• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create 17-23 April

Jonnyram

1. GBA Mother 3 205,914
2. PS2 DQ Yangus 127,502
3. PS2 FFXI Aht Urhgan expansion 75,983
4. DS More Brain Training 70,831 (1,957,633)
5. PSP Dragonball Z 70,559
6. PS2 Okami 60,161
7. DS Brain Training 48,493 (1,977,999)
8. DS Animal Crossing 42,994 (2,505,056)
9. DS Eigo zuke 39,757 (886,471)
10. DS Pokemon Ranger 31,640 (390,641)

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
No 360 games in the top 10? Ouch. Didn't 99-Knights release last week? And it didn't make the top 10? Ouch. This can't be good news for Microsoft's E3 showing... how are they going to address the 99-Knights failure at their press conference? They can' tjust ignore it... can they? This is sure to have bad effects on the 360's western-dev support, being that JPN devs like the one who made 99-Knights(can't remember name) are the thought-leaders of the industry. If the developer who made 99-Nights can't sell its game on 360... who else can?

ioi

Banned
beat me! but no numbers :p

Strong start for Dragonball Z and not bad for Okami.

Animal Crossing continues to slide...

7Th

Monorojo will go mad over DBZ. :lol

Nice to see Mother 3 love... too bad it won't affect Nintendo's choice of publishing it at all.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
CoolTrick said:
Why would you post this without the numbers? How annoying.
Because we want to know the positions first. Numbers can come later!

Glad to see Okami at least in the top 10.

edit: Huzzah numbers are up.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
1. GBA Mother 3 205,914

Haha, Tabris just barely got owned.

Poor Animal crossing. :(

Also, surprised Okami is that high.

Kittonwy

Banned
No love for Okami? T_T

I'm glad the PSP software is back to the top 10.
gladtomeetya.gif

Japan better treat Loco Roco right.
angry.gif

ioi

Banned
disappointing numbers all round really apart from Dragonball.

I can't believe Mother 3 barely outsold Mother 1+2 opening weekend :-(

speedpop

Haha seems like Animal Crossing is still selling consistently at the 40-50K edge.

And looks like the Brain Training games will finally cross the fabled 2M mark. AC finally gone the distance to 2.5M.. only 500K more.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
205k in 3 days for Mother 3 then. I was hoping for a bit higher actually, but good nonetheless.

7Th said:
Monorojo will go mad over DBZ. :lol

Nice to see Mother 3 love... too bad it won't affect Nintendo's choice of publishing it at all.

The DS will kill the PSP in coming months. With Gyukaten Saiben 4, Final Fantasy 3, Tales of the Tempest, Naruto, and more all coming out for 3rd parties. Each will sell over 150,000 or so. All the PSP has is Tekken (which is albiet big) and another Sega Portable Trainer (which is actually pretty big.)

Raw64life

Animal Crossing hits 2.5 million. Brain-Age 1 and Brain-Age 2 will simultaneously hit 2 million next week. English Training will probably hit 1 million the week after. And whoever made that bet about Mother 3 selling less than 200k = owned.

ioi

Banned
jj984jj said:
Awesome Mother 3 sales :D (although I know some expected higher).

I don't mean to piss on everyone's party but 205k is actually a real disappointment for Mother 3 imo.

ioi said:
I don't mean to piss on everyone's party but 205k is actually a real disappointment for Mother 3 imo.
Not when it didn't have many copies to begin with.

AdmiralViscen said:
http://www.strangereaction.com/imagehost/albums/userpics/10129/Blaster_Master.gif[img]

Awesome.[/QUOTE]Better be, took an hour to make ;-).

VerTiGo

Banned
I find it interesting that Pokemon Ranger is still up there. It's like the 2nd traditional DS game to sell big other than Mario Kart DS in Japan. I guess the increasing instal base is helping this of course.

Good to see that the new releases this week managed to take some steam away from the touch generation games but unless we're going to see more new releases next week, I still think we'll see those games on the charts again in high positions. They're consistent sellers.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Archie said:
I just noticed a PSP game outsold Brain Training and Animal Crossing. Monorojo am glee?
I'll start the damage control before he gets here.

It's Dragonball Z, I mean even Bandai's Dragonball Z DS games did well and that's a 3rd party game.
246,000 Dragon Ball Z: Bukuu Ressen (Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2) (Bandai) (12/1/05) - rounded off through Jan 29/06 (Media Create)

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
ioi said:

Yeah, I was expecting at least 400k. Guess it's not wise to use Famitsu as a guage to see how much people are anticipating something. :(

And on second thought, I think it's best that Mono got banned before these sales came.

neo2046

from 2ch

-- X360 Ninety-Nine Nights - 27000 / 27000
-- PSP every people's map - 11000 / 11000
-- PSP Monster Hunter Portable - 7600 / 619000

VerTiGo

Banned
Nah, I think these are strong sales for Mother 3. It doesn't have the largest fanbase. It's just in high demand amongst fanboys. Not to mention, it has debuted at No. 1 so I still think it's got some more time at the top of the charts before it drops off.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Oblivion said:
And on second thought, I think it's best that Mono got banned before these sales came.
Mono got banned? :lol

neo2046 said:
-- X360 Ninety-Nine Nights - 27000 / 27000
:lol

Oh wait, "it's good for the 360."

neo2046 said:
-- PSP Monster Hunter Portable - 7600 / 619000
Wow, that game has still got some legs.

Tabris

Well I predicted Earthbound wouldn't sell over 200k it's first chart, I was wrong by 5k.

So being true to my word, I won't say a single thing about Brain Training, Animal Crossing or the concept of "non-games" again.

It's been fun guys :)

speedpop

marvelharvey said:
539, 839 to go until they break even :(
Looks like that Rev port looks more and more juicier for Capcom, especially if they can somehow do some trickery advertising based upon Twilight Princess' wolf mechanics.

Top Bottom