• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonalds Brings Back Szechuan Dipping Sauce on October 7th, One Day Only

Kuro

This event is going to be a disaster. Only 2 mcdonalds in all of Maryland will actually have the sauce of the 20ish listed. No one is going to realize that.

Yea Im not busting my ass to go to a location just to get this in hopes its not packed and they havent run out.

Do a full run or GTFO McDonald's

snap

Banned
Any McD's employees on GAF? Anybody know how they're going to handle this?

The one near me is right off of a university campus, so even it's going to be stupid high demand. Only bright side I can tell is nobody who I know even knows this is happening, so maybe limited exposure means the lines won't be too terrible.

$$$$$$$$$$$$
Really tempted to go and line up for this dumb shit

Rick and Morty fans will pay for this.

Oh boy... that's going to be a nightmare at the NYC locations.

New York is a bloodbath for resellers
You better hope they don't know or you'll be fighting a shit load of people

Yea Im not busting my ass to go to a location just to get this in hopes its not packed and they havent run out.

Do a full run or GTFO McDonald's

Seriously only people who win are the resellers. They'll make more money than McDonalds will.

Do they not realize they have higher sales over a period of time if they just did a longer or permanent run?

Hell they should just sell bottles of their sauces at the grocery store

dcll

Banned
I dont know what this sauce is but the best fast food sauce is the honey roasted bbq sauce from Chik Fil A

Long. I've noticed most of the locations with the sauce are in college towns. R&M's biggest fans seem to be the college crowd. Sauce may sell out before you get there

Yeah, the only local one with the sauce is in Bowling Green, across from the university. Thankfully, it's not a game day (they're at Miami (Ohio) this week for their 6th loss), but I still expect it to be a shitshow.

CHC

I was going to grab some to put on eBay but now I'm actually worried about bumping into reddit neckbeards and having to make some kind of shitty Rick And Morty-related small talk while waiting on line. Think I'll pass.

snap

Banned
I don't even want to try Szechuan sauce or care all that much about Rick and Morty, I just want one of those posters since they're pretty cool. I'm betting that my location probably has one poster, period, so who knows.

VariantX

Kind of douchey, just make it available everywhere for a short while. I'm not running across town just so I can dip some chicken strips into some sauce when there are 3 McDonalds within a mile of me.

Ashhong

I was going to grab some to put on eBay but now I'm actually worried about bumping into reddit neckbeards and having to make some kind of shitty Rick And Morty-related small talk while waiting on line. Think I'll pass.

Wow dude, you're so much cooler than those reddit neckbeards.

Wow dude, you're so much cooler than those reddit neckbeards.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

As if going to McDonald's so you can flip some fucking nuggie sauce online makes you any less dorky.

You guys know this is basically a test run to gauge interest and drum up publicity right?

Saturday is going to be a complete clusterfuck and there might even be a news story about how crazy things were at McDonald's.

The sauce will be on the regular menu before the year is over.

Clawww

You're prolly more pathetic

Desi

This event is going to be a disaster. Only 2 mcdonalds in all of Maryland will actually have the sauce of the 20ish listed. No one is going to realize that.

hell ya. Driving to Towson just for a poster and some sauce is dead.

Zubz

Banned

Yup. I've had to tell multiple friends that a lot of the local McDonalds' listed on that site weren't labeled as "Szechuan available." I'm assuming many others aren't going to get that warning & get upset when they went so far out of their way for something the store isn't even selling. Especially since they're doing this the weekend of NYCC & only have 1 LA location.

Every single city around Denver is getting it but none of the location in Denver...

It's a fun thing to do but I'm not driving to boulder for nugget sauce.

Bossking

Banned
One of the few cities in my state that was listed to have it...didn't actually have it. Didn't know when they would have it, either.

Saw two places near me, then realized they weren't going to have the sauce. Kind of a bummer that something already limited has even more limitations.

Top Bottom