• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Numbers 6/28-7/4/04

cvxfreak

SOFTWARE

1 | PS2 | J.LEAGUE Pro Soccer Club o Tsukuruu 04 | Sega | 56,012 / 271,219
2 | PS2 | Gacha Maker Stadium | SCE | 37,575 / 35,575
3 | PS2 | Xenosaga Episode II | Namco | 32,492 / 218,899
4 | GC | Donkey Konga 2: Hit Song Parade | Nintendo | 32,188 / 32,188 (excluding 1 + 2 Pack)
5 | PS2 | Demon Bane | ??? | 28,561 / 28,561
6 | PS2 | Jissen Pachislot Hisshouhou! Hokuto no Ken | Sammy | 25,543 / 642,432
7 | PS2 | Monkey Turn V | Bandai | 17,478 / 17,478
8 | GBA | Dragon Quest Characters: Toruneko Advance | Square Enix | 16,789 / 62,969
9 | GBA | Super Donkey Kong 2 | Nintendo | 14,907 / 14,907
10 | PS2 | Smash COurt Pro Tournament 2 | Namco | 12,494 / 12,494

HARDWARE

1 | Nintendo | GameBoy Advance SP | 30,905 / 1,414,560
2 | Sony | PlayStation 2 | 27,790 / 1,429,327
3 | Nintendo | GameCube | 4,835 / 397,072
4 | Nintendo | GameBoy Advance | 1,930 / 156,865
5 | Microsoft | Xbox | 302 / 22,037
6 | Sony | 104 / N/A
7 | Bandai | Swan Crystal | 83 / N/A

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
First time I've looked at a Japan chart in several months. The market really is dieing. Or at least for this gen.

Rhindle

teh_pwn said:
First time I've looked at a Japan chart in several months. The market really is dieing. Or at least for this gen.
Well, the market for Pachislot games is apparently red-hot.

Culex

Banned
4 | GC | Donkey Konga 2: Hit Song Parade | Nintendo | 32,188 / 32,168 (excluding 1 + 2 Pack)

Something isn't adding up here.

cvxfreak

Culex said:
4 | GC | Donkey Konga 2: Hit Song Parade | Nintendo | 32,188 / 32,168 (excluding 1 + 2 Pack)

Something isn't adding up here.

My bad, it's 32,188 I believe.

Estimates have the bundle pack for DKA at 16,000 or so based on Dengeki's numbers.

Bebpo

Banned
Dark Dragon said:
LOL, 600,000 target is ever harder to reach.

:\ I kinda doubt it will pass 300k before it drops off the top50.

So again Namco will be disappointed with the Japanese sales, and again it will be up to the US sales for if they green light ep3 :(

So in other words, BUY THE US VERSION PLZ :p

cvxfreak

Yeah, Xenosaga II is definitely bombing. I'm not sure on game quality, so I'm not sure if its a good thing or not.

AniHawk

almokla said:
I don't think anything will make GC sales get any better ..

This year they probably will if Nintendo lowers the price to what would be relative to $99.99 to them. Plus, Nintendo racks up most of the sales at the end of the year anyhow. Didn't they sell something like 400,000 GCs in the final two months of 2003?

Anyway, Mario Party 6 will probably be a huge holiday seller in Japan. Maybe Fire Emblem, too. RE4 should do well, and Paper Mario might boost hardware later this month.

cvxfreak

AniHawk said:
This year they probably will if Nintendo lowers the price to what would be relative to $99.99 to them. Plus, Nintendo racks up most of the sales at the end of the year anyhow. Didn't they sell something like 400,000 GCs in the final two months of 2003?

Anyway, Mario Party 6 will probably be a huge holiday seller in Japan. Maybe Fire Emblem, too. RE4 should do well, and Paper Mario might boost hardware later this month.

I highly suggest Nintendo drop the price to 10,000 Yen even. Then it should be able to sell a bit more in the short term.

AniHawk

CVXFREAK said:
I highly suggest Nintendo drop the price to 10,000 Yen even. Then it should be able to sell a bit more in the short term.

I'm not sure about the Japanese pricing system, but I think they'd drop it to 9800 yen. Right now in Japan it's at 14400 yen ($132) AFAIK. If it itsn't 14400 yen, then it's 16800 yen ($154).

cvxfreak

It's straight 14,000 Yen. I bought a Spice GC two weeks ago for 13333 Yen due to duty free shopping. 4000 Yen isn't much by Japanese income standards, but it can convince some Japanese people to buy the system. Similarly it would be brilliant to price the Enjoyment Plus Pack at 14000 Yen (with the new controller). This would help stabalize the system's sales at 10K per week. It's interesting how last year started out terrible for GC but got better at the middle and end... while its currently the opposite for 2004.

AniHawk

CVXFREAK said:
It's straight 14,000 Yen. I bought a Spice GC two weeks ago for 13333 Yen due to duty free shopping. 4000 Yen isn't much by Japanese income standards, but it can convince some Japanese people to buy the system. Similarly it would be brilliant to price the Enjoyment Plus Pack at 14000 Yen (with the new controller). This would help stabalize the system's sales at 10K per week. It's interesting how last year started out terrible for GC but got better at the middle and end... while its currently the opposite for 2004.

Well besides Pikmin, Nintendo hasn't had a single game to perform well saleswise. FS+, DK2, MGSTTS, and Custom Robo have all bombed. I'm thinking Paper Mario might do better (sales of 300,000 at least) being a Mario game and an RPG. I think it's Nintendo's last big game there unless Star Fox is hitting Japan in the summer before the big fall games hit.

Culex

Banned
CVXFREAK said:

It's probably asking too much, but do you know what the GC was at in hardware sales, this time last year in Japan?

Doogdogg

Bebpo said:
:\ I kinda doubt it will pass 300k before it drops off the top50.

So again Namco will be disappointed with the Japanese sales, and again it will be up to the US sales for if they green light ep3 :(

So in other words, BUY THE US VERSION PLZ :p

I smell GameCube port like Tales of Symphonia when it failed their expectation! :D

AniHawk

Dark Dragon said:
I smell GameCube port like Tales of Symphonia when it failed their expectation! :D

I expected a BK port before a ToS port to be honest. Surprised it hasn't happenend already, though apparently the idea of BK on the DS is being toyed around with.

Jumpman

Culex said:
It's probably asking too much, but do you know what the GC was at in hardware sales, this time last year in Japan?

It's never to much to ask.

June 30- July 6

Weekly 2003 Total

GCN 13,900 333,900

apujanata

Culex said:

According to M-create, the sales is around 333,300 by July 6.

Alcibiades

Wow, Nintendo is still ahead of last year's total thanks to a strong end in Q4 which kinda rubbed off a bit in early January...

now though, they are going to get behind unless they have something out that will move systems...

Some of their games will help keep things stable, and maybe move things to 10,000 for a couple of weeks, but last year they had Tales of Symphonia to help them in summer, and then the trio of Pokemon Colosseum, Double Dash, and Mario Party 5 to help them in Christmas (3 strong multiplayer games)...

this year, it's pretty bare...

cvxfreak

Nintendo's best hopes for the winter is Fire Emblem, Star Fox, Mario Party 6, BioHazard 4 and hopefully Mario Tennis. It probably won't be as good for XMas GC as it was amazingly last year.

Travado

8 | GBA | Dragon Quest Characters: Toruneko Advance | Square Enix | 16,789 / 62,969

Wow, this is the first Dragon Quest related game that bombs in the charts? I know that it isn't a true Dragon Quest game, but all games with Dragon Quest in the name sold very well, but this bombed!

Travado said:

Wow, this is the first Dragon Quest related game that bombs in the charts? I know that it isn't a true Dragon Quest game, but all games with Dragon Quest in the name sold very well, but this bombed!

Well the last one only did 181k on the GBA (the last PS2 Torneko did over 500k), so it's not so bad when you go by it's GBA standard.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"Wow, this is the first Dragon Quest related game that bombs in the charts? I know that it isn't a true Dragon Quest game, but all games with Dragon Quest in the name sold very well, but this bombed!"

it's an awesome game, but it seems to be around 6000 yen everywhere!

that's just too much cash for a GBA game, probably putting a lot of people off given the speed that game prices are dropping these days.

NWO

Jumpman said:
It's never to much to ask.

June 30- July 6

Weekly 2003 Total

GCN 13,900 333,900

Wow so the Cube is doing better than last year. Didn't think that was possible with the 4,000+ a week they've been doing.

It's pretty much what efralope said; their January sales were pretty strong. If we were to look at the numbers from February onward, I'm pretty sure this year would be slower. There have been an awful lot of sub-5000 weeks.

jarrod

Banned
Travado said:

Funny enough, Torneko 3 GBA seems to be only game in the top ten keeping pace with it's prequel. Even Sega's usually strong Tsukuruu seems to be faltering a bit, not to mention Xenosaga II's huge drop.

cvxfreak

JoshuaJSlone said:
Since they've both dropped out of the top 10 it's impossible to see how the enjoyable Pikmin 2 VS Vice City battle is going.

According to Famitsu its Pikmin 2 in the lead.

SantaC

42 バテン・カイトス 終わらない翼と失われた海
Baten Caitos: Owaranai Tsubasa to Ushinawareta Umi ナムコ/モノリスソフト
Namco/Monolith Soft RPG
7,140 03/12/05 47,060 73.05% 64,422

wow did Baten Kaitos only sell 64,422 copies up till now?

Top Bottom