• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 08/25 - 08/31

Vinnk

donny2112 said:
Exactly what I was thinking. I think Segata Sanshiro even just stated that used systems were getting scarce to find. :lol

I will agree. I went to 4 games stores yesterday and they were all sold out of new systems. (There were 2 used ones).

jimbo

Banned
jeremy1456 said:
It IS pretty much out of the question though, and while you have outlined your reasoning not a single one of your points is strong enough.

1. The Xbox 360 has had several price drops already, they did very little.
2. Reports have come in about tons of used systems being available, it seems gamers didn't want to hold onto the system after beating TOV.
3. Infinite Undiscovery is a new IP, and not one that's receiving heavy advertising.
4. Read point 2.

1. Not like this. It's the equivalent of the US price drop.
2. Bull....
3. Even Gundam moved units. I'm sure IE will do something.
4. Read point 2.

Anyway, there's no point in bickering. It's just one week away. I hope you stick around when the results come out next week and we'll find out then.

PantherLotus said:
famitsu data available since 2000ish?
From PS2 on. I wanted to focus on systems we'd have pretty good data for throughout the lifetime. By having a smattering of latter-day PS1/N64/Saturn/GBC sales we couldn't do things like see an accurate ranking of its software, or how system X's software was performing as of week Y.

However, I have been thinking of adding in such data from earlier yearly Top 100 lists, so at least notable entries from major franchises can be more easily compared with modern sequels.

jesusraz

Stumpokapow said:
It will be tracked in NA, but the odds of anyone without an NPD subscription seeing the sales are 0%; it won't make the DS top 10 for any month (a barrier set normally from 40k-80k or so), so even assuming we have a very data-rich month where we deduce all the top 10 figures per console, you still won't see the figures. Sorry :(
The only chance of ever seeing the 'game' in the charts is if it pops up in the UK DS Top 50 list at some point after release...As for solid sales figures, not a chance unless somewhere like IGN leaks them.

Top Bottom