• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Numbers: 7/26 - 8/1/04

cvxfreak

SOFTWARE

1. (GameBoy Advance - Square Enix) Final Fantasy I + II Advance - 149,397 / 149,397
2. (GameCube - Nintendo) Paper Mario RPG - 51,297 / 210,719
3. (PlayStation 2 - Bandai) ONE PIECE Land Land! - 49,390 / 49,390
4. (PlayStation 2 - Arika) The Nightmare of Druaga: Fushigi no Dungeon - 43,214 / 43,214
5. (PlayStation 2 - Sammy) Guilty Gear Isuka - 38,703 / 38,703
6. (GameBoy Advance - Konami) Power Pro Kun Pocket 1 + 2 - 32,027 / 32,027
7. (PlayStation 2 - Konami) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 11 - 31,406 / 292,479
8. (PlayStation 2 - From Software) Tenchu Kurenai - 28,151 / 103,970
9. (PlayStation 2 - Namco) Taiko no Tatsujin: Atsumare Matsurida Shitaiboku (Tatakon Doukonhan) - 25,437 / 56,420
10. (PlayStation 2 - Sammy) Jissen Pachislot: Hitsushouho! Hokutou no Nibushi (Fist of the North Star) - 20,389 / 725,270

HARDWARE

1. (Sony) PlayStation 2 - 35,409 / 1,575,766
2. (Nintendo) GameBoy Advance SP - 33,321 / 1,540,802
3. (Nintendo) GameCube - 9,730 / 426,811
4. (Nintendo) GameBoy Advance - 2,387 / 165,270
5. (Microsoft) Xbox - 334 / 22,847
6. (Sony) PSone - 80 / 12,610
7. (Bandai) Swan Crystal - 70

Culex

Banned
I'd really like to know where you get the actual hardware numbers from. I wouldn't mind researching some statistics.

Doogdogg

oprah2smaw.jpg

GC sale remains about the same as last week.

AniHawk

What did Final Fantasy I & II do on the PSX and WSC?

Decent numbers for GC hardware (about where it should be weekly), good sales for Paper Mario 2.

cvxfreak

Final Fantasy I + II Advance: 149,397
Final Fantasy (WSC): 147,173
Final Fantasy II (WSC): 146,765
Final Fantasy (PSone): 55,095
Final Fantasy II (PSone): 56,693
Final Fantasy I + II Premium Pack (PSone): 35,091

AniHawk

CVXFREAK said:
Final Fantasy I + II Advance: 149,397
Final Fantasy (WSC): 147,173
Final Fantasy II (WSC): 146,765
Final Fantasy (PSone): 55,095
Final Fantasy II (PSone): 56,693
Final Fantasy I + II Premium Pack (PSone): 35,091

Thanks.

Those are first week sales?

Mrbob

Hmm. Looks like Square Enix should have released FF1 & 2 seperately instead of bundled together.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Mrbob said:
Hmm. Looks like Square Enix should have released FF1 & 2 seperately instead of bundled together.
Weren't you one of the people BITCHING about Nintendo releasing the NES classics for $20 each or am I thinking of another Mrbob?

Mrbob

I wouldn't buy this two pack. Maybe if they bundled the first six FF games together for 30 bucks I'd pick it up. All I'm saying from a business perspective they got 150K each for ff1 and ff2 on WSC. Got the same amount bundled together on GBA.

Doogdogg

CVXFREAK said:
I found FF I + II Advance to be severely overpriced, at 6090 Yen. It's like paying 3000 Yen for two games. =/

The main FF sells for 7,800 yen+. Thats like $75 USD right? :eek:

cvxfreak

Dark Dragon said:
The main FF sells for 7,800 yen+. Thats like $75 USD right? :eek:

Yep, but being a main FF doesn't stop them from being ripoffs. Any console game that costs more than 7800 yen is a ripoff. FFX I believe was 8800 Yen...

nubbe

I think it barley broke 50k overall :(
The Gamecube version would probably have preformed much better if it hadn’t been released alongside with two major releases on the two Nintendo platforms.

maskrider

Go go Kurenai, it's selling rather well. I think it deserves it since it is rather good comparing to the previous ones.

BTW, I have also bought the Chinese version that released yesterday. Heh !

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
maskrider said:
Go go Kurenai, it's selling rather well. I think it deserves it since it is rather good comparing to the previous ones.

BTW, I have also bought the Chinese version that released yesterday. Heh !
There is a Chinese version ? Niiccceeeee... I remember when I used to live in Taiwan, we only gets imported Japanese games and no Chinese translations. Only the manuals are translated into Chinese. We could also try to find the English versions too, but no Chinese.

maskrider

NetMapel said:
There is a Chinese version ? Niiccceeeee... I remember when I used to live in Taiwan, we only gets imported Japanese games and no Chinese translations. Only the manuals are translated into Chinese. We could also try to find the English versions too, but no Chinese.

Yes, except the voice (which is real good to stay in Japanese), all others are localized to Chinese. And it feels really great to completely understand what is going on.

cvxfreak

I've always wondered, but how much can a literate Chinese person make out in a sentence with a decent amount of Japanese Kanji? Likewise, how much of a Chinese sentence can a Japanese person manage to read? And I don't mean coherently either because that's impossible. :p

maskrider

CVXFREAK said:
I've always wondered, but how much can a literate Chinese person make out in a sentence with a decent amount of Japanese Kanji? Likewise, how much of a Chinese sentence can a Japanese person manage to read? And I don't mean coherently either because that's impossible. :p

If it is mostly Kanji, for those who don't know a bit of Japanese will at least understand/guess a bit on the meaning (although many of the Kanji are really not of the same meaning in Chinese). For Kana, completely lost for those who don't know Japanese.

I learned a bit of Japanese myself and I can at least understand but always needs to use the Japanese dictionary.

Jumpman

Two straight weeks near 10,000 for GC. I wonder how long PM2's effect will hold. What is coming out for GC in Japan in the near future?

Top Bottom