• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Numbers 7/12-7/18/04

cvxfreak

SOFTWARE

1 [PlayStation 2 - Konami] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 11 - 205,315 / 205,315
2 [PlayStation 2 - Atlus] Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner - 92,216 / 92,216
3 [GameCube - Konami] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 11 - 47,809 / 47,809
4 [GameBoy Advance - Banpresto] Gold Gashbell - 21,646 / 21,646
5 [PlayStation 2 - Sammy] Jissen Pachislot: Fist of the North Star - 20,042 / 684,535
6 [PlayStation 2 - Sega] Let's make a J.League Pro Soccer Club! '04 - 19,496 / 317,956
7 [GameBoy Advance - Nintendo] Tottoko Hamtaro: Ham Ham Sports - 18,240 / 18,240
8 [PlayStation 2 - SCE] Gacha Mecha Stadium Saruvatore - 13,641 / 71,541
9 [PlayStation 2 - Hackberry] CE Pachinko Yellow Club - 9,197 / 9,197
10 [PlayStation 2 - Namco] Kotoba no Puzzle: Moji Pittan - 9,041 / 9,041

HARDWARE

1 [SCE] PlayStation 2 - 37,871 (1,498,832)
2 [Nintendo] GameBoy Advance SP - 30,217 (1,471,493)
3 [Nintendo] GameCube - 4,684 (407,303)
4 [Nintendo] GameBoy Advance - 1,891 (160,521)
5 [Sony] PSone - 276 (12,460)
6 [Microsoft] Xbox - 272 (22,235)
7 [Bandai] SwanCrystal - 57 (NA)

PSONE WINNING BY 4 ****ing units.

AniHawk

Damn GC sales are awful. It's been months since they've been in the 10k region. Still doing better than last year, but that's because they had a kickass first week (154k sold).

cvxfreak

Talk about polar opposites. GC looked like it had a promising year in Japan but everything fell apart in March.

PM2 should pull the GC up to atleast 15k. The GC releases are just too few and far between to keep a consistant number like the PS2 and GBA.

Alcibiades

CVXFREAK said:
Talk about polar opposites. GC looked like it had a promising year in Japan but everything fell apart in March.

true, I hope overall Australiasia numbers aren't dragged down YTD because Paper Mario 2 is really the biggest hope for the next few months. Pikmin 2 didn't really do as much in terms of moving hardware as I'd hoped...

Alcibiades

Heliocentric said:
Jeez man, Nintendo needs to make some changes regarding how they do things.
To go from the snes, to n64 and now this is really sad.

actually, the GCN has a decent shot at outselling the N64, especially with Paper Mario 2, Resident Evil 4, and Mario Party 6 still to come...

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Heliocentric said:
The GC will probably end up selling better than the N64 did in Japan -- the N64 actually did quite badly there.

ge-man

Heliocentric said:

How do you propose that they do that? Games don't materialize out of thin air. And it's not like Nintendo or MS are not busting their asses behind the scenes to try to get third parties on board.

This isn't a whole lot that can be done this generation that will yield immediate results.

ge-man said:
How do you propose that they do that? Games don't materialize out of thin air. And it's not like Nintendo or MS are not busting their asses behind the scenes to try to get third parties on board.

This isn't a whole lot that can be done this generation that will yield immediate results.

Thank you! It's good to know I'm not the only one who feels this way. Nintendo and MS aren't just sitting around, but it's very difficult to compete with the PS2, especially at this stage. Tip your cap to Sony. For Nintendo and Microsoft, it's clear that their biggest efforts are already being put towards their next consoles.

----

Banned
God it must suck to be a gamer in Japan. Between PC, GBA, PS2, XBOX, and GC we have so much more choice here.

Have we any first day sales for Paper Mario yet? It's on top in the daily charts, don't we normally get first day sales on a Friday.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
---- said:
God it must suck to be a gamer in Japan. Between PC, GBA, PS2, XBOX, and GC we have so much more choice here.
?

People still have all of these choices in Japan. They just choose differently than Americans do.

Doogdogg

CVXFREAK said:
6 [Microsoft] Xbox - 272 (22,235)

+

oprah3smaw.jpg

=

pwned!!

jarrod

Banned
Those Power Pro sales are great for first week (on both GC & PS2). It'll probably end up the best selling game in the series yet this gen.

Hamtaro, Soccer Tsukurou and DDS sadly all look like they won't catch their predecessors in sales though. :/

Li Mu Bai

Banned
Based on Nintendo's announced upcoming JPN release list, (Starfox 2, Fire Emblem, Mario Party 6, Donkey Konga, Mario Tennis, & possibly RE4) a million units sold again in JPN is basically a given. Not to mention the surprise titles they hinted at, or any additional 3rd party exclusives. (which is what I think Nintendo was referring to) Btw, how well does the FE series sell over there? jarrod or anyone?

ferricide

jarrod said:
Hamtaro, Soccer Tsukurou and DDS sadly all look like they won't catch their predecessors in sales though. :/
quite sad about DDS. i am worried about its potential here as well.

SIGH.

cvxfreak

LMB: No problem at all.

GG: I think BioHazard 4 will become the best selling third party game in Japan (eclipsing Naruto 2/BioHazard Zero), ahead of Fire Emblem. Fire Emblem is big in Japan, but not HUGE.

Doogdogg

CVXFREAK said:
LMB: No problem at all.

GG: I think BioHazard 4 will become the best selling third party game in Japan (eclipsing Naruto 2/BioHazard Zero), ahead of Fire Emblem. Fire Emblem is big in Japan, but not HUGE.

Those RE and RE0 sold 400,000 each or around that right? RE4 probably sells 600,000 copies, my estimate.

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
How the future landscape of Japanese publishing shook out for that week's top ten:

1 Konami - 253,124 units
2 Atlus - 92,216 units
3 Sega Sammy - 39,538 units
4 Banpresto - 21,646 units
5 Nintendo - 18,240 units
6 SCE - 13,641 units
7 Hackberry - 9,197 units
8 Namco - 9,041 units

Top Bottom