hottest thing they have going on right now. Dixie needs to comment tomorrow night. Also betting the person Madison is in love with is ODB or Eric Young to get a love triangle going.

Dead Man

I think this must be the most meta thread on gaf, and yet one of the most welcoming. I think it is the pure masochism required to be a wrasslefan these days.

E3 is a joke. BETRAYAL

If you support it you're part of the problem Beefers.

BOO NEW GAMES BOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm going to play my NES Pro Wrestling and baseball and shut out all info about new games.

They probably cost 4 bajillion dollars now for a doohicky

I support E3 because of the glorious reveals and hilarious failures. At least those are consistent. And occasionally there will be something that makes me want to purchase more of their product.

They could learn a lot from E3.

Top Bottom