• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 1/21 - 1/27

Durante

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
PS3 Disgaea 3 - 40k (LE 20k, Normal 20k)
Haha. Fuck you Terrell (<10k right? Not even in the Top 30?) :lol

Terrel said:
I've said it to many slings and arrows already (was even willing to bet a ban on it at one point) that Disgaea 3 wouldn't make it to the Top 30 on launch week, and the only way it could occur is if for some miraculous reason, a large portion of the 100K install base Disgaea 2 managed at the end of the 20-million-strong PS2 lifespan somehow jumped on a PS3 for this game when they're likely still quite content with their PS2s and its continued niche-market content.
We just witnessed a miracle people!

Laguna

Banned
These number are telling one thing, that many of your typical Japanese "hardcore-PS2"-crowd are already on boat. No surprise after Minna no Golf5, Ridge Racer, Gundam, Dynasty Warriors, Pro Evo, VF5 and GT5P.

Loudninja said:
Not bad as I thought, but not great
Disgaea 2 sold 70k first day with a breakdown of LE 20k and the normal edition 50k. D2 had the fanbase right there (PS2 2006), PS3 has the hardcore fanbase seeing the LE numbers but its lacking the normal folk. I wonder if it'd be more fair to compare it to the first Disgaea too, which sold 47k for the first week. Also we should consider N1 expectations for D3 (100k).

Durante

The numbers tell me that what I thought was obvious is actually true: there is very little correlation between the total installed base of a platform and the hardcore niche gamer installed base on a platform. It's utterly inane to just extrapolate directly for these types of games (eg. sold 100k on 20m base, will sell 10k on 2m base), like some people did.

Neomoto

Brawl did fucking excellent. 80% sell-through on day one, 500k day one wow.

Looks like Nintendo might have Japan on a lockdown in 2008 with Wii Fit, Brawl, Mario Kart Wii and Animal Crossing Wii (and games like Dragon Quest V, IX for DS..). Holy shit.

Loudninja

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Disgaea 2 sold 70k first day with a breakdown of LE 20k and the normal edition 50k. D2 had the fanbase right there (PS2 2006), PS3 has the hardcore fanbase seeing the LE numbers but its lacking the normal folk. I wonder if it'd be more fair to compare it to the first Disgaea too, which sold 47k for the first week. Also we should consider N1 expectations for D3 (100k).

100k? yeah they should be able reach that.

Edit: hey do you know how many of those were bundle ?

apujanata

AnimeTheme said:
http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/

First-day sales:

Wii SSBB - 500k (80% sell-thru)
Wii Family Ski - 10k

PS3 DMC4 - 140k (60% sell-thru)

XB360 DMC4 - 30k (60% sell-thru)

Not all new games are reported (yet) it seems.

Will Nintendo ship more SSBB BEFORE this week end, to anticipate possible SSBB sell out ?
I would like to see SSBB get 900K+ first week like New Super Mario Bros.

AniHawk

Neomoto said:
Brawl did fucking excellent. 80% sell-through on day one, 500k day one wow.

Looks like Nintendo might have Japan on a lockdown in 2008 with Wii Fit, Brawl, Mario Kart Wii and Animal Crossing Wii (and games like Dragon Quest V, IX for DS..). Holy shit.

Nintendo's got a lock on Japan for the rest of the generation.

Verve

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I think we should merge all this first day numbers into one post...

PS2 Haruhi - 105k (LE 80k (over 80% sell through), Normal 25k)
PS2 Tales of Destiny DC - 70k (LE 60k, Normal 10k, 60% sell through)
PS3 Assassins Creed - 20k
Wii Family Ski - 10k
Sega Rally REVO - 5k (PS3:2k, XB360:1.6k, PSP:1k, 10% sell-thru)
NDS Houkago no Shounen - 4,5k
NDS Mushishi: Amefuru Sato - 1k

Loudninja

Wii Family Ski - 10k

:D

Loudninja

reilo said:
You've been beaten, but your formatting is better.

Loudninja = Cheese, Verve = Cooltrick?

Nope, just me, the ninja ;)

Edit:Sega Rally REVO did Horrible

Edit:So Media Create next week should be

1.Super Smash Brothers
2.Wii Fit
3.DMC4

thats all I got

Fady K

Verve said:
Wii Family Ski - 10k

Wow! What an impressive week! SSBB sold as expected, great! DMC4's first DAY did even better than 3's first week on the PS2!! Disgaea 3 I didnt expect this at all either! Good for AC, kickass for Haruhi and good to see Tales selling good too! Awesome awesome awesome.

Verve

always reaching for the better.. :D

Code:
platform   title                      sold units           sell-through
Wii        SSBB                       500k                 80%
PS3        DMC4                       140k                 60%
PS2        Haruhi                     105k (LE 60k)        LE: >80%
PS2        Tales of Destiny DC         70k (LE 10k)        60%
PS3        Disagea 3                   40k (LE 20k)
XB360      DMC4                        30k                 60%
PS3        Assassins Creed             20k
Wii        Family Ski                  10k
NDS        Houkago no Shounen           4.5k
PS3        Sega Rally REVO              2k                 10%
XB360      Sega Rally REVO              1.6k               10%
PSP        Sega Rally REVO              1k                 10%
NDS        Mushishi: Amefuru Sato       1k

Awntawn

Verve said:
So basically, gaming isn't dead yet ;o

Fady K

Durante said:
Haha. Fuck you Terrell (<10k right? Not even in the Top 30?) :lol

We just witnessed a miracle people!

:lol Terrell got owned bad. And to think Disgaea 3 hit the same day as a special edition of a Tales game, the next Devil May Cry AND Super Smash Bros. :lol

gconsole

Loudninja said:

1.Super Smash Brothers
2.Wii Fit
3.DMC4

thats all I got

Do you think Wiifit will maintain 180k this week (that's my DMC4 first week estimate number) ?

DENKO

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Japan Sells

N64- 1stWeek:180,000 - Total:1,630,000
GC - 1stWeek:350,000 - Total:1.340,000

Wii - 1stDay&#12288;:500,000 - Total:???

justchris

AnimeTheme said:
http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/

First-day sales:

Wii Family Ski - 10k

Not all new games are reported (yet) it seems.

Sooo...Nintendo could have potentially sold 800k+ for the week if they shipped enough. Wow. Didn't I hear there was supposed to be an additional shipment on Saturday?

Looking at sales for DMC3 from JJS' site, those are pretty good sales for first day. The PS3 alone made 50% of the initial releases LTD sales.

And is it just me, or are we getting first day numbers earlier than usual?

Holy shit at SSBB – I really expected lower first-day numbers and a slow-burn, but 500k is astonishing. I guess the cap on first-week sales is just going to be determined by how fast Nintendo can get shipments out there. The first shipment of 630k (based on sell-through) is likely to go, or have already gone, so it’ll be interesting to see how much and how fast they can get more out there.

Family Ski is a little disappointing – am I right in thinking that it’s Balance Board only, or did it ship with options for other control schemes?

test_account

XP-39C²
Amazing numbers for SSBB, but i was actually alittle bit more suprised by the DMC4 PS3 numbers. I kinda knew SSBB would be mega popular, but that DMC4 would sell 140k for PS3 on the first day, i didnt think it would do that much. SSBB will probly reach 1 million before the end of February, which is incredible :)

Minsc

Gold Member
Cosmonaut X said:
Family Ski is a little disappointing – am I right in thinking that it’s Balance Board only, or did it ship with options for other control schemes?

Were you expecting it to do better than Sonic & Mario? That only sold 15K first day, has Mario in it, and look where it is now.

I doubt Family Ski was marketed heavily enough to grab the attention of the casual crowd, so 10k is pretty good if it can keep those numbers up for a while. Something tells me though, that if the game sold 0k copies, the number would be much more deserving for it.

So Brawl has a chance of breaking 1M first week, if they get another shipment in. Either way good numbers for DMC, Brawl, and Disgaea if it doesn't fall off the charts next week.

Brawl to pass Galaxy by the end of it's first month seems guaranteed. Wonder if it can outsell Wii Fit and everything else next week too.

Zoc

Interesting to see Yakuza 2 on the list. A bunch of stores I go to have had it on display beside a big screen running ads for Yakuza 3. Could be a sign Sega has a hit on its hands?

reilo said:
500 FUCKING K?

Wow.

Good sales all around. PS3 DMC4 exceeding expectations, no? Didn't Donny predict 90k for the entire WEEK?

Question: Will DMC4 exceed Gundam or HSG5 [whichever is the best selling PS3 title right now] for PS3 in lifetime sales in Japan?

What is / and at how many units is the best ps3-jpn title at right now?

Frillen

C- Warrior said:
Does the 170,000 for DMC4 - Day 1 - include bundle sales?

Why do people confuse 140k with 170k?

Loudninja said:

1.Super Smash Brothers
2.Wii Fit
3.DMC4

thats all I got

Wii-Fit sold 89k last week. How is it going to beat DMC4 PS3 which will most likely sell over 180k? It makes absolutely zero sense.

Top Bottom