• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medai Create sales May 15-21

Rock_Man

1 PS2 hack//G.U. Vol. 1 - 91,000
2 NDS Brain training 2 - 62,000 (2,281,000)
3 NDS Tetris DS - 51,000 (499,000)
4 NDS Brain training - 45,000 (2,220,000)
5 PS2 Winning Eleven 10 - 45,000 (657,000)
6 NDS Animal Crossing - 33,000 (2,709,000)
7 PS2 Powerful Major League - 33,000 (123,000)
8 NDS English training - 29,000 (1,055,000)
9 NDS Pokemon Ranger - 18,000 (532,000)
10 NDS Mario Kart DS - 16,000 (1,383,000)

DSL 160,182
PSP 24,457
PS2 20,633
DS 16,867
GBASP 6,174
GBM 2,245
Xbox360 1,403
GC 1,051
GBA 25
Xbox 20

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
Dammit. Until DS games stop selling like hotcakes I'm never going to be able to use my industry sales chart image macro. :/

Raw64life

Same old, same old. Chart should look atleast a little different next week with NSMB and a couple of others coming out.

I wonder if Nintendo will just release 2 versions of the inevitable next Brain Age game ala Pokemon.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Poor AC. :(

But yeah, Mario will be coming next week. And hopefully it destroys! Can't wait. :D

RaidenZR

Huh. Wonder how much Nintendo anticipated Pokemon Ranger selling. It's not doing too bad.

Weren't there other major releases this week though? I coulda sworn...

Rock_Man said:

fantastic legs for mario kart! it's sold much better than the GBA one which is a really good sign. especially for those people that keep saying non-games are killing off regular game sales.. whoever it was saying that.. can't remember exactly who.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
metropolis said:
fantastic legs for mario kart! it's sold much better than the GBA one which is a really good sign. especially for those people that keep saying non-games are killing off regular game sales.. whoever it was saying that.. can't remember exactly who.
Tabris, Monorojo, Heian-kyo

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Stormbringer said:
Seems like each week, it's really the RACE to post this topic first :lol . So no wonder the typos and the half-chart...
If that's the case, I've got next week's all ready:

Medai Create sales May 22-28

1 NDS New Super Mario Bros.
2 NDS Brain training 2
3 NDS Tetris DS
4 NDS Brain training
5 NDS Animal Crossing

The rest will come later...

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
who were the people saying that AC wouldn't reached 3 million? :lol

wow I don't think even Nintendo expected this kind of success for AC

Error2k4 said:

I remember when people said that Animal Crossing wouldn't outsell Final Fantasy XII

Burnst

typhonsentra said:
Does Nintendo just limit shipments of Brain Training? Why does it remain at the same level every week?
You can get Brain Training in every Japanese game shop (it's not limited), but there might be a relation between the Brain Training series sales and DS sales..

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Error2k4 said:

If I remember right (and I might not), Miyamoto said AC did about 4 times what Nintendo was expecting. And that was when AC just hit 2 million. :p

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
JJConrad said:
If that's the case, I've got next week's all ready:

Medai Create sales May 22-28

1 NDS New Super Mario Bros.
2 NDS Brain training 2
3 NDS Tetris DS
4 NDS Brain training
5 NDS Animal Crossing

The rest will come later...
But it seems you've got it from next-gen :lol
The correct chart will be something like this:

1. NSMB
2. Brain Training 2
3. Brain Training
4. Tetris
5. Animal Crossing

Rock_Man said:
1 PS2 hack//G.U. Vol. 1 - 91,000
2 NDS Brain training 2 - 62,000 (2,281,000)
3 NDS Tetris DS - 51,000 (499,000)
4 NDS Brain training - 45,000 (2,220,000)
5 PS2 Winning Eleven 10 - 45,000 (657,000)
6 NDS Animal Crossing - 33,000 (2,709,000)
7 PS2 Powerful Major League - 33,000 (123,000)
8 NDS English training - 29,000 (1,055,000)
9 NDS Pokemon Ranger - 18,000 (532,000)

Where's the third party support? I don't see how anyone could consider this a success of any kind.

I'm sure there are at least 2 third party PSP games in the top 50, which will lead to more support from developers, thus more good games which will eventually make the DS obsolete. That's where the true battle is.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
PhoenixDark said:
Where's the third party support? I don't see how anyone could consider this a success of any kind.

I'm sure there are at least 2 third party PSP games in the top 50, which will lead to more support from developers, thus more good games which will eventually make the DS obsolete. That's where the true battle is.
Monorojo has hacked PhoenixDark.

judging by the level of AC, BT's it looks like they are still stockpiling the DSL for the NA/European launches.

Is it still difficult to pick them up at stores?

Error2k4 said:

That game doesn't count; it's a port. SE has actual new Final Fantasy games planned for the PSP. They weren't mentioned at E3, but they're coming. Believe.

The DS has little to no third party sales. When you take Tamigotchi and Nataru out the picture, the numbers are terrible.

PhoenixDark said:

Monster Kingdom, Valkyrie Profile Leenth, and Final Fantasy VII Advent Children sure did help the PSP make the DS obsolete.

Oh wait...

Monster Kingdom, a title was hyped up as a "killer app" for PSP in Japan bombed badly, Valkyrie Profile didn't have the strong legs Children of Mana has, and Final Fantasy VII Advent Children sold best on DVD.

PhoenixDark said:
That game doesn't count; it's a port. SE has actual new Final Fantasy games planned for the PSP. They weren't mentioned at E3, but they're coming. Believe.

The DS has little to no third party sales. When you take Tamigotchi and Nataru out the picture, the numbers are terrible.

You might as well not count any of the ports on PSP either then(Tales of Etereia, Breath of Fire 3, Suikoden 1+2, Valkyrie Profile, etc.)

Top Bottom