• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Numbers: 8/9-8/15: GBAOMGWTF

cvxfreak

SOFTWARE

1. (PlayStation 2 - Konami) World Soccer Winning Eleven 8 - 153,940 / 850,461
2. (GameBoy Advance - Nintendo) Famicom Mini: Super Mario Brothers 2 - 99,126 / new
3. (GameBoy Advance - Nintendo) Famicom Mini: Zelda II: Link no Bouken - 56,531 / new
4. (PlayStation 2 - SNK Playmore) KOF: Maximum Impact - 48,108 / new
5. (GameCube - Nintendo) Paper Mario RPG - 45,332 / 297,381
6. (GameBoy Advance - Nintendo) Densetsu no Starfi 3 - 44,573 / 86,241
7. (GameBoy Advance - Nintendo) Famicom Mini: Famicom Detective Club - 34,433 / new
8. (GameBoy Advance - Nintendo) Famicom Mini: Famicom Detective Club PART II - 31,051
9. (GameBoy Advance - Square Enix) Final Fantasy I + II Advance - 28,494 / 217,416
10. (GameBoy Advance - Nintendo) Famicom Mini: Shin Onigashima - 27,058 / new

HARDWARE

1. (Nintendo) GameBoy Advance SP - 67,091 / 1,640,172
2. (Sony) PlayStation 2 - 47,263 / 1,661,622
3. (Nintendo) GameCube - 11,558 / 446,065
4. (Nintendo) GameBoy Advance - 3,708 / 171,371
5. (Microsoft) Xbox - 429 / 23,512
6. (Bandai) Swan Crystal - 121 / 6,484
7. (Sony) PSone - 120 / 12,790

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
fancash.jpg

JayFro

Banned
Wow, I can't believe people still pay for that stuff in those kind of numbers. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

efralope said:
I think ALL hardware numbers, especially PS2, shot up cause there was kids vacation or something like that...

can you verify that the xbox number jumped or not? I want comedy. poor kids.

had to stop and check...

GO PAPER MARIo 2!

Alcibiades

oh crap, I thought those 67,000 numbers were PS2... I was wondering why the GBA numbers were like last week with a strong Famicom-Mini release and that vacation thing or whatever, but looks like they've trumped PS2 for the week...

nm, I should have stated: "I think the hardware numbers, especially GBA, shot up cause there was kids vacation or something like that..."

cvxfreak

Game-Science has last week's numbers for comparison.

Industry // Media Create Hardware Sales: 9 - 15 Aug 15:23
platform this week last week 2004 total
1 GameBoy Advance SP 67,091 32,279 1,640,172
2 PlayStation 2 47,263 38,593 1,661,622
3 Gamecube 11,558 7,696 446,065
4 Gameboy Advance 3,708 2,393 171,371
5 Xbox 429 236 23,512
6 Swan Crystal 121 63 6,484
7 PSone 120 60 12,790
Source: Media Create

Posted by: CVXFREAK

AniHawk

Looks like Paper Mario 2 will outsell the original, and will probably hit somewhere around 400,000+ when all is said and done.

And yeah, all hardware shot up. Even Xbox (which was 200 or 300 last week).

Keio

For a Finer World
Microsoft, quick, put out a press release:

"Xbox makes biggest gains in current gen console sales as Japanese head for vacation

Xbox(tm) proved to be a Japanese holiday favourite as it beat its console rivals PS2 and Gamecube by nearly doubling its sales for the week of 8/9-8/15, according to Media Create..."

Meier

efralope said:
who said not Nintendo game would do over 35k?

OWNED!

Heh, I thought the same thing when I saw those numbers. I believe it was the notorious Nintendo troll, sohka88 or whatever, although it might just have been one of his ilk.

Broshnat

Banned
Meier said:
Heh, I thought the same thing when I saw those numbers. I believe it was the notorious Nintendo troll, sohka88 or whatever, although it might just have been one of his ilk.

Quite possibly...

Yeah, some great numbers there. For comparison, Famicom Mini: Super Mario Bros sold about 65k in it's first week (although it's wel over 500k now) and Zelda sold about 40k, so some impressive first week numbers for the 3rd round of Famicom Mini titles..

And go Paper Mario !!!

Broshnat

Banned
Does anybody know when the GC double packs come out? (Mario Party 5 + MK Double Dash etc etc)??

I can see them doin well....

And I can see both Paper Mario and Pikmin 2 passing 450k, maube even 500k when all is said and done!

human5892

Queen of Denmark
sohka88 said:
None of the nintendo agmes will sell above 35k

human5892 said:
...I disagree -- Paper Mario RPG sold 41,330 last week, and seeing as how it has been keeping up fairly well in the dailies, I think it has a decent chance of hitting about 35k this week.

SOHKAOWNED!!

Prine

Banned
2. (GameBoy Advance - Nintendo) Famicom Mini: Super Mario Brothers 2 - 99,126 / new

Who are these people? Why are they buying a lesser version of Mario Advanced???

???

Awesome sales for Winning Eleven! Almost a milion!

A lot of people are happy about the Famicom Mini series, but I'm mostly happy to see Paper Mario hanging on. Intelligent Systems deserves as much love as they can get.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Society said:
Nintendo reviving the Industry again....with NES game none the less.

Heh, reviving? I wouldn't consider releasing old games as "reviving" the industry. More like the opposite, actually. :p

akascream

Banned
I think this is more than nastalgia. This ought to be a wake up call to developers. Gamers are sick of generic 3D garbage. If you can't make a 3D game (I actually prefer 3D to 2D), then go back to what works.

Prine said:
Who are these people? Why are they buying a lesser version of Mario Advanced???

It's actually the Lost Levels that was in Mario Allstars. Japan got a very similar but much harder sequel to SMB, the rest of the world got Doki Doki Panic in new clothing.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
akascream said:
I think this is more than nastalgia. This ought to be a wake up call to developers. Gamers are sick of generic 3D garbage. If you can't make a 3D game (I actually prefer 3D to 2D), then go back to what works.

True, it's not just nostalgia. It's also a lower price.
And yeah, I hope gamers are sick of generic 3D garbage, and that they'll only buy the good 3D games. The no 1 game on that list gives me some hope, at least. :p

BTW, how many generic 3D garbage games were released this week anyway?

Culex

Banned
Good GC sales for once. Those GBA numbers are oogly boogly!

I believe this will be the worst year, though, for GC sales in Japan. Most likely won't even get close to 1 million.

wazoo

Culex said:
Good GC sales for once. Those GBA numbers are oogly boogly!

I believe this will be the worst year, though, for GC sales in Japan. Most likely won't even get close to 1 million.

Nintendo already planned for this, considering they only plan to sell 4/5M worldwide this year.

jarrod

Banned
Laurent said:
Super Mario Brothers 2 = Super Mario USA or what we called Lost Levels in Super Mario All-Stars?
The latter...

JP Super Mario Bros 2 = The Lost Levels

US Super Mario Bros 2 = Doki Doki Panic = Super Mario USA

ge-man

Tenguman said:
LoL, they don't even NEED the gamecube. It's just extra revenue now

I'm sure they are happy with their 1st party software sales, however. If they were doing badly in software as well, I'd agree that all they would need is the Gameboy line.

Top Bottom