• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create figures - June 19 to June 25

Bo130

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Ioi said that it is the 6th best 5th-week ever, isn't it?

Yes, second only to DKC1+2, Pokémon 2nd and 3rd Generation and Animal Crossing: Wild World :D. NSMB FTW

i think FFIII has a good chance of pushing atleast 1.3 Million units in 5 weeks. this game is definitely another hardware salesman as far as japan is concerned.

pink ds around the corner. not to mention the numbers DS is already doing.

sharkie

17 NDS Gyakuten Saiban: Yomigaeru Gyakuten (Best Price) (Capcom) - 7,991 (18,738)

Does the "best price" edition still have the english option???

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
New Super Mario Bros.'s performance is amazing. Ioi said that it is the 6th best 5th-week ever, isn't it ?

It would be interesting to know what is the % of the Software sold for Nintendo DS in comparison to the rest.
That's why we know that Nintendo DS's Hardware has the 75-80% of the market in Japan, since the end of shortages, but it is unknown his Software's market share.
There is still DS shortages in Japan.

sharkie said:
17 NDS Gyakuten Saiban: Yomigaeru Gyakuten (Best Price) (Capcom) - 7,991 (18,738)

Does the "best price" edition still have the english option???
I've read so, according to play-asia.

Just curious, how do you guys think Crisis Core will sell?

kia said:
There is still DS shortages in Japan.

What ? I didn't know. With DS's sales under 200k pro week, I was almost sure that shortages were finished...

But with the launch of Nintendo DS Lite in USA and Europe, perhaps you're right. And the sales of the original Nintendo DS are not regular, so we can suppose that there are still shortages.

sharkie

Mr. Pointy said:
I've read so, according to play-asia.

Just curious, how do you guys think Crisis Core will sell?

Thanks mate you're a star
_+880____________________________
_++88____________________________
_++88____________________________
__+880_________________________+++
__+888________________________+888
__++880______________________+888
__++888_____+++88__________+++8__
__++8888__+++8880++888___+++88___
__+++8888+++8880++8888__++888____
___++888++8888+++888888++888_____
___++88++8888++8888888++888______
___++++++888888888888888888______
____++++++88888888888888888______
____++++++++000888888888888______
_____+++++++000088888888888______
______+++++++00088888888888______
_______+++++++088888888888_______
_______+++++++088888888888_______
________+++++++8888888888________
________+++++++0088888888________

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
wow NSMB must have hit 2m already by now and is still selling 100k+ every week. We're not even in a busy time of year. I fear what is going to happen when summer is gone.

AniHawk

MrSardonic said:
wow NSMB must have hit 1.85m already by now and is still selling 100k+ every week. We're not even in a busy time of year. I fear what is going to happen when summer is gone.
Fixed.

starship

AniHawk said:
wow NSMB must have hit 1.85m already by now and is still selling 170k+ every week. We're not even in a busy time of year. I fear what is going to happen when summer is gone.
Fixed

AniHawk

Magicpaint said:
When he means 'by now', he probably means NOW as in June 29, not June 19-25.

When you factor that in, then 2 million isn't so far off. :p

Oh. I'm in a pissy mood, so I'm taking it out on everyone. Especially all of you.

AniHawk

Scalemail Ted said:
Mario is Selling awesome, I guess these sales will reaffirm that we will see 'New Super Mario Brothers 2'

I hope NSMB 2 is like Lost Levels SMB2 where it's the same stuff but harder. NSMB 3 should bring back flying stuff though.

AniHawk said:
I hope NSMB 2 is like Lost Levels SMB2 where it's the same stuff but harder. NSMB 3 should bring back flying stuff though.
Exactly, the levels should be built around needing to do triple jumps, butt stomps and wall hops to progress. You should need a use for the blue shell as well.

AniHawk

Mr. Pointy said:
Exactly, the levels should be built around needing to do triple jumps, butt stomps and wall hops to progress. You should need a use for the blue shell as well.

The blue shell was my quickest cause of death in NSMB. Freakin' worthless. I lived more from the mini mushroom than that damned blue shell. They should have it so you can manually do that spin attack thing.

AniHawk said:
The blue shell was my quickest cause of death in NSMB. Freakin' worthless. I lived more from the mini mushroom than that damned blue shell. They should have it so you can manually do that spin attack thing.

I never even had the Blue Shell that many times, but I remember dying whenever I did. Not really a great power-up, though it makes swimming a bit easier.

Really back up the maual spin attack idea, would make the blue shell a LOT better.

AniHawk said:

I'd purposely get hit if I had that 'power up' just to lose it. No wonder Mario can single handedly take out an army of Koopa troopers... they effin suck.

ss_smb3_19.gif

A much Better Koopa Power up!

AniHawk

sharkie said:
Its ok, isn't it like around 5 am where you are, you must be really cranky by now
cranky.gif

It's 3:35. I went to bed at 11 and woke up at 2. When I saw the clock, I thought it was almost 6:00 for some reason, so I decided to stay up. I'm so disappointed the day is even LONGER now.

sharkie

AniHawk said:
It's 3:35. I went to bed at 11 and woke up at 2. When I saw the clock, I thought it was almost 6:00 for some reason, so I decided to stay up. I'm so disappointed the day is even LONGER now.
ahh thats ok here watch THIS and it'll make you feel all better

Bleh at VPS, not big rpg franchise confirmed. Just 3 >500k rpg series makes me sad :(

Magical Vacation 2 bleh x2 :/ (what were the first one numbers?)

Isn't it already time for japanese to buy all the brain games they want and then STOP please? I want to see more interesting charts please.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
So I guess NSMB will hit 2M next week with Animal Crossing WW hitting 3M within the next month finally.

Tabris

Finally a chart with some non-DS games and guess what everyone responds with:

"zzzz yawn, boring chart" or "fun fact: if you exclude new games (which are non-ds games), 9 games out of 10 are DS".

Is there anyone on this board that isn't a hardcore nbot or do they all avoid these threads except for me?

Am I the only one who wonders how Nintendo will be able to keep the DS in stock when Pokemon D/P releases, and through the holiday season? They are already selling out everything they can ship to Japan, how will they be able to stockpile them for these major releases?

This fall is going to be crazy...

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Clever Pun said:
Am I the only one who wonders how Nintendo will be able to keep the DS in stock when Pokemon D/P releases, and through the holiday season? They are already selling out everything they can ship to Japan, how will they be able to stockpile them for these major releases?

This fall is going to be crazy...
pikmin are gonna have to work overtime

AniHawk

Tabris said:

"zzzz yawn, boring chart" or "fun fact: if you exclude new games (which are non-ds games), 9 games out of 10 are DS".

Is there anyone on this board that isn't a hardcore nbot or do they all avoid these threads except for me?

GUESS WHAT, ARCHIE! YOU JUST GOT UPGRADED TO "EVERYONE" STATUS!

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Scalemail Ted said:
I'd purposely get hit if I had that 'power up' just to lose it. No wonder Mario can single handedly take out an army of Koopa troopers... they effin suck.
Man, I thought I was the only one who hated the blue shell. Worst new power-up ever.

The small mushroom, on the other hand, is actually used very well in the game, and is fun to use, too.

Tabris said:

ADMIT IT. You are happy Sony's Brain game made it to the Top 10!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Tabris said:

You are the sole beacon of light in these dark days of non games. Fight the good fight, my friend!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
FF games in Japan sell a ton up-front though. It is unusual for them to have tremendous legs, isn't it?

That COULD have to do with kind of saturating the market within the first week, but FFXII sold like 1.8 mil and then had a tremendous dropoff. I think SE said it's at 2.34 mil now, so it has had some sort of legs.

I predict huge first week sales and then maybe a slow climb. If it doesn't sell 1 mil it's first week though, it's either not going to (unless it is close anyway) or buck the trend.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I am guessing that FFIII will barely, if at all, pass 1 million. It will be called a bomb by GAF and brain training games will be blamed once again even though the average brain training consumer wouldn't give FFIII a second look.

imastalker co. said:
i think FFIII has a good chance of pushing atleast 1.3 Million units in 5 weeks. this game is definitely another hardware salesman as far as japan is concerned.

pink ds around the corner. not to mention the numbers DS is already doing.

Don't forget Pokemon!!

jarrod

Banned
FF3's going to easily outsell all previous FF reamkes/rereleases. It'll be more comparable to the console DQ remakes in performance (so between 1-2 million).

starship

jarrod said:
FF3's going to easily outsell all previous FF reamkes/rereleases. It'll be more comparable to the console DQ remakes in performance (so between 1-2 million).
QFT

Rock_Man

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
New Super Mario Bros.'s performance is amazing. Ioi said that it is the 6th best 5th-week ever, isn't it ?

It would be interesting to know what is the % of the Software sold for Nintendo DS in comparison to the rest.
That's why we know that Nintendo DS's Hardware has the 75-80% of the market in Japan, since the end of shortages, but it is unknown his Software's market share.

Famitsu gives the % every week. Here are the weeks that follow the release of NSMB.

DS --PSP --GBA --PS2 --GC --X360
72 -- 8,2 -- 2,1 -- 16,8 -- 0,6 -- 0,3 <--- New SMB release
67,5 --9,7 -- 3,1 -- 18,5 -- 0,8 -- 0,4 <--- second week
58,7 --9,4 -- 3 -- 27,6-- 0,8 -- 0,4 <--- third week

Y2Kevbug11 said:
FF games in Japan sell a ton up-front though. It is unusual for them to have tremendous legs, isn't it?

That COULD have to do with kind of saturating the market within the first week, but FFXII sold like 1.8 mil and then had a tremendous dropoff. I think SE said it's at 2.34 mil now, so it has had some sort of legs.

I predict huge first week sales and then maybe a slow climb. If it doesn't sell 1 mil it's first week though, it's either not going to (unless it is close anyway) or buck the trend.

I think FFIII will have better legs than most FFs - just as Children of Mana and other DS games have. They won't be NSMB good, but they will be respectable. On the whole I predict 1 million easily, and wouldn't be surprised by more (assuming the game kicks as much ass as it appears to)

ethelred

Terrell said:
I said this in another thread and I'll say it here...

Magical Vacation came out the exact same day as Valkyrie Profile Silmeria. RPG gamers were getting their itch scratched somewhere else. Nintendo would have been better off releasing this 2 weeks earlier or later.

There have been plenty of cases of multiple RPGs launching on the same day and both (or even more, if there are more than two) seeing good sales. The most recent one I can think of would be Dragon Quest Yangus and Mother 3, both of which had very solid launches. Blaming it on the VP2 launch is just spinning.

Face it, Magical Vacation 2's numbers are hugely disappointing and very, very bad. It's a horrible result for the game considering how good it looked, that it was well reviewed, and taking the very good sales of the first game (~269,000) into account. Massive bombing on what should've been a great selling RPG for the system.

jesusraz said:
'Tis true, I'm afraid. I'm eager to get my hands on the game as I loved the GBA version. However, despite the 1/4 million GBA sales it has totally failed to light up the chart. Even Starfy 4 did better, and that bombed in comparison to its GBA versions as well! Plus that Hamtaro spin-off last year died...Not looking good for some of the solid GBA games.

more than anything else, this may show that there is still a huge sector of the GBA audience that hasn't made the move over to the DS. Once pokemon D/P hits, this will change, of course. It may be too late for these early sequels, but it's possible they could end up having decent sales in the long run.

Tabris said:

True, we are all nbots, but I'm thinking you avoid these threads because all the good DS news makes you sad as opposed to because of the nbots.

Tabris said:

It amuses me how much these threads hurt you every week. Deep down. In your business.

Top Bottom