• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mayor of London stuck on zipline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hilarity ensues.

London Mayor Boris Johnson got stuck midair on a zip line Wednesday during a celebration for 2012 Olympic Games.

ITV, the British partner of NBC News, reported that Johnson had to be pulled the remainder of the way by people on the ground. According to The Telegraph newspaper, Johnson was the first person to use the zip line, in Victoria Park, East London. "Get me a rope, get me a ladder," ITV quoted him as saying. "I think the brakes got stuck.”

The Telegraph said witnesses reported that Johnson spent the approximately five minutes suspended in the air waving two British flags and leading the audience in cheering the British Olympic team.

Lulz.

pb-120801-boris-johnson-01.photoblog900.jpg

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
This man should have been born an American. I salute him.

Also this is fucking hilarious.

Jeff-DSA

The only thing that would make this complete would be two Buckingham Palace guards being the only two men present to help but they can't because they're not allowed to move.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I liked Denver's old mayor.

But Boris Johnson is pretty hilarious, he went on Top Gear!

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Mitt Romney would have never been stuck on a zipline.

Shove it! Kiss my ass! That's a holy British zipline!

Also, my current mayor.

tumblr_kzpy1xAJj21qz7xrqo1_500.gif

Personality, imagine Ari (who is based on his brother) from Entourage, but more viscious, and with more swearing.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Bad spy skills not Tony Blair.

ChiTownBuffalo

No, that's not right. I don't think they had Bronies back then.

Mondriaan

When they say that Boris was the first person to use the zip line, it almost sounds like he was the first person to test the line.

Also, my current mayor.

tumblr_kzpy1xAJj21qz7xrqo1_500.gif

Personality, imagine Ari (who is based on his brother) from Entourage, but more viscious, and with more swearing.

Rahm is a personal hero of mine. I love a guy who will say, "Fuck you I'm right, now get in line or I'll put you there myself."

Though I'm also a fan of Corey Booker, who I'm pretty sure is a superhero.

Unfortunately I'm stuck with Vincent Gray.... damnit!

Raist

Banned
Day after his reelection.

borisjogging.jpg

Took me a while to find it. For some reason, the very same picture on every british news website is cut above the hips :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom