• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create: 27 FEB ~ 05 MAR

Shalomi

Monorojo said:
Why do you say that? MP:Hunters only sold 125k~ in its first week and its at 550k~ currently. I think VP with the lack of interest from the Japanese PSP owners in all other PSP games can easily have such legs. Perhaps not to that extent but 200k+ is plausible.

Fuck. I think you mean Monster Hunter Portable. You damn near gave me a goddamn heart attack there.

Tabris

jj984jj said:
Ignore Tabris, he has this theory that 3rd party games will never sell on Nintendo systems again because of recent history when cearly DS doesn't follow the pattern of recent Nintendo systems.

Well doesn't this kind of prove it?

I have this thread in my post history and will quote you in a month from now when COM is no longer on the charts and capped at under 250k

aronnov

Banned
jj984jj said:
Why would they?

Just thought they were replacing the DS with the DS lite as an upgrade. thus just keeping the same sku. but i guess it's more like a gameboy to gameboy advance thing. was just curious.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Monorojo+Tabris+Heian-kyo

Worst group of peoples that can be made.
Everyone leaves the thread.

Vargas said:
GameFAQs is that way Link.

Which way now?

Tabris said:

I have this thread in my post history and will quote you in a month from now when COM is no longer on the charts and capped at under 250k

How does this prove it? Slime MoriMori 2 had a bomb of a launch, and sold more in a following week. And it's STILL selling.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
aronnov said:
Just thought they were replacing the DS with the DS lite as an upgrade. thus just keeping the same sku. but i guess it's more like a gameboy to gameboy advance thing. was just curious.
Given that they track the GBA, SP, & Micro as seperate SKUs (as they should), why wouldn't they track the DSL seperately from the DS?

Tabris said:

Not at all. Also, I never said the game would reach 250K. Although it's not as silly as saying VPL could reach 200K because of MHP.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
John Harker said:
What were last weeks sales of MKDS, Animal Crossing, and Brain Training?

I actually expected a bigger spike in these games more than anything - new DS owners gotta grab sumfin'
February 20-26

ACDS - 56,806 (77,000 this week)
BT - 36,723 (51,000 this week)

If you want to know the sales total for MKDS for last week you'll have to wait for Famitsu numbers tomorrow and then next week in order to compare since we only get sales numbers for the top 10 from Media Create each week.

A Link to the Past said:
How does this prove it? Slime MoriMori 2 had a bomb of a launch, and sold more in a following week. And it's STILL selling.
I wouldn't say it's still selling, it was down to number 48 last week and is probably gone for good from the top 50 this week.

Fuzzy said:
I wouldn't say it's still selling, it was down to number 48 last week and is probably gone for good from the top 50 this week.

Well, that's not TERRIBLE. People saw much worse than what CoM did and didn't expect much from SMM2, and it caps at about 270k, and when CoM does 103k, I don't see how people honestly anticipate it can't do 147k more in its lifetime, especially when there's another DS Lite launch coming up.

Fuzzy

A Link to the Past said:
Well, that's not TERRIBLE. People saw much worse than what CoM did and didn't expect much from SMM2, and it caps at about 270k, and when CoM does 103k, I don't see how people honestly anticipate it can't do 147k more in its lifetime, especially when there's another DS Lite launch coming up.
I agree but that doesn't change the fact that it's not still selling. ;)

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
More like Children of Bomba.

But seriously, I thought it was pretty damn good considering it was a third party title. How much were people expecting it to sell, by the by?

And LOL at Hein-kyo for thinking it won't reach 250k.

apotema

I would like to see Mario Kart DS, Tamagotchi, Gentle Brain Training and Nintendogs back in the top 10 to see which one is winning........ I think Mario Kart, but I'm not sure....... also to see their current level, maybe 1.24 million???

Fuzzy

fly high ~ayunite~ said:
How much has AC:WW done worldwide?

Oh well...the fun starts all over again on the 11th when the two other colors go on sale. Yikes! :lol
It hasn't been released in Europe yet and it has done 350K in the US through the end of January so just add that to the amount from Japan. We'll hopefully get the February US data this weekend.

apotema said:
I would like to see Mario Kart DS, Tamagotchi, Gentle Brain Training and Nintendogs back in the top 10 to see which one is winning........ I think Mario Kart, but I'm not sure....... also to see their current level, maybe 1.24 million???
Just wait for cvxfreak's monthly chart.

Rock_Man

neo2046 said:
unofficial

DSL 68000
DS 49000
PSP 43000

I assume those are correct since Dengeki has DSL at 71k.

dspsp3.PNG

neo2046

http://www.dengekionline.com/soft/ranking/ranking.htm

below TOP 10

11 - 2 - PS2 Genso SuikodenV
12 -14 - NDS Mario Kart DS
13 NEW NDS Doraemon DS
14 -12 - PSP Monster Hunter P 21000 (541000)
15 - 3 - PS2 Disgaea 2
16 NEW PS2 Capcom Classic Collection
17 -22- NDS Big Brain Academy
18 -15- PS2 Winning Eleven 9 (Bonus Pack)
19 - 7 - PSP Initial D STREET STAGE- 13000 (64000)

21 NEW PS2 Pop'n Music 12
22 NEW NDS Puzzloop DS - 11000 (11000)
23 NEW PSP Pachiko Slot Simulator ~Osu! Banjo~
24 -21 - NDS Right Brain Expert! Machigai Museum
25 -26 - NDS Tamagotchi DS
26 -----
27 -18 - NDS Eyeshield 21
28 ----
29 -28 - NDS Daredemo Asobi Taizen
30 -29 - NDS Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon DS

31 NEW PSP Eye shield 21 Portable Edition
36 NEW PSP Derby Time 2006
40 -32 - NDS Bleach DS

if Seiken Densetsu DS is Bomba
then these titles are ultra Bomba

Out of Ranking (below 50th)

NEW NDS Daikoukai Jidai IV: Rota Nova (2500)
NEW NDS The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe
NEW PSP Rockman Rockman
NEW PSP PURSUIT FORCE
NEW PSP Blade Dancer

Oblivion said:
Oh, does CoM use Nintendo WFC?

No ;_;

Considering that at times, the multiplayer feels like PSO and could quite easily deal with people exiting/joining halfway through, I'm surprised they didn't bother to implement any online play.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
cvxfreak said:
Damn, Rockman Rockman bombed so badly it isn't even funny.

No joke! With all the hype here. I wonder how much it sold... I bet somebody got fired, or flogged.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
bombman bombman :(

didn't inafune plan to remake a bunch of rockman games? i hope they stick with it long enough to do 2 and 3, at least.

Fuzzy

Non-rounded numbers for Media Create

01 PS2 Gundam Clamix U.C. - 157,036 NEW
02 NDS Seiken Densetsu CoM - 102,555 NEW
03 PS2 Sengoku Musou 2 (Samurai Warrior) - 97,646 (424,944)
04 NDS Braining Age 2 - 90,800 (1,433,557)
05 NDS Animal Crossing WW - 77,346 (2,035,023)
06 PSP Valkyrie Profile - 70,084 NEW
07 PS2 Devil Summoner Kuzunoha Raidou - 63,833 NEW
08 NDS English DS Training - 52,855 (574,427)
09 NDS Braining Age - 51,215 1,641,975
10 PS2 Monster Hunter 2 - 25,527 (442,058)

EDIT: Someone translate 11-30.
http://eg.nttpub.co.jp/ranking.html

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Megabombman, I was kinda hoping they could remake them all though, that way we'd eventually get the inevitable Megaman Megaman Collection for PS3. *sigh*

cvxfreak

Fuzzy said:
Non-rounded numbers for Media Create

01 PS2 Gundam Clamix U.C. - 157,036 NEW
02 NDS Seiken Densetsu CoM - 102,555 NEW
03 PS2 Sengoku Musou 2 (Samurai Warrior) - 97,646 (424,944)
04 NDS Braining Age 2 - 90,800 (1,433,557)
05 NDS Animal Crossing WW - 77,346 (2,035,023)
06 PSP Valkyrie Profile - 70,084 NEW
07 PS2 Devil Summoner Kuzunoha Raidou - 63,833 NEW
08 NDS English DS Training - 52,855 (574,427)
09 NDS Braining Age - 51,215 1,641,975
10 PS2 Monster Hunter 2 - 25,527 (442,058)

EDIT: Someone translate 11-30.
http://eg.nttpub.co.jp/ranking.html

11. Mario Kart DS
12. Monster Hunter Portable
13. Suikoden V
14. Doraemon DS
15. Capcom Classics Collection
16. Disgaea 2
17. Tenkanin
18. Poppn' Music 12 Iroha
19. Initial D Street Stage
20. Daito Giken Pachislot Simulator PSP
21. Yawaraka Atamajuku
22. Neo Angelique
23. Puzzloop
24. WE9 Bonus Pack
25. Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisetchi
26. Derby Time 2006
27. Eyeshield 21 Portable Edition (PSP)
28. Eyeshield 21 MAX DEVIL POWER (DS)
29. Machigai Museum
30. Daredemo Asobi Taizen

so what games have sold more than animal crossing in recent years in japan?

final fantasy and dragon quest i guess? anything else?

Fuzzy

Borys said:
Have to post in bold or nobody will notice it:

HOW ABOUT BATEN KAITOS 2 SALES #s?

Any data?
Last week neo2046 posted the unofficial sales of 15,920 when it ranked 15th. This week it didn't even make the top 30 so I don't think you should expect much more (just over 20K total?).

ziran

Other Nintendo launches:

Feb 10-16 2003
GBASP 114k
GBA 34k previous week 22k

Sept 12-18 2005
GBM 170k
GBASP 11k previous week 9k
GBA 624 previous week 506

If the unofficial figures are correct 117k of DS's is significant because a staggering 49k of them were the original unit! Also the usual decline preceding the launch of a new model never happened (with the exception of the shortages).

It's difficult to appreciate the extent of the demand for the DS in Japan, as no such shortages exist elsewhere, especially here in the UK, but it's clearly at cataclysmic levels!

The other interesting things in the chart are the sales of the Eyeshield 21 games. I think the way Nintendo orchestrated Jump Super Stars was a brilliant strategy. Grabbing the manga/anime crowd so early has paid off, with DBZ being a big hit and Bleach, Eyeshield 21 selling pretty well.

It's a shame Nintendo wasn't able to ship more DS Lites, but things are moving well and I imagine Nintendo's biggest concern is getting through the backlog, and having enough units available for Golden Week, which looks to be on track.

Mana has sold well, about what I expected and another excellent performance from the Brain Training games and English Training.

edit - and Animal Crossing passing 2 million is a wonderful thing :)

cvxfreak

It's shocking to think that AC has yet to drop below 40K and maybe even 50K. With supply and demand for the DS to be high over the next month, it may reach 2.5 Million or hell, maybe even 3 Million over the next two or three months, which is pretty shocking. As of right now, about 1/3 DS owners own a copy of the game.

Top Bottom