• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Numbers - 9/6-9/12/04

cvxfreak

SOFTWARE

1. (PlayStation 2 - Capcom) BioHazard Outbreak File 02 - 91,207
2. (PlayStation 2 - Sega) Dororo - 29,250
3. (GameBoy Advance - Nintendo) Famicom Mini: Super Mario Brothers 2 - 25,059 / 185,699
4. (PlayStation 2 - Spike) King of Colosseum II - 23,093
5. (PlayStation 2 - Konami) World Soccer Winning Eleven 8 - 21,249 / 1,030,798
6. (PlayStation 2 - Konami) Genso Suikoden IV - 15,353 / 272,010
7. (PlayStation 2 - Sammy) Jissen Pachislot: Fist of the North Star - 15,010 / unknown
8. (GameBoy Advance - Hudson) Boboboubo Bounbobo Hajeki Taisen - 12,896
9. (PlayStation 2 - Capcom) Viewtiful Joe: A New Hope - 9,912
10. (PlayStation 2 - Konami) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 11 - 9,314 / unknown

HARDWARE

1. (Sony) PlayStation 2 - 29,876 / 1,778,647
2. (Nintendo) GameBoy Advance SP - 20,250 / 1,769,021
3. (Nintendo) GameCube - 4,551 / 470,985
4. (Nintendo) GameBoy Advance - 2,098 / 181,537
5. (Microsoft) Xbox - 435 / 24,982
6. (Bandai) Swan Crystal - 57 / 6,738
7. (Sony) PSone - 55 / 13,194

Miburou said:
Aren't Oubreak 2's numbers a big step down from its predecessor?

I think so, although from most accounts it doesn't even deserve those sales. Also while I don't think it's ever been confirmed from what I understand File 2 is less a sequel and more Capcom cashing in by releasing the stuff that was originally cut from the first without attempting to address any of the criticisms of the first game.

Btw, the first has only just been released in Europe. With no online play. I hope it bombs, badly.

its not funny that Nintendo's SMB2 is selling 4000 copies short of Dororo.

doesn't really need to be said... but someone will eventually

VIEWTIFUL BOMB

Should I wait for File 2 if I didn't buy the original Outbreak? Or should I just go ahead and get Outbreak. The reason I ask this is because I'll only be playing it offline.

Well, if Outbreak File 2 improves the load times and simply includes some minor omissions from the first game then I wonder if it's worth the effort. But if the titles are very dissimilar than I'll bite. I mean RE2 and RE3 different here.

cvxfreak

evilromero said:
Well, if Outbreak File 2 improves the load times and simply includes some minor omissions from the first game then I wonder if it's worth the effort. But if the titles are very dissimilar than I'll bite. I mean RE2 and RE3 different here.

From what I hear, you'll just have to wait for RE4.

CVXFREAK said:
From what I hear, you'll just have to wait for RE4.
Waiting for RE4 is easier said than done. And don't shoot me, but I rather enjoyed the new movie. And it only heightened my excitement for the series all over again.

Alcibiades

Soul4ger said:
OMG PS2 REVIVES THE VJ BRAND! RISE FROM THE ASHES.
laugh.gif
:D

Time for Nintendo to give away Cubes with every GBA sold, then they might build up a near-decent interest for their next console ...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I still say Japan would be an infinitely improved country and economy if they stopped wasting their lives on pachinko/pachislot.

It really is quite amazing.

cvxfreak

MetatronM said:
I still say Japan would be an infinitely improved country and economy if they stopped wasting their lives on pachinko/pachislot.

It really is quite amazing.

Pachinko and Pachislot suck that bad?

Rhindle

CVXFREAK said:
Pachinko and Pachislot suck that bad?
Has anyone here played any of these console Pachislot games? What exactly is the attraction of playing them if there is no money involved?

GDGF

Soothsayer
Rhindle said:
Has anyone here played any of these console Pachislot games? What exactly is the attraction of playing them if there is no money involved?

No, but I've played the real version and it sucked ass. I can't imagine video pachinko being much better (unless you really love watching virtual ball barings drop along arbitrary paths)

Top Bottom