• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 10/20 - 10/26

kenta

Has no PEINS
Wholly surprised that Namaikida is still on the chart for a second week. I really really really hope someone at SCEA decides to greenlight a localization one of these days :(

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
PantherLotus said:
Wait 'till the end of the year before pronouncing this one dead. I definitely think it will be less of a phenomenon than Wii Fit, but let's just watch.

Thats why I said we need to watch for a few more weeks >_>

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
HK-47 said:
Thats why I said we need to watch for a few more weeks >_>

If I were really delusional, I would point to the fact that Wii Music launched a month earlier (October) than either Wii Fit or Wii Sports did (November). Perhaps there's something to that?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
PantherLotus said:
Btw, have you read the description for Girl's Mode? You play as a Clothing Boutique owner and you have to use your charisma and what I assume would be called management skills to make money and expand your shop. Sounds compelling, actually.

Like Aerobiz, without the jets.

61GoMTNLD1L.jpg

Probably will buy it if it ever gets localised. For my little sister, I mean.

>_>

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Regulus Tera said:
Probably will buy it if it ever gets localised. For my little sister, I mean.

>_>

Of course, you should "test the game" just to be sure it is appropriate for her age.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
PantherLotus said:
If I were really delusional, I would point to the fact that Wii Music launched a month earlier (October) than either Wii Fit or Wii Sports did (November). Perhaps there's something to that?

And if I said lets wait a few more weeks, I meant lets wait a few more weeks. Stop trying to start something

PantherLotus said:
Btw, have you read the description for Girl's Mode? You play as a Clothing Boutique owner and you have to use your charisma and what I assume would be called management skills to make money and expand your shop. Sounds compelling, actually.

61GoMTNLD1L.jpg

This shit even supports wifi

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Private Hoffman said:
I told you guys that Wii Music wouldn't live up to the other Wii* titles.

Doing a lot worse than many folks believed.

You got to remember that Fit, Sports and Play were launched right during the holiday season. Music came out a month earlier. We won't know the true success of the game until after New Year.

Nocebo

Private Hoffman said:
I told you guys that Wii Music wouldn't live up to the other Wii* titles.

Doing a lot worse than many folks believed.
Do you think it will sell the similarly in the western market?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Nocebo said:

All the musings from the retail thread show it not doing so hot, but most of them are coming from game shops. Could be different at the big retailers.

I dont know whether I want it to do bad to see all the Nintendo fanboys scramble for excuses or to see it do good so all the non game haters cry.

Either way, Amirox's reaction should be good

Linkup

Let me guess, Girls Mode is what Intelligent Systems has been working on since AW DoR? I wonder which studio made it.

Nocebo said:

Similarly in an absolute sense? No, I think it'll do better.

However, in the west I feel the same way about Wii Music as I do in Japan in terms of it not selling nearly as well as other Wii * titles.

It'll do well, and certainly turn a profit. But I don't think it's the next huge thing for them.

Nocebo

HK-47 said:
All the musings from the retail thread show it not doing so hot, but most of them are coming from game shops. Could be different at the big retailers.

I dont know whether I want it to do bad to see all the Nintendo fanboys scramble for excuses or to see it do good so all the non game haters cry.

Either way, Amirox's reaction should be good
Yeah, whatever happens there'll be lots of delicious drama. I'd like to see it do good personally. It's a piece of software that is an interestingly different take on music games. I just wish there was more of an educational aspect to it.

-Double_A said:
Kind of glad to see Wii Music flop. Hopefully will tell Nintendo to put more resources into more serious games.
Seems like a rather ridiculous statement since:
1) it's not really a flop, yet
2) even if it was a flop it doesn't mean nintendo won't continue developing games you don't categorize as "serious"
3) Nintendo are developing several games in parallel including those "serious" games like a new Zelda for wii

Private Hoffman said:
Similarly in an absolute sense? No, I think it'll do better.

However, in the west I feel the same way about Wii Music as I do in Japan in terms of it not selling nearly as well as other Wii * titles.

It'll do well, and certainly turn a profit. But I don't think it's the next huge thing for them.
Yeah, I get the feeling the western market is getting more into nintendo's offerings on wii than the japanese are. I'm leaning toward WiiMusic not doing as well as expected either, however I find the fact that WiiMusic wasn't released during a holiday period a compelling point as well. It might see a surge in december.

PantherLotus said:

61GoMTNLD1L.jpg

Why is the back of the box on the front? What's on the back?

RpgN

Regulus Tera said:
I guess it went past the NES mark a long time ago. How long until it surpasses the PSX and the PS2?

100+ million and 130 million?

I think it will reach this figure eventually, what with the release of DSi soon.

lo zaffo

I don't think Wii Music will last until Holiday Season, there are bigger titles like Mario Kart Wii and Wii Fit and, to a lesser extend, Animal Crossing Wii on the spot. On Nintendo home consoles only a few title can win the market. And Wii Sport Resort will flop too. I prophetically said it [being not so serious].

P.S. I'm happy for Pokémon Platina and Rhythm Tengou gold.
P.P.S. here in Italy Mario Kart Wii and Wii Fit are Holiday Season title.

I nearly had a heart attack when I saw Raidou so low, then phew wait omg that's even better.

On Wii Music, I highly doubt it's done, it'll probably go way lower during November but when holiday season kicks in I'm sure Nintendo will pump it with heavy ad marketing (basically with all the money they didn't spend on development :lol). Otoh, amazon has quickly slashed its price by 31%, maybe jumping the gun too soon imo.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I nearly had a heart attack when I saw Raidou so low, then phew wait omg that's even better.

On Wii Music, I highly doubt it's done, it'll probably go way lower during November but when holiday season kicks in I'm sure Nintendo will pump it with heavy ad marketing (basically with all the money they didn't spend on development :lol). Otoh, amazon has quickly slashed its price by 31%, maybe jumping the gun too soon imo.

Wait amazon slashed Wii Music's price?

HK-47 said:

No they didn't. The price has always been around 4,500 Yen at Amazon JP. It's just some marketplace seller decided to be Mr.Tricky and list it at 4000 yen, then charge an extra 480 yen for shipping(listed separately), thus making it appear to be cheaper then it really is.

As for the the fact that the price from amazon.co.jp for wii Music is a 23% discount, only chump chumps who buy games at convience/department/the boonies pay full price for games in Japan.

For example: DISSIDIA FAILURE . Last Remnant Good bye. Animal Crossing loses! 23% PRICE COLLAPSE before the games are even out

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
viciouskillersquirrel said:
Absolutely. The hooker boots alone should be cause for concern.

I'm in Japan right now (on vacation), and for the past two weeks I've noticed that those types of boots are in.

Like, every Japanese chick is wearing them.

Just my two cents.

farnham

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:

another uninformed cheapshot on a very solid but underrated product

Nocebo

RurouniZel said:
I'm in Japan right now (on vacation), and for the past two weeks I've noticed that those types of boots are in.

Just my two cents.
Pics or it didn't happen :D

FINALFANTASYDOG said:
No they didn't. The price has always been around 4,500 Yen at Amazon JP. It's just some marketplace seller decided to be Mr.Tricky and list it at 4000 yen, then charge an extra 480 yen for shipping(listed separately), thus making it appear to be cheaper then it really is.

As for the the fact that the price from amazon.co.jp for wii Music is a 23% discount, only chump chumps who buy games at convience/department/the boonies pay full price for games in Japan.

For example: DISSIDIA FAILURE . Last Remnant Good bye. Animal Crossing loses! 23% PRICE COLLAPSE before the games are even out
Yes they did. They were selling it themselves with 31% off, now its sold via marketplace sellers. And no, 31% off isn't the common preorder slash they give, its 20% and Wii Music had that but then they lowered it to 31% off.

farnham said:
another uninformed cheapshot on a very solid but underrated product
Might be solid and underrated but it still looks cheap as fuck, which was what I actually said.

farnham

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Might be solid and underrated but it still looks cheap as fuck, which was what I actually said.
How so.. the people that are involved in the product probably get paid a lot more then average programmers in other companies..

RpgN

RurouniZel said:

Just my two cents.

They are nice. I wear them a lot. I think it's popular in EU as well.

Oh, oh. That doesn't sound good. To be honest, while Nintendo hyped the hell out of the game, I didn't see/hear a buzz between gamers like Wiifit etc. It might still manage to sell a respectable amount of copies, but it doesn't look like another succes story like the past non-games.

farnham

Banned
RpgN said:
Oh, oh. That doesn't sound good. To be honest, while Nintendo hyped the hell out of the game, I didn't see/hear a buzz between gamers like Wiifit etc. It might still manage to sell a respectable amount of copies, but it doesn't look like another succes story like the past non-games.
People seem to forget that there were many nongames that did not enjoy a lot of success

for example Electro Plancton or that Trivia game for the Wii that was released this year

Top Bottom