• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McFarlane announces Titanfall 2 toys, shipping 2016 in "conjunction with the game"

Com_Raven

McFarlane toys (they of Todd and Spawn fame) just announced a new series of action figures based on Titanfall 2 that will ship Winter 2016, alongside the game. A hint that it might be out in CY 2016 after all?

Source: http://news.toyark.com/2016/02/10/mcfarlane-toys-announces-titanfall-2-toys-191592

McFarlane-Titanfall-2-Banner.jpg

Full announcement:

In the 2014 smash-hit Titanfall, players wage war against their rival factions as both agile pilots, and armored 20-foot mechs known as Titans. The hotly anticipated Titanfall 2 will deliver the frantic action fans have come to love, plus dramatically charged cinematic moments through all-new memorable characters.

McFarlane Toys is well known for delivering top quality figures for the gaming genre including: Halo, Assassin’s Creed and Metal Gear franchises. The upcoming Titanfall figures will be a part of McFarlane’s bold new 2016 Collector Box Program. Each figure will stand seven inches tall, have an average of fifteen points of articulation for incredible poses and play action and feature screen accurate accessories and weapons. The figures will boast the same meticulous level of detail that McFarlane has become known for over the last two decades.

“This is a perfect fit. McFarlane [Toys] was created so I could make cool stuff just like this,” said Todd McFarlane, Owner and CEO of McFarlane Toys. “Without saying too much about the new game… You’re not going to believe where we can take this.”

The McFarlane Toys action figures will be released in conjunction with the highly anticipated launch of Titanfall 2! Fans can visit mcfarlane.com and the McFarlane Toys social media channels for all the latest toy news and visit respawn.com for all the latest upcoming game announcements.

Theorry

Still dont think it will launch in 2016. Battlefield is EA flagship for the end of the year and then Titanfall Q1 for 2017,

EA exec: "They did WHAT? MOTHERF-"

Good to hear it's this year, I imagine unless Activision has laid some serious plans for this year's CoD (which should be IW again), it might be the perfect time to eat CoD's lunch.

Still dont think it will launch in 2016. Battlefield is EA flagship for the end of the year and then Titanfall Q1 for 2017,
I feel like Titanfall and Battlefield page in separate enough corners of the shooter scene to both succeed. Maybe Titanfall in September, Battlefield in November?

Squire

Banned

Pretty sure they said BF, Battlefront, and TitanFall are rotating the "fall shooter" slot from now on. Unless they've already promised a BF for Novembdr, TF could very well be this year's game.

Pretty sure they said BF, Battlefront, and TitanFall are rotating the "fall shooter" slot from now on. Unless they've already promised a BF for Novembdr, TF could very well be this year's game.
Didn't EA's earning report confirm a Battlefield product in 2016, or am I making that up?

Whenever it comes out I'll be there day 1. Titanfall was and still is one of my favorite games of this generation - it's great stuff.

I'd also be down for a decent, not $300+, Stryder figure so bring that on too!

Titanfall is the best shooter from the past few years. Can't wait for the sequel and this excites me because it looks like it's getting close to the reveal.

Theorry

Winter 2016 extends into calendar year 2017. So, I expect this to launch next Feb.

Yeah well winter is december to february officially.
Dont see them release in december really. Not many publishers do that and EA has also BF before that.
Wich is probably october as always. And then Feb 2017 is a big enough gap to Titanfall.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Considering its rumored that Destiny 2 and assassins creed are taking a breather, wouldn't this year be perfect?

Whompa02

Have you played with Tita-ahhh forget it...

I can't wait to actually see the game though, to be honest. I hope they took the criticism and changed the formula up.

mcz117chief

What?! This year? My wallet just had a stroke. This year is packed with the best s*** I have ever seen since I can remember!

Lucreto

If they are going out of their way to merchandise Titanfall 2 I say they will release it in March 2017. It's too similar to Battlefield which will be out this year. Then there is Mass Effect Andromeda, I don't see Titanfall and Mass Effect being released so close to each other. So I see Battlefield and Mass Effect this year and Titanfall 2 in March.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Considering its rumored that Destiny 2 and assassins creed are taking a breather, wouldn't this year be perfect?

Battlefield 5 is the main issue for EA with that unless they intend to launch Titanfall 2 in September, which EA has implied isn't happening.

Nice. I wanted to get an action figure Titan, but they were all way too expensive. At 7 inches, I'd suspect that McFarlane's will be around $20 or so, which is reasonable.

Bolivar687

Banned
That's awesome, now that it's sinking in, this could be one of those sequels that just does astronomical numbers.

September release? To compete with Destiny 2? Though Destiny 2 most likely is delayed to 2017.

I think that'd be smart, with BF5/BC3 in November, since Activision was able to sell both Destiny and Advanced Warfare in those time slots without cutting into eachother.

Actually, yeah. This would put Respawn vs Infinity Ward, which would be a fun bit of competition.

It's going to be fun to watch. Next best thing to the Gran Turismo/Forza showdown we never seem to get. I'm hoping IW really nails it this year too.

Top Bottom