• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mech Game Appreciation - Your favorite Robot games

Gojiira

Ring of Red is one of my favourites, alternate history set in Korea where mech technology existed during WW2. So all the mechs look very tanklike, move quite slow and require crew to operate. Really cool game and designs, plays very uniquely as well.
Zone of the Enders has my favourite mech designs though, as well as Metal Gear.
Not enough mech games sadly, Front Mission remakes sadly seem exclusive to the Switch.

begotten

images

SSfox

I'm not that much into Mechs, but i love how it's done in MGS series and GOIT. And also Jack in Tekken series (Not Jack-7 tho, he looks wack with that red hair)

My favorite of all has to be REX.

Last edited:

Doczu

35 replies until we saw mention of a Gungriffon title. Shocking, NeoGaf, absolutely shocking!

Walker on the Amiga was a bit of fun.

More than a bit. Played it when i was a kid on my 500, whenever i have ancitch to emulate the Amiga this is one of the titles i go back to

The MechAssault games on the OG Xbox. I don't remember the names, but there was a small mech that had a cloaking device with a ridiculously powerful dumb-fire weapon that stuck to enemies. I used to love spotting a large, slow mech, cloaking, getting all up in their shit, and giving them a present before running out of the blast radius.

Hearing noobs shriek when their 'powerful' walking bullseyes blew up from the 'worst' mech in the game was a thing of beauty.
Echoing this. Mechassault was a simple to play, no nonsense game with excellent multiplayer. It’s fucking criminal that MS hasn’t revived this game.

Top Bottom