• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 09/17 - 09/23 2007

jarrod

Banned
Tales of Rebirth PSP is 2008 btw. The only PSP Tales scheduled this year is the budget reprint of Radiant Mythology.

Tron 2.0 said:
You know, I'm really happy with the game, but I still agree.

Obviously it was meant for the Gamecube. But the small tweaks they made were definitely for the better and online is appreciated.
And that's sort of the key - the online is the biggest addition, and I'm still yet to be convinced the Japanese care about that type of feature much at all.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Segata Sanshiro said:
And that's sort of the key - the online is the biggest addition, and I'm still yet to be convinced the Japanese care about that type of feature much at all.

How has it performed globally?

jarrod said:
Tales of Rebirth PSP is 2008 btw. The only PSP Tales scheduled this year is the budget reprint of Radiant Mythology.
Btw, Ryu ga Gotoku and Ryu ga Gotoku 2 are getting budget re-releases (re-re-release on the first one) on 06/12. I wonder how they will fare compared to the first one budget re-release.

John Harker said:
Seems to be guarded apathy in NA (slack sequel, soccer), and I have no idea how it's doing in Europe, but I'd suspect at least marginally better there what with the england-five-germany-one and all.

Tron 2.0

I don't have exact numbers, but I think it was fairly well received here (Europe). I know online was especially active when it was released.

botticus

John Harker said:
I want to say it sold north of 300k in the US based on July and August NPD (somewhat evenly split due to releasing a few days from the end of the July reporting period). Not sure how that compares to the first Strikers or other soccer games, though.

Edit: Nevermind, not quite that high. 147k for August, and it was #12, so somewhere around 100k for July.

But I'd definitely say if not for the online, I would have kept the original Strikers.

jarrod said:
Wii
-Argos no Senshi: Muscle Impact (Tecmo)
-Caduceus 2 (Atlus)
-Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch (BNGI)
-Karous (Milestone)
-Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn! (MMV)
-Link's Crossbow Training (Nintendo)
-Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Nintendo)
-Metal Slug Complete (SNK Playmore)
-Soul Calibur Legends (BNGI)
-Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo)
-We Love Golf! (Capcom)
-Wii Fit (Nintendo)

add Power Pro Baseball Wii Ketteiban (Konami) and a Tamagotchi game (BandaiNamco)

jarrod

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Btw, Ryu ga Gotoku and Ryu ga Gotoku 2 are getting budget re-releases (re-re-release on the first one) on 06/12. I wonder how they will fare compared to the first one budget re-release.
Well, the RGG reprint almost doubled sales, right? Course it was leading into RGG2 hype... not sure if these reprints will have the same impact with RGG3. :/

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Interesting this(Nintendo slump, Sony rise). It only reconfirms to me the similarities between Nintendogs and Wii Fit.

jarrod said:
Well, the RGG reprint almost doubled sales, right? Course it was leading into RGG2 hype... not sure if these reprints will have the same impact with RGG3. :/
RGG 345k, RGG budget 450k, RGG2 573k. It must be one of the highest budget re-releases sales I've seen along with Minna no Golf series. I guess both are going to be quite smaller but it'll definitely be interesting to see

Oh, I saw this too at 2ch earlier and I think its interesting...

Wii HW   Famitsu     Media-Create
~09/02   48000      39371
~09/09   38000      29088
~09/16   30000      26181
~09/23   27000      24992
~09/30   25000

Segata Sanshiro said:
Seems to be guarded apathy in NA (slack sequel, soccer), and I have no idea how it's doing in Europe, but I'd suspect at least marginally better there what with the england-five-germany-one and all.

Didn't it do 300 k in the states? I'd hardly call that apathy.

apujanata

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
RGG 345k, RGG budget 450k, RGG2 573k. It must be one of the highest budget re-releases sales I've seen along with Minna no Golf series. I guess both are going to be quite smaller but it'll definitely be interesting to see

Oh, I saw this too at 2ch earlier and I think its interesting...

Wii HW   Famitsu     Media-Create
~09/02   48000      39371
~09/09   38000      29088
~09/16   30000      26181
~09/23   27000      24992
~09/30   25000

Very strange and bizzare comparison between M-create and Famitsu :(.

Top Bottom