• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McConnell and GOP Senators desperately working on a new "Skinny Repeal" for the ACA

CBS:

Collins and Murkowski vote "no" on motion to proceed

Republican Sens. Collins and Murkowski have voted no on the motion to proceed to debate. If Republicans lose one more vote the motion to proceed will fail.

CBS:

Johnson in discussion with McConnell before vote

Sen. Ron Johnson is seen discussing with the Majority Leader on the floor before he takes his vote.

McCain, Johnson votes remain

Republican Sens. John McCain and Ron Johnson are all that remains to give Republicans the edge to the motion to proceed. McCain's flight from Arizona to D.C. has reportedly landed and he is en route to the Capitol for his vote.

SexyFish

Banned
So they'll take a "victory" for the MTP and then it'll probably die as everyone and their mother tries to make amendments to the thing, right? Or is that wishful thinking?

This is just a vote to debate right? Not an actual bill?
Yes. This is just to debate.

How funny would it be if Johnson votes NO before McCain gets into the chamber?

He'd have wasted his time flying all the way out there for nothing.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Not surprised, my brother inlaw will be happy with this since he refuses to pay for insurance to pocket more money and is very vocal how he hates the fine he pays due to the mandate.

And then he gets cancer and not only his life is destroyed but your sisters as well. Good job.

I have a question.

If they pass this bill, does that mean the Byrd rule is waived for any bill that Repeals or Amends the ACA afterward? Does today's vote affect the reconciliation process?

Would they still need 60 votes? Or just 50/51?

sangreal

There voting!

all the votes that matter have already been cast

it passed

I have a question.

If they pass this bill, does that mean the Byrd rule is waived for any bill that Repeals or Amends the ACA afterward? Does today's vote affect the reconciliation process?

it is all one bill. This vote is on proceeding with the AHCA from the house, which will be amended into a Senate bill

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
The ultimate "Fuck you, I got mine". In fact, I say we just hashtag that quote as "McCaining".

I have a question.

Today's vote was just to move forward with debate on the bill. It doesn't have to do with reconciliation.

SeanC

I'm not overly upset because it is just to debate, stagnating things longer, but McCain can get straight fucked in the eye with cancer at this point. Good will gone.

tbm24

I still feel like people don't realize this isn't the bill actually passing.
Republicans are in for a bad time with all the amendments that are going to be shoved their way.

Only reason this vote is significant is because this bill is so pathetic that it almost didn't make it for debate.

Mask

Any sympathy McCain would have had is gone from me. Voting yes as one last "fuck You I got mine", what a Foul person.

chekhonte

Well this messy and disgusting debate sure will take some of the media heat off of the investigation which is probably a large part of the point.

br3wnor

Republicans are in for a bad time with all the amendments that are going to be shoved their way.

Which will all get erased when McConnel enters the ‘final’ amendment which will either be repeal and no replace or the BRCA. This debate doesn’t do shit since it all gets erased by McConnel when he makes everyone vote up or down after the ‘debate’ is over.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I'm not overly upset because it is just to debate, stagnating things longer, but McCain can get straight fucked in the eye with cancer at this point. Good will gone.

It's amazing that one if his final acts may be to kill thousands of people.

A shame he did not succumb to the plane ride.

Slayven

So McCain fresh off getting the best medical care money can buy, votes to help take away barely acceptable medical care people can barely afford.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So McCain fresh off getting the best medical care money can buy, votes to help take away barely acceptable medical care people can barely afford.

Gotta have respect for a war hero though.

BriGuy

I still feel like people don't realize this isn't the bill actually passing.

Yet. It's a forlorn conclusion that they'll eventually get something through. I mean, that much has been obvious from last November. Elections have consequences. It sounds trite, but here we are.

Beartruck

Considering he had a blood clot behind his eye, he literally is getting fucked in the eye with cancer right now.

Top Bottom