• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mean Girls: The Game | So fetch!

OnPoint

Who in their life hasn't wanted an iOS "tiara-defense" version of the seminal Lindsay Lohan classic Mean Girls? [url="http://somuchdramastudios.com/]So Much Drama Studios[/url] has our back. It's gonna be so grool.

5oEXh8n.png

SO MUCH DRAMA STUDIOS UNVEILS MEAN GIRLS THE GAME, COMING SOON TO IOS

If You Have Ever Felt Personally Victimized by Regina George, This Game is For You

San Rafael, CA – January 14, 2015 – It’s Wednesday, and you know what that means. So Much Drama Studios is proud to reveal the secrets they’ve hidden in their hair with the announcement that the social-mobile game Mean Girls is coming soon to iOS. Continuing last year’s celebration of the 10th anniversary of Paramount Pictures’ hit movie, Mean Girls the game is a funny, frenetic mobile title that captures the spirit of the movie and is the newest extension to the property.

Designed as an easily accessible ‘tiara-defense’ game, Mean Girls finds the original Plastics at peace with their world, when a new upstart Plastics clique attempts to take control of North Shore High School by piecing together the broken Spring Fling Tiara. Players can select from eight of their favorite Mean Girls characters—Cady, Regina, Gretchen, Karen, Janis, Damian, Aaron, and Kevin, each with their own distinct boost abilities—and all the cliques from the cafeteria, to help defeat opponents and complete each level.

“Mean Girls is hilarious, brutal, and endlessly quotable; I absolutely loved watching and re-watching the film,” said Jeff Meador, founder and president, So Much Drama. “The game is rich with the quirky humor, over-the-top high school power struggles, and everything from hilarious lines, peppermint foot cream, to, yes, the Burn Book.”

No matter which clique players belong to, from band geeks and preps to regulation hotties, Mean Girls offers seven different ways to play including gameplay modes such as You Can’t Sit With Us, Social Suicide, She Doesn’t Even Go Here, and The Limit Does Not Exist.

Additional Mean Girls game features include:

• Location, Location, Location: Play through movie-inspired locations such as the North Shore High School Cafeteria, Classroom, Football Field, and the Basketball Court.
  • Power Ups: Collect hump day treats, Kalteen bars, peppermint foot cream, pieces of the tiara, and improve popularity to gain points and boost power ups.
  • Let It Out Honey: Burn your friends on Facebook with your high scores and let them have it in the Burn Book.

WTF is this? The whole mobile gaming thing makes me shake my head.

On another note, thank god LH was 18 in that movie. The thoughts I have when I see that movie... not family friendly at all.

Rembrandt

Banned
somebody should make a fighting game like that scene in the movie where she compares the school to the jungle or whatever. now that would be worth it

AlexBasch

SO MUCH DRAMA Studios is the best name ever.

No Platinum Games, Grasshopper Manufacture or fucking Harmonix.

SO MUCH DRAMA.

On another note, thank god LH was 18 in that movie. The thoughts I have when I see that movie... not family friendly at all.
I was underage back then, had mild naughty thoughts during the movie, but the Jingle Bell Rock was just...woah. :D

Grizzo

Can't wait to try this turd. Seriously Mean Girls is a great movie, why tarnish its reputation with a useless sequel (Mean Girls 2, which was terrible) and this game :(

(I know, I know... money)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
This game will probably sell more than:

Demon's Souls
Dark Souls
Dark Souls II
Bayonetta 2

All combined

So is this like a thing now? Taking cult movies and making iOS games out of them? First Princess Bride and now Mean Girls? What's next? The Goonies?

Top Bottom