• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's plans to add Kiosks over the next two years

TheMikado

Banned
Yes and yet the train was an optionable way to transport yourself from one place to another. It's not like they just stopped building roads you know? That's the right way to introduce a new technology into society.

But I don't think McDonalds said its replacing all its workers with kiosks either.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
But I don't think McDonalds said its replacing all its workers with kiosks either.

I was only responding to what Diablos991 said.

diablos991 said:
They need to fix their user interface.

I welcome the automation though. We absolutely don’t need to pay people to be fast food cashiers with today’s technology.

I agree with everything that you are saying though.

Alfadawg

Banned
Love those kiosks in McDs.

Also means you can add extras onto burgers easily without feeling like a pain or cheeky.

Cheeseburger, extra cheese, mustard, onions, pickles all at the touch of a button or even better...fillet o fish, extra cheese and majestic tartar sauce!!

Grinchy

Banned
I hope they figure out how to have a robot make all the food and then just have humans monitor them to make sure they don't drop a bun or something.

I went to McDonalds for the first time in a while today. There was no one in the drive-thru and very few people inside. They still managed to fuck up the order and make horrible quality, old food that had been sitting around and wasn't even made well whenever they made it. Give me robots any day over this nonsense. If this location paid its employees $15/hour, it would be a travesty.

I hope they figure out how to have a robot make all the food and then just have humans monitor them to make sure they don't drop a bun or something.

I went to McDonalds for the first time in a while today. There was no one in the drive-thru and very few people inside. They still managed to fuck up the order and make horrible quality, old food that had been sitting around and wasn't even made well whenever they made it. Give me robots any day over this nonsense. If this location paid its employees $15/hour, it would be a travesty.

Bro, if McDonald's food isn't burning hot it is nasty as fuck. It shouldn't be like that, even though it is intentional. Their quality is shit, they gotta be fast.

Yes the workers were bad at prepping/making the food as fresh as possible, but the true root cause is the shitty food quality that falls apart when it's not hot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Einherjar

I like the Kiosks but sometimes I want stuff like a junior chicken with thai sauce and I can't get that unless I order at the counter.

Top Bottom