Media Create Charts - 5/31-6/6/04

Jun 7, 2004
31,867
1
1,520
Tokyo
www.twitter.com
#1
SOFTWARE

Place. [System] Game Name (Publisher) - This Week / 2004 Total

1. [PlayStation 2] Jissen Pachislot: Fist of the North Star (Sammy) - 119,047 / 468,195
2. [PlayStation 2] Super Robot Taisen MX (Banpresto) - 62,251 / 447,113
3. [PlayStation 2] Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (Capcom) - 38,514 / 344,814
4. [GameCube] Pikmin 2 (Nintendo) - 32,497 / 324,694
5. [GameCube] Wario World (Nintendo) - 21,026 / 69,398
6. [GameBoy Advance] Metroid Zero Mission (Nintendo) - 14,081 / 51,477
7. [GameBoy Advance] Famicom Mini: Ganbare Goemon (Nintendo) - 12,062 / N/A
8. [PlayStation 2] Atelier no Iris: Eternal Mana (Gust) - 11,810 / 54,476
9. [GameBoy Advance] Hoshi no Kirby: Kagami no Daimeikyuu (Nintendo) - 11,713 / N/A
10. [PlayStation 2] Pachislot Tokondensho: Inoki Festival (Success) - 11,288 / 130,288

HARDWARE

Place. System - This Week (Last Week) / 2004 Total

1. PlayStation 2 - 29,406 (38,957) / 1,318,309
2. GameBoy Advance SP - 24,838 (29,202) / 1,304,595
3. GameCube - 5,020 (5,342) / 378,024
4. GameBoy Advance - 2,208 (2,505) / 148,140
5. Xbox - 574 (802) / 20,079
6. PSone - 299 (299) / N/A
7. Swan Crystal - 73 (76) / N/A
 
Jun 9, 2004
926
0
0
#2
What's with this N/A business? Darn Media Create! ;) I wonder how much the original Pikmin sold. At this pace, Pikmin 2 looks like it may have a chance to catch it.
 
Jun 7, 2004
74,677
2
1,405
#3
Kinda surprised at the low sales of Metroid. Fusion did somewhat well, from what I remember. Pikmin 2 sure has some legs. Should hit 400,000. Maybe 450,000. Still don't think it'll beat 500,000 Pikmin did though.

GTA VC's doing very well for itself. I think hardware sales will pretty much stay the same for all consoles until about July when more games hit.
 
Jun 7, 2004
31,867
1
1,520
Tokyo
www.twitter.com
#5
I think GameCube sales may pick up again with the re-release of the Enjoyment Plus Pack, in which Nintendo are making an additional 50,000 units to ship sometime this month. Although I bet if the Japanese GameCube weren't $30 more expensive than the American one, then it would be doing a bit better than it currently is.
 

NWO

Member
Jun 8, 2004
1,190
0
0
#6
CVXFREAK said:
I think GameCube sales may pick up again with the re-release of the Enjoyment Plus Pack, in which Nintendo are making an additional 50,000 units to ship sometime this month. Although I bet if the Japanese GameCube weren't $30 more expensive than the American one, then it would be doing a bit better than it currently is.
I thought that they said at E3 that they were getting a price cut in Japan on the Cubes.
 
Jun 6, 2004
3,408
0
0
35
#7
Pikmin 2 seems to be doing fine.. it could easily surpass my estimation of 400k

July should be a better month for GC

June will be very good for PS2 with Xenosaga II, Silent Hill 4 and many more
 
Jun 10, 2004
3,507
2
1,270
#8
AniHawk said:
Kinda surprised at the low sales of Metroid. Fusion did somewhat well, from what I remember. Pikmin 2 sure has some legs. Should hit 400,000. Maybe 450,000. Still don't think it'll beat 500,000 Pikmin did though.

GTA VC's doing very well for itself. I think hardware sales will pretty much stay the same for all consoles until about July when more games hit.
You expect another Metroid to do well when others before it wasn't at all popularity?... if anything, it should dropped in units with each installment.
 
Jun 7, 2004
74,677
2
1,405
#9
Dark Dragon said:
You expect another Metroid to do well when others before it wasn't at all popularity?... if anything, it should dropped in units with each installment.
Metroid Prime had 80,000, and Fusion had over 100,000. I expected ZM to at least hit Prime's sales. Besides, the original version sold 1,000,000 in Japan.
 
Jun 7, 2004
30,398
1
0
37
Orange County, CA
#10
king zell said:
Pikmin 2 seems to be doing fine.. it could easily surpass my estimation of 400k

July should be a better month for GC

June will be very good for PS2 with Xenosaga II, Silent Hill 4 and many more
XSep2 sales will be interesting to say the least.

Last time ep1 opened with around 270k, dropping off at around 400k and Namco felt it underperformed.

Now they've tried mainstreaming the series a bit in order to appeal to a bigger market and are hoping it sells closer to what they wanted for ep1.

Will ep2 break 500k? Or will it be a total bomb at <200k? Hmm, should be interesting.
 
Jun 7, 2004
85,527
1
0
#11
I figure Xenosaga 2 will put up numbers atleast on par with the original, maybe a little more. It really just depends on how much they've changed it. They've said in several interviews that they'd cut back on the cutscenes and fix some other things that fans complained about so if they do that it could sell more or it could hurt the sales because it's not appealing to the fans that liked all the heavy cutscene and story driven game design.
 
Jun 7, 2004
30,398
1
0
37
Orange County, CA
#13
I don't think they are "cutting back on the cutscenes" rather than they are getting rid of the 20-30 min cutscenes and just having more 10 min cutscenes in their place.

Based on the playable demo and the trailers, the game should still have an incredibly large amount of cutscenes to tell its story.
 
Jun 7, 2004
85,527
1
0
#14
Yah it'll probably just be the larger ones. But Kojima also said MGS3's cutscenes will be cut back, but the E3 demo was very cutscene heavy frlom what I read. He's just said that once you play the full game you won't have your gameplay interrupted too often. So Xenosaga might be like that.

Xenosaga 2 still loses points for not having Mitsuda on board. There's no excuse for it especially with how good his Shadow Hearts 2 music is. Not to discount how awesome Kajiura is or anything, but Xeno should've stayed as Mitsuda's series.
 
Jun 7, 2004
30,398
1
0
37
Orange County, CA
#15
SolidSnakex said:
Xenosaga 2 still loses points for not having Mitsuda on board. There's no excuse for it especially with how good his Shadow Hearts 2 music is. Not to discount how awesome Kajiura is or anything, but Xeno should've stayed as Mitsuda's series.
Yea, I don't think anyone on the XS team doubts Mitsuda's quality and Mitsuda does really want to work on XS more. It's just the politics of Takahashi getting his project pulled out of his hands by the suits at Namco which most likely brought on the ditching of Mitsuda. If Takahashi ever gets XS back under his total control again, I'd reckon Mitsuda will be doing the music whether it's a game, audio drama, or anime series.