• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 03/09 - 03/15

SRWK is probably going to do 250k lifetime. The portable SRWs aren't as front loaded as the console ones, but they don't have legs either.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
JoshuaJSlone said:
Difference of 297,752 divided by 3,680 gives 80.9 weeks. By which time we'll probably be comparing MHP3 and More Wii Fit or whatever.
I missed that earlier in the thread :) Thanks, yea it doesn't look like it could happen, unless PSP keeps getting new colors to keep this week rate :p (I figure most MHP sold now are new system owners).

Code:
09. [PSP] Bokujou Monogatari: Sugar Mura to Minna no Negai (Marvelous Entertainment) - 20,000 / NEW
Is this the first time a PSP Harvest Moon charted somewhere?

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Looks like Harvest Moon PSP didn't bomb after all. Almost right halfway between the latest DS and Wii versions first weeks (~30k and ~5k). The only question is will it have the insane legs of the DS version?

fn95hz.png

Fafalada said:
Is this the first time a PSP Harvest Moon charted somewhere?
That's right. Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon never charted and ended with an LTD of 24,655.

thaOwner

Wow, PSP is going strong and look at Dsi jump back to the front. So the PS3 outsold the Wii again this week and that is probably it.

What the hell happened to 360 RE5 ?

duckroll

30. [NDS] 7th Dragon (Sega) - 6,800 / 109,000

Wtf happened here? The huge drop off week after week doesn't make any sense. The game is getting pretty solid word of mouth in all the places that seem to matter for more niche titles like this, and that certainly gave EO and EO2 solid legs. Considering the first shipment was 100k, Segata might be right in that Sega is simply unable to restock the game in any capacity. Wtf!

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Neo-Sheperd said:
Those pedo games with the little girls singing. Not really sure though.
Idolm@ster Twins? Think that released a few weeks ago and never charted. It was a rebundling of the first two games.

markatisu

Wii still holding at 20k range while the PS3 is dropping, NDS returning to the top spot.

Things should go back to normal till April when the PS3 gets it last mega item in the FFXIII demo

Interesting that in Iwata's keynote today he only talked about EU and US, not sure how much GDC factors into Japan but I wonder if Nintendo really just feels like they will go with things as usual for the time being.

Some comparisons from sinobi (first week numbers):

July 2006: PS2 "Powerful Pro Baseball 13 live" about 156k
July 2007: PS2 "Powerful Pro Baseball 14 live" about 148k
July 2008: PS2 "Powerful Pro Baseball 15 live" about 87k
March 2009: PS2 "Powerful Pro Baseball 2009 live" about 44k

July 2007: Wii "live baseball powerful Wii" about 46k
July 2008: Wii "Powerful Pro Baseball 15 live" about 20k
March 2009: Wii "powerful live baseball NEXT" about 19k

Man, it doesn't look good for pawapuro on home consoles. They already took away the December versions, now they moved and re-branded the July versions to March. They even made them cheaper, I think its 5000Y on PS2 and 6000Y on Wii.

Unless they are re-branding the PSP series to Pawapuro 16 and moving it to July, its such an old trend getting the boot.

February 2005: GBA "Super Robot Wars ORIGINAL GENERATION2" Approximately 117k
September 2005: GBA "Super Robot Taisen J" Approximately 112k
March 2007: DS "Super Robot Taisen W" of about 172k
May 2008: DS "Infinite Frontier Super Robot Taisen OG gadget sir," about 90k
June 2008: PSP "Super Robot Wars A PORTABLE" 94k

132k for K may not look as good as W first week but K was released on Friday I think (alongside the new colors). Its still better than the rest and in the middle of the 4 SRT on GBA so I'd say its done pretty well.

Harvest Moon came out of nowhere (alongside Kuroshitsuji, Ape Escape and Shin-Chan) but its a rather lukewarm start, above wii entries (rune factory included) but below DS ones. I think this one was a proper new harvest moon like last December DS one.

Damn it Amagami didn't clear 50k :/

jeremy1456

markatisu said:
Wii still holding at 20k range while the PS3 is dropping, NDS returning to the top spot.

Things should go back to normal till April when the PS3 gets it last mega item in the FFXIII demo

Interesting that in Iwata's keynote today he only talked about EU and US, not sure how much GDC factors into Japan but I wonder if Nintendo really just feels like they will go with things as usual for the time being.

I have my doubts that the demo will propell the PS3's hardware sales above 30k, and the week after that things will truly be back to normal.

thaOwner

Sage00 said:
Idolm@ster Twins? Think that released a few weeks ago and never charted. It was a rebundling of the first two games.

Oh snap really ? Damn, I thought it hadn't even being released yet. I thought it would get decent numbers considering how well moderately well the PSP version did. Microsoft REALLY need to get to showing their hands for this year.

jeremy1456 said:
I have my doubts that the demo will propell the PS3's hardware sales above 30k, and the week after that things will truly be back to normal.
Really ? How so ? Considering the bump every new PSP color introduced brings the system, I'd be surprised if the bundle did not do decent numbers. 50k plus ?

jeremy1456

Neo-Sheperd said:
Really ? How so ? Considering the bump every new PSP color introduced brings the system, I'd be surprised if the bundle did not do decent numbers. 50k plus ?

It's just a suspicion I have with no real facts to back it up. I'm really interested to see how things pan out though.

donny2112

Loudninja said:
In a good or bad way? :p

In a 600K LTD combined sales, in-line with the previous mainline releases first-week % way. In weekly %s, it's been tracking right along with RE2. Based on that, I expected ~40K PS360 for this week, which a #22 360 RE5 placing would accomplish. :)

Loudninja

donny2112 said:
In a 600K LTD combined sales, in-line with the previous mainline releases first-week % way. In weekly %s, it's been tracking right along with RE2. Based on that, I expected ~40K PS360 for this week, which a #22 360 RE5 placing would accomplish. :)

Ok that's good news thanks :)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Don't need to start a new thread, and this might be the best place for it- after today has come and gone without any Motion+ or Wii retail software news, I'm wondering what the hell Nintendo Japan is doing. In contrast to NoA which has Excitebots in April and Punch Out in May, unless I'm mistaken Nintendo has absolutely nothing announced for the Wii in Japan. Nothing in April, with Golden Week and nothing after that. Is there going to be Fall 08 type conference coming soon? Or at least some sort of retailers meeting where some release dates might be announced?

Given how poorly Wii has done since January, I'm a bit shocked that we have heard nothing from them on any sort of software coming out soon.

donny2112

schuelma said:
Is there going to be Fall 08 type conference coming soon? Or at least some sort of retailers meeting where some release dates might be announced?

1) NCL has consistently had a retailers' meeting following their quarterly results announcements over the last few years. Some of these are big enough that they get remembered as the "Fall Conference," for example.

2) There was rumor of a small conference occurring after GDC. I don't know where the rumor started, but that could still be planned.

3) As mentioned in 1), there should be a "conference" following the FY results, probably in April. That'll include projections for the next FY shipments and probably cover a lot of planned upcoming software for the FY to support those shipment numbers.

4) Iwata reiterated today that, as always, software sells hardware in the video game console world. They know Japanese sales stink. They know software is what they need to make those sales not stink.

No word on Motion+ at GDC means that they're saving those discussions until later. Whether that "later" is the rumored post-GDC conference, the FY conference, or E3 in June, I don't know. I continue to believe that Nintendo is not inept bumbling buffoons and will have significant software coming for Japan (besides Wii Sports Resort and the currently announced games) to propel sales this year, though. :)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
donny2112 said:
No word on Motion+ at GDC means that they're saving those discussions until later. Whether that "later" is the rumored post-GDC conference, the FY conference, or E3 in June, I don't know. I continue to believe that Nintendo is not inept bumbling buffoons and will have significant software coming for Japan (besides Wii Sports Resort and the currently announced games) to propel sales this year, though. :)

I'm sure you are correct that Nintendo has software coming out..I mean there are still a ton of games from the October P.C to announce.

I guess my question is more short term- NCL hasn't released a new Wii game since January and hasn't released a surefire big seller since last November. Unless we get an announcement soon, it will be June at the earliest that we would see anything. That is just shocking to me.

donny2112

schuelma said:
I guess my question is more short term- NCL hasn't released a new Wii game since January and hasn't released a surefire big seller since last November. Unless we get an announcement soon, it will be June at the earliest that we would see anything. That is just shocking to me.

1) I wouldn't so easily discount the Play on Wii titles. At least two of them will be in the Top 100 for the year.

2) They expected Wii Sports Resort in the Spring, so they planned accordingly. Therefore the only shocking thing would be that they didn't have a fallback plan.

By the way, does Excitebots have a Japanese release date announced?

donny2112 said:
1) I wouldn't so easily discount the Play on Wii titles. At least two of them will be in the Top 100 for the year.

2) They expected Wii Sports Resort in the Spring, so they planned accordingly. Therefore the only shocking thing would be that they didn't have a fallback plan.

By the way, does Excitebots have a Japanese release date announced?

No, but Excite Truck came out about 2 months after the US release. So maybe June-ish.

kswiston

It says something about the handheld vs home console market in Japan when the second place handheld outsells all 4 home consoles put together...

Also humorous: Based off of the Media Create numbers from the last few weeks, and the Feb NPD results, Nintendo is now selling more Wii's daily in the US than they do weekly in Japan.

cvxfreak

kswiston said:
It says something about the handheld vs home console market in Japan when the second place handheld outsells all 4 home consoles put together...

Also humorous: Based off of the Media Create numbers from the last few weeks, and the Feb NPD results, Nintendo is now selling more Wii's daily in the US than they do weekly in Japan.

It's quite possible then that most of the Wii's future growth will come from Japan, rather than the U.S. or even Europe. With the DS, Japan was the crowning jewel region for a long time (weekly sales there > U.S. monthly sales, for instance), before Europe eventually overtook it.

I suspect that Nintendo may refocus on Japan again in the coming months. If they don't, then I can imagine a repeat of 2008's PSP > DSL scenario that lasted for a few months, except with the PS3 and Wii.

markatisu

schuelma said:

And yet they could possibly go into June having lost next to no ground to the PS3. I find that just as shocking given the PS3 just unleashed its entire spring slate of big games.

Missed opportunity? That much is obvious but so was not shipping enough to the US over the last two years

d+pad

donny2112 said:
No word on Motion+ at GDC means that they're saving those discussions until later. Whether that "later" is the rumored post-GDC conference, the FY conference, or E3 in June, I don't know.

I have the distinct feeling NOJ will be saying something shortly - i.e. near the end of GDC. They (NOJ) haven't yet commented on when the things unveiled at GDC today will be hitting Japan, so I'm guessing that will happen soon.

Such a forum might be the perfect place to at least offer up a release date for Wii Sports Resort and Motion+. At least, that's what I'm hoping :)

markatisu

d+pad said:
I have the distinct feeling NOJ will be saying something shortly - i.e. near the end of GDC. They (NOJ) haven't yet commented on when the things unveiled at GDC today will be hitting Japan, so I'm guessing that will happen soon.

Such a forum might be the perfect place to at least offer up a release date for Wii Sports Resort and Motion+. At least, that's what I'm hoping :)

Especially since it was confirmed this week that Motion + will be bundled with EA's Grand Slam Tennis in July in the EU, since Japan is the more dire of all 3 regions it would be a more likely place to need a boost.

bttb said:
Famitsu Sales: 03/16 - 03/22
DSL 7800
DSi 72000
PSP 61000
Wii 20000
PS3 24000
PS2 5400
360 5100

Holy hell at colours making so many sales, surely people must be buying doubles, how many could be waiting to get one just because of the colour.
Good PS3 sales, I think maybe one more 20k+ week next week then it will hit the teens, also Wii will probably re overtake it next week.

Rolf NB

donny2112 said:
It's not in the Top 30. RE5, Musou Z, and Yakuza 3 are the three PS3 games.
Yeah, that's why I said "I'll wait until the top 50" =)
Tomorrow around this time, if I still remember the old rites correctly.

Top Bottom