• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Maya confirmed for Ace Attorney 6

Is Takumi involved with this one at all? I know he's not directing, but I thought they avoided using Maya in AA5 because they didn't want to do anything with an important character from the main series without his input (I don't remember where I read that...) but now here she is, right on the box.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Has been revealed who's the character designer on this entry? Tatsuro Iwamoto or Takuro Fuse?

GSR

Has been revealed who's the character designer on this entry? Tatsuro Iwamoto or Takuro Fuse?

Fuse. He's also taken on co-director duties, though it sounds like he's handling more of the logistical/technical work and Yamazaki's still the majority creative director.

Is Takumi involved with this one at all? I know he's not directing, but I thought they avoided using Maya in AA5 because they didn't want to do anything with an important character from the main series without his input (I don't remember where I read that...) but now here she is, right on the box.

All signs point to Takumi working on DGS2 right now.

All signs point to Takumi working on DGS2 right now.

raw

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Things are looking really good. I look forward to seeing how Maya after these last few years. I kind of hope they give Trucy more spotlight, which hopefully she will since Apollo is on the boxart and she's his sidekick. Athena was OK, but kind of bland overall. I just didn't really get her. Trucy is probably my favorite sidekick followed by either Maya or Ema Skye(who they sabotaged in AAI sadly).

LPride

Banned
No, other characters notice it. It's usually hand-waved away, but there are examples of characters like the Judge saying stuff like "The girl next to you seems... different, somehow," and Wright going "It's just your imagination!"

I can understand why the writers would downplay it with Maya, since Mia being there only matters to Phoenix so the other characters dont have to react, but when Pearls channels Mia she must gain 3 feet and her clothes barely fit anymore. Youd think someone would say something!

No, other characters notice it. It's usually hand-waved away, but there are examples of characters like the Judge saying stuff like "The girl next to you seems... different, somehow," and Wright going "It's just your imagination!"

Wasn't this made a point of in 2-2

Lusankya

Sölf;198069091 said:
I couldn't watch that. I just wait and hope for a fan translation within the next few years. Man. :(

Well, up until now it's quite underwhelming. But I guess it will be better once they answered all the questions players will have at that point.

I also don't know if I like the structure too much (spoiler free):

Case 1 - Court only, we don't even know the motive for the murder and it really drags in the end.
Case 2 - Investigation only and quite a boring case, considering how important the backstory there is.
Case 3 - Court only again and again no motive or background is explained.
Case 4 - Finally investigation and courtroom gameplay, but only one day. Also it doesn't look like any questions will be answered here.

So I super rely on case 5 to answer all these questions. At this point the game stands and falls with the 5th case. But it really looks like this game was made with a DGS2 already in mind, so I understand all the bad reviews the game got on amazon.co.jp.
That probably also explains why it takes until case 4 before we get to meet Iris (and she is still not important).

Top Bottom