• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 03/02 - 03/08

Link

The Autumn Wind
Stumpokapow said:
the game has, the platform hasn't--but i dare you to look at the screenshot and conclude it's for any other platform.
Watch it end up being for the PS2/PSP.

So Chibi Robo is the last of the GameCube ports left to release?
Since the original did 100K, this one'll probably do 30k max.

I wonder if it would have been better to sprinkle these ports in between main releases, instead of releasing them all close to each other. Of course, now it's clear Nintendo didn't have anything original to release, other than Another Code R which bombed, and they had to fill the gaps somehow.

Rock_Man

Kiriku said:
I always prefer these graphs, got any for handhelds as well? :)

:)

famitsu-dspsp-090301.png

Segata Sanshiro said:
It's also pretty hard to say Japan is looking for fresh ideas when there isn't a single fresh idea in the top 10. Hell, the closest thing to a fresh idea in there is a jRPG and a hentai tennis game.

Then again compare that top 10 to the top 10 ten years ago. Maybe it could be that the masses that wanted fresh ideas in gaming parted and the few that could deal with the same ol' ol' stayed?

Link said:
Watch it end up being for the PS2/PSP.

:lol There is no way it's a PSP/PS2 game. PSP is too weak to handle those graphics and the PS2 in Japan is dead.

gantz85 said:
So Kurosaki Ichigo in the previous thread was talking down Musou Orochi Z sales against my suggestion, it looks like that poster knew fuck all :lol
Are you that stupid, really? You shouldn't be mixing your dreams and the reality, if you still want to be a complete ignorant about a game, so be it, but I already told you what the game is and what the game is not, and it didn't have anything to do with its sales. But hey, continue acting like a tool, it always brings a smile to my face to see such posters come up on these threads.

Sage00 said:
I think it used to be pretty big back in the PS1 era, 300k+. The days when the series had that kind of appeal are long gone.

I think having Rorona 'go back to its roots' for the series, and release on the ps3 could actually work well for the series, sales wise, anyone else agree?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
bttb said:
First Day Sales (03/12)

[PS3] Musou Orochi Z (Koei) - 79k (60%)

[WII] Wii de Asobu: Pikmin 2 (Nintendo) - 10k

http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10223394439.html

Japanese PS3 owners are the funniest things ever

this port of two games that on so many systems already sells 80K first day and great game like Folksoul cant do 70K even with budget release......but at least Koei can bring back Ni-oh now .

well J Wii owners on the other hand are smart...

Sage00 said:
I think it used to be pretty big back in the PS1 era, 300k+. The days when the series had that kind of appeal are long gone.
Well, maybe with re-releases and that the first one could go there. Here's the best I can find:

A1 - Atelier Marie ~The Alchemist of Salburg~ (PSX, 1997) - 212,307
A2 - Atelier Elie ~The Alchemist of Salburg 2~ (PSX, 1998) - 161,351
A3 - Atelier Lilie ~The Alchemist of Salburg 3~ (PS2, 2001) - 90,203
A4 - Atelier Judie ~The Alchemist of Gramnad~ (PS2, 2002) - 66,925
A5 - Atelier Viorate ~The Alchemist of Gramnad 2~ (PS2, 2003) - 58,566

The others data from garaph, I guess the last one (A10) will go higher when we get 2008 totals, the data for it is just for two weeks.

A6 - Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana (PS2, 2004) - 80,969
A7 - Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny (PS2, 2005) - 57,642
A8 - Atelier Iris 3: Grand Phantasm (PS2, 2006) - 45,418
A9 - Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis (PS2, 2007) - 46,563
A10 - Mana-Khemia 2: Ochita Gakuen to Renkinjutsushi-tachi (PS2, 2008) - 37,332

A11 - Atelier Rorona (PS3, 2009) - we'll see

gantz85

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Are you that stupid, really? You shouldn't be mixing your dreams and the reality, if you still want to be a complete ignorant about a game, so be it, but I already told you what the game is and what the game is not, and it didn't have anything to do with its sales. But hey, continue acting like a tool, it always brings a smile to my face to see such posters come up on these threads.

We were talking about what the game was and was not in context of its sales performance. You can also see my very post you quoted to know that I already knew what the game was.

Bad loser whining :lol

Yazus

Too bad SO4 dropped so fast... well I think 200k mark is good in a way or another... Lets hope it sells much more LTD

gantz85 said:
We were talking about what the game was and was not in context of its sales performance. You can also see my very post you quoted to know that I already knew what the game was.

No, we were not. Maybe in your dreams like I said. The game is a port whether it sells 7900, 79000, or 790000. Sales don't define what a game is. I had to define what the game was for you, because you clearly don't have any idea and started bringing nonsense arguments like about 360 games performance to say why PS3 was getting it and not 360.

You must be really losing it if you think I'd argue about sales predictions with the likes of you.

test_account said:
Ah ok, so that is how the Eyetoy camera works, thanks for the info! :) I found some Eyetoy Boxing video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj3UrfjbGIs&feature=related

Ye, it seems to be quite a different accproach between the Eyetoy and the Wii controller to put people in motions as you say :)

Interesting video, I wonder why it wasn't more succesful back in the days, or was it? I don't know, never been too much of a fan of motion controlled games.....Sony should try to revive their Eye Play/Toy/Kinetica/etc series for the PS3 Eye considering all the success of Wii Sports/Play/Fit/etc.

test_account said:
The way i understood AranhaHunter's question about the Eyetoy doing much of the same stuff as the Wii does was that if Wii has next-gen controllers, then was the Eyetoy games next-gen controllers as well, due to that the concept is abit similar, about doing different motions to what you are doing in the games? That is why i asked about the Wii and the Eyetoy were similar in their concepts :) But i might have missunderstood, maybe this isnt what he ment.

What i think is pretty unique with the Wii though is that the motion controller is the standard controller, and not some accessory like the Eyetoy is. The Wii controller also seems to be more advanced when it comes to the movements and what you can do with the motion controls compared to what you can to do with the Eyetoy camera. And by being a standard controller to a console, i guess that the Wii controller is more next-gen than the Eyetoy or any other previous motion controls accessories :)

EDIT: I added some text.

That's what I meant and I still think they do pretty much the same thing, just have different ways of achieving it. Also seems like the Wii controller is more advanced and precise.

Flying_Phoenix said:
:lol There is no way it's a PSP/PS2 game. PSP is too weak to handle those graphics and the PS2 in Japan is dead.

Big releases still sell very well on PS2.

BlazingDarkness said:
I think having Rorona 'go back to its roots' for the series, and release on the ps3 could actually work well for the series, sales wise, anyone else agree?

Hope so but it'll probably need a little push to let fans know that it's going back to its roots.

Yazus said:
Too bad SO4 dropped so fast... well I think 200k mark is good in a way or another... Lets hope it sells much more LTD

IMHO it's awesome for a 360 game, but not good for a new Star Ocean main entry game.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Yazus said:
Even though I already have it, I would double dip for a PS3 version. This is one genre that needs a PS3 port, especially in Japan. More people need to play it, it's a fun game.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
LiquidMetal14 said:
Even though I already have it, I would double dip for a PS3 version. This is one genre that needs a PS3 port, especially in Japan. More people need to play it, it's a fun game.

since PS3 sell 3 or 5 more times that Xbox360 games on Japan ( like biohazard 5 , and hell we don't know what PS3 can do with a popular JRPG titles in Japan yet ) why can't SCEJ moneyhat publisher there ? it will be easier for Publisher I guess since they will get sales plus hat moneyz :p

but seriously , I don't blame publishers for getting money hats , it's their lose if their games didn't sell well on Xbox 360 , it's just SCEJ need to work on their own lineup more like the great stuff SCEA and SCEE are doing in the west , SCEJ must to bring some JRPG even the semi-good to PS3 , Wild Arms , Ape Quest 2 or use you famous IPs Alundra , Dark Coud..ect

gantz85 said:

You clearly didn't know what the game consisted of, Kurosaki Ichigo came and cleared it up for you. His doing you a favor so I don't know why you're acting up about it.

Totobeni said:
since PS3 sell 3 or 5 more times that Xbox360 games on Japan ( like biohazard 5 , and hell we don't know what PS3 can do with a popular JRPG titles in Japan yet ) why can't SCEJ moneyhat publisher there ? it will be easier for Publisher I guess since they will get sales plus hat moneyz :p

but seriously , I don't blame publishers for getting money hats , it's their lose if their games didn't sell well on Xbox 360 , it's just SCEJ need to work on their own lineup more like the great stuff SCEA and SCEE are doing in the west , SCEJ must to bring some JRPG even the semi-good to PS3 , Wild Arms , Ape Quest 2 or use you famous IPs Alundra , Dark Coud..ect

Instead of money hatting publishers, SCEJ should use that money to develop some great new RPGs IPs or bring some sequels to some of their old ones like you said (but you forgot Legend of Dragoon 2).

Rolf NB

iceatcs said:
new colour.
Segata Sanshiro said:
They released some really nice looking new colours. Prior to this, the 3000 was only available in Black, White, and Silver (outside of limited bundles), and you *know* Japan don't play dat.
I feel less honorable for not having known that :\

Allan Holdsworth said:
So Chibi Robo is the last of the GameCube ports left to release?
Of the ones that have been announced, at least, I think Metroid Prime 2 also remains.
AranhaHunter said:
Big releases still sell very well on PS2.
Sequels to established PS2 franchises still put up decent numbers. Whether the others not lighting up charts is more due to lack of supply or lack of demand, I haven't paid enough attention to PS2 release lists to say.

But as a relevant bit of information, here are all the PS2 games released since the beginning of 2008 to pass 100K.

ccbfan

JoshuaJSlone said:
Of the ones that have been announced, at least, I think Metroid Prime 2 also remains.

Sequels to established PS2 franchises still put up decent numbers. Whether the others not lighting up charts is more due to lack of supply or lack of demand, I haven't paid enough attention to PS2 release lists to say.

But as a relevant bit of information, here are all the PS2 games released since the beginning of 2008 to pass 100K.

I think as long as PS2 continue to demolish the Wii in dual releases. PS2 will continue to be a factor.

Famitsu Software Stuff

A very strange week on the Famitsu Software Pie. Usually DS sits in first place with a comfortable margin at the top. This week thanks to Yakuza 3, PS3 beats it. The last time PS3 sat on top was the week of Metal Gear Solid 4. On the other hand, X360 usually sits at the bottom, but thanks to continuing Star Ocean 4 performance and three new games in this week's Top 30, it's PlayStation 2 which for the first time is the lowest ranked among the systems that aren't lumped into "Other".

PS3: 27.3%
DS: 25.2%
PSP: 24.3%
Wii: 11.3%
X360: 6.4%
PS2: 5.3%
Other: 0.3%

Yakuza 3 (3445) is off to the biggest start the series has yet had. It's also one of the biggest Sega openings of the last decade in general. Among all their games as a third party, I only see two higher first weeks: Love & Berry's 425K first week in 2006 on DS, and VF4's almost-identical-to-Y3 357K in 2002 on PS2.

Mario & Luigi RPG 3 (3432) shows some surprising legs. Even with it being a far-from-holiday release as I've previously pointed out, its third week (56K) is bigger than the third week of either the original (25K) or the sequel (29K). Though it should be noted that the original didn't have its best week until its sixth week in late December (73K).

donny2112

JoshuaJSlone said:
Mario & Luigi RPG 3 (3432) shows some surprising legs.

Maybe not. When no Mario game has ever finished with a > 50% first week percentage (except for games where we only have the first week on them) and only one really had > 40%, it's a pretty safe bet that it'll have good legs. There's also the idea that there hasn't really been any big game releases on the DS in a while, so the market is more than a little hungry for something like this. The software percentages are showing the same thing. DS (outside of RPGs) and Wii are seeming to get less and less big software releases lately.

New NES - million seller (42th now):

Kirby's Adventure: 1.000.000

http://www.geocities.jp/v7160c_l5/fc.html

Also, here's a Nintendo system comparison (shipped through Dec. 08):

Hardware:
GB(C): 32.470.000
NDS: 25.670.000
NES: 19.230.000
SNES: 17.170.000
GBA: 16.950.000
WII: 7.800.000
N64: 5.540.000
GCN: 4.040.000
-------------------------
Total: 128.870.000

Software:
NES: 225.860.000
SNES: 194.850.000
GB(C): 157.060.000
NDS: 142.120.000
GBA: 72.940.000
N64: 39.750.000
WII: 32.100.000
GCN: 27.530.000
Total: 892.210.000

Tie Ratio:
NES: 11,75
SNES: 11,35
N64: 7,18
GCN: 6,81
NDS: 5,54
GB(C): 4,84
GBA: 4,30
WII: 4,12
Total: 6,92

Majmun

Captain Smoker said:
Yes, more Hardware (21.462.345) and more software (~250.000.000), Tie Ratio ~ 11,65

Oh ok, thanks for the info dude. :)

I always thought SNES was the best selling console in Japan, followed by Ps2. Never knew NES was such a monster there...

I wonder if Wii will ever surpass NES or SNES in Japan.

Second said:
Oh ok, thanks for the info dude. :)

I always thought SNES was the best selling console in Japan, followed by Ps2. Never knew NES was such a monster there...

I wonder if Wii will ever surpass NES or SNES in Japan.
Yes, and if we consider that there wasn't a big market before the NES came out it's even more astonishing.

And another funny fact:

No. of Games [NES]: 1.047
Total Software [NES]: 225.860.000
Average [NES]: 215.721

No. of Games [PS2]: ~5.500
Total Software [PS2]: ~250.000.000
Average [PS2]: ~45.450

test_account

XP-39C²
AranhaHunter said:
Interesting video, I wonder why it wasn't more succesful back in the days, or was it? I don't know, never been too much of a fan of motion controlled games.....Sony should try to revive their Eye Play/Toy/Kinetica/etc series for the PS3 Eye considering all the success of Wii Sports/Play/Fit/etc.
Unfortunately i have no idea how well the Eyetoy games sold. I am wondering on how much they sold.

Ye, i wonder why Sony hasnt released a new Eyetoy game for the PS3. The PS3 Eye already exict as you say.

AranhaHunter said:
That's what I meant and I still think they do pretty much the same thing, just have different ways of achieving it. Also seems like the Wii controller is more advanced and precise.
Ok, then i understood you correctly :) Ye, i think that the Wii controller is more advanced and precise as well. And the Wii controller might offer more things than what the Eyetoy can do as JoshuaJSlone said earlier, like playing golf and to wave a sword around (like in a Star Wars game for example). I think the Wii works better with these kind of things, which might let you do more advanced montions, at least in my opinion :)

Captain Smoker said:
Hardware:
NES: 19.230.000
SNES: 17.170.000

Software:
NES: 225.860.000
SNES: 194.850.000
Wow, i didnt know that the NES and the SNES (or the Famicom and the Super Famicom) was that popular in Japan. If i am not mistaken, the NES sold like maybe 7 million consoles in the whole Europe for example.

Captain Smoker said:
Yes, and if we consider that there wasn't a big market before the NES came out it's even more astonishing.

And another funny fact:

No. of Games [NES]: 1.047
Total Software [NES]: 225.860.000
Average [NES]: 215.721

No. of Games [PS2]: ~5.500
Total Software [PS2]: ~250.000.000
Average [PS2]: ~45.450
Are there really about 5.500 different PS2 games, or does this number contains different "product codes" (or what i shall call it) on many of the same games? If i am not mistaken, that there are something around 1.000 unique NES/Famicom games, so that seems correct :)

EDIT: I added some text.

test_account

XP-39C²
BishopLamont said:
I bet those pachinko (pachislot) games fill up quite a chunk of those PS2 games, oh and that super series.
Ye, maybe, but i dont know if these games will make it to around 5000 different PS2 games. After doing a quick Google search i found a site that listed something about 170-200 Simple Series games for the PS2:

http://fuji.drillspirits.net/simple/

I dont know if this list is complete or anything, but it is still alot of games in that Simple Serie listed on that page, i didnt know that many exicsted :) I dont know how many pachinko (pachislot) slot games that exicst though, maybe there are hundreds of different releases for all that i know.

kswiston

Captain Smoker said:
Ah, I found the source I've been thinking of:

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdatatitle_e.html

It says 5.701 titles but it includes also shipments to Asia and South Korea.

GameFAQs has 2.750 different titles in their database, should be more accurate. ;)

Let's say 3.000 :p

ESRB has rated 1891 titles for PS2. If you factor in games from Europe and Japan that never made it over here, 3000 is probably a conservative estimate.

DarkMehm

kswiston said:
ESRB has rated 1891 titles for PS2. If you factor in games from Europe and Japan that never made it over here, 3000 is probably a conservative estimate.

This is only about Japan.

kswiston

DarkMehm said:
This is only about Japan.

Yeah I misread/misinterpreted part of that exchange. test_account mentioned their being about 1000 unique NES titles (which is the worldwide number), and I thought he continued that line of thinking to the PS2 figure (with "product codes" also including different regional versions). I think that original misreading went on to color my interpretation of Captain Smoker's posts.

I should have clicked the SCEI link in that quote to see the breakdown by region :D

That said, Japan must produce unprecedented levels of PS2 shovelware considering we A) have 3500 less titles in North America, B) eventually get the majority of their good-great titles, and B) still have loads of bargain bin fodder in the 1900 titles that have been released.

donny2112

For RE0, 2, 3, CV (DC/PS2), and 4 (GCN/PS2), their second weeks, as a percentage of their first week, varied from 12-32%. Applied to RE5 (PS360), that would mean a second week of 48-127K. Based on the hardcore nature of the PS360 userbase (e.g. DMC4 had the lowest second week percentage of the series as did MGS4), I'd guess around 70K (RE2's second week percentage of 18%) for RE5 PS360. Personally, I do not consider the weekly percentage tracking as useful as the 1st week/LTD % value, but as I was curious enough to calculate the values, I thought I'd share. :)

cvxfreak

donny2112 said:
For RE0, 2, 3, CV (DC/PS2), and 4 (GCN/PS2), their second weeks, as a percentage of their first week, varied from 12-32%. Applied to RE5 (PS360), that would mean a second week of 48-127K. Based on the hardcore nature of the PS360 userbase (e.g. DMC4 had the lowest second week percentage of the series as did MGS4), I'd guess around 70K (RE2's second week percentage of 18%) for RE5 PS360. Personally, I do not consider the weekly percentage tracking as useful as the 1st week/LTD % value, but as I was curious enough to calculate the values, I thought I'd share. :)

I think UC and REmake had some of the longest legs in the series, even if their sales weren't that huge, right?

Every RE since RE4 PS2 seems to sell quite a bit on a weekly basis. RE0 Wii rebuted at 22K and is around 80K now, I believe. Reminds me of Phoenix Wright on the DS, to compare to another Capcom series.

donny2112

cvxfreak said:
I think UC and REmake had some of the longest legs in the series, even if their sales weren't that huge, right?

RE1 (12.5% 1st week / LTD) had the longest non-BEST legs, but that was likely due to the series burning in with its fanbase. Once it was burned in, the mainline releases all got much more first week heavy. The spinoffs/re-releases have had good legs, though. REmake was 44.5% 1st week, and RE:UC was at 38.4% with the most recent update.

cvxfreak said:
Every RE since RE4 PS2 seems to sell quite a bit on a weekly basis.

I don't think any are current > 50% 1st week / LTD. :)

test_account

XP-39C²
Captain Smoker said:
Ah, I found the source I've been thinking of:

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdatatitle_e.html

It says 5.701 titles but it includes also shipments to Asia and South Korea.

GameFAQs has 2.750 different titles in their database, should be more accurate. ;)

Let's say 3.000 :p
Ye, i thought it had to include other countries as well :) 3000 games sounds much too, that would be about 1 game released almost every day for 9 years (which is about 3285 days) in a row, but maybe it is possible? :)

kswiston said:
Yeah I misread/misinterpreted part of that exchange. test_account mentioned their being about 1000 unique NES titles (which is the worldwide number), and I thought he continued that line of thinking to the PS2 figure (with "product codes" also including different regional versions). I think that original misreading went on to color my interpretation of Captain Smoker's posts.
I am not that into Famicom collecting, but i think there actually excist about 1000 different Famicom games. I did a search on Google and i found this website:

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/01/12/complete-famicom-game-collection-selling-for-7200/

This website says that there are 1051 different Famicom cartridges. Maybe some of the carts are special editions or so, but from what i know, back in the Famicom/NES days, limited edition games etc. was a relatively rare thing, so i think this Famicom collection can include somewhere around 1000 different Famicom games :)

Several/many of these Famicom games might have been released other places in the world as well for the NES though, so i am not saying that there exict about 1000 Famicom games that were only released in Japan. But if you lived in Japan and if you had a Famicom console + a Famicom Disk System, then you should have had the possibilty to buy around 1000 Famicom games from when the first Famicom game was released to the last Famicom was released :)

kswiston said:
I should have clicked the SCEI link in that quote to see the breakdown by region :D

That said, Japan must produce unprecedented levels of PS2 shovelware considering we A) have 3500 less titles in North America, B) eventually get the majority of their good-great titles, and B) still have loads of bargain bin fodder in the 1900 titles that have been released.
I think the number of PS2 games that SCEI listed on their website contains different region codes. For example, if Final Fantasy X was released in Japan, South-Korea and in Hong Kong, then i think that SCEI would have counted this as 3 games instead of as 1 game.

The reason why i think this is because if you look at the number of PS3 games released, the SCEI website says 474 titles (not including download-able games) released in Asia. Garaph.info lists 90 PS3 games for Japan, but maybe not every PS3 game made it within the Famitsu top 30, so their sales numbers werent track, so maybe we have something about 110-130 PS3 games that were released in Japan (not counting download-able titles)?

If the SCEI website only counted 1 game for each individual title regardless if the game was released in just one asian country or in several of different asian countries, that would mean that there are about 340 PS3 games that have been released other places in Asia besides in Japan. I dont think that this sound correct.

By the way, i come to remember that a french guy that is called Adol has a complete Super Famicom set (which i think is very impressive :)). I found a forum thread about it and he says there is 1450 Super Famicom titles (including some special versions or something of some of the games) :

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115039

Going by the total SNES software numbers that Captain Smoker posted earlier, then we get:

No. of Games [SNES]: 1450
Total Software [SNES]: 194.850.000
Average [SNES]: ~134.380

:)

test_account

XP-39C²
Captain Smoker said:
@test_account:

There are 1.398 different (and licensed) SNES games released in Japan, you can see all this data here:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/historical_data/pdf/number_of_titles_e0812.pdf [PDF]
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/historical_data/xls/number_of_titles_e0812.xls [Excel]

Official Nintendo data. :)
Ah ok, thanks for the info! :) I guess the rest 52 games (1450 - 1398) that Adol listed are special releases or something like that?

EDIT: I just read some more in that Digitpress.com thread i linked to above here and i see now that Adol says there are "approx. 1450 titles", and not exactly 1450 titles, sorry about the miss information :\ He also says this number includes many "Not for resale" games as well, so i guess that the rest of the games he have listed are "Not for resale" games and some special version games or so :)

DarkMehm

test_account said:
Ah ok, thanks for the info! :) I guess the rest 52 games (1450 - 1398) that Adol listed are special releases or something like that?

EDIT: I just read some more in that Digitpress.com thread i linked to above here and i see now that Adol says there are "approx. 1450 titles", and not exactly 1450 titles, sorry about the miss information :\ He also says this number includes many "Not for resale" games as well, so i guess that the rest of the games he have listed are "Not for resale" games and some special version games or so :)

Well, it's not like Nintendo is the all-mighty and wise. N64 got 199 releases and they list 196.

apujanata

DarkMehm said:
Well, it's not like Nintendo is the all-mighty and wise. N64 got 199 releases and they list 196.
So, SNES = 1398 games. N64 = 199 games. Such a big drop (85%+) from SNES to N64.

Anyone know how many games are on GCN and Wii (so far) ?
Also # of games on PS1 ?

Layton update! [from 2chan]

Numbers as of 03/01/2009

Professor Layton and the Curious Town: 945.841*
Professor Layton and Pandora's Box: 880.330**
Professor Layton and the Last Time Travel: 729.218

*17.244 units since 12/31/2008
**14.376 units since 12/31/2008

CiSTM

Banned
Captain Smoker said:
Layton update! [from 2chan]

Numbers as of 03/01/2009

Professor Layton and the Curious Town: 945.841*
Professor Layton and Pandora's Box: 880.330**
Professor Layton and the Last Time Travel: 729.218

*17.244 units since 12/31/2008
**14.376 units since 12/31/2008

Godspeed, Godspeed Mr. Layton.

Hmmm, would be interesting to know europe's numbers too.

donny2112

bttb said:
The totals for Curious Town and Pandora's Box include Friendly-Han releases.

What is a "Friendly-Han" release? Also, do you have the separate numbers for the "Friendly-Han" releases?

Thanks. :)

t3nmilez

Wow, those Layton sales are pretty consistent. I just hope that constant releases doesn't dilute the franchise, although perhaps they'll go with a different direction for the next game...

donny2112

bttb said:
Level 5 released updated versions of Curious Town and Pandora's Box for the same price (4,800 yen). Notable differences are the inclusion of Furigana readings for Kanji, and unlocked weekly puzzles.
Famitsu combines sales of the original version and friendly version as they are essentially the same game.

Thanks! Just what I needed to know. :D

bttb said:
ASCII Media Works have stopped providing their weekly game market report (pdf). All previous entries have been removed.
This means no more Dengeki software totals. Weekly Dengeki data will be reduced to a TOP10 chart + hardware.

I guess the last six months was like a free trial, and now subscribers can pay for the full data. Thanks for letting us know! :)

Top Bottom