• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 11 - 17 Sept

cvxfreak

http://eg.nttpub.co.jp/ranking.html

1. (PS2, SCE) Minna no Tennis - 226,976
2. (PS2, Banpresto) Rurouni Kenshin: Enjou! Kyoto Rinne - 75,007
3. (DS, Square Enix) Final Fantasy III - 57,057 / 655,533
4. (DS, Nintendo) New Super Mario Brothers - 53,089 / 3,080,126
5. (PS2, Capcom) GOD HAND - 48,280
6. (DS, Nintendo) More Brain Age - 34,959 / 3,186,871
7. (PSP, Bandai Namco) Ridge Racers 2 - 28,232
8. (DS, Sega) Atama Scan - 27,890
9. (DS, Nintendo) Animal Crossing Wild World - 24,792 / 3,230,554
10. (DS, Nintendo) Cooking Navigator - 20,766 / 465,958

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Chris Michael said:
FFIII's sold 57057 this week...

Do people still think this'll reach a million? After Pokemon releases, it's all over.

FFIII is at 95-100% sellthrough each week. Whether or not it will continue to sell well when the production issues ease up is anyone's guess.

Busaiku

Chris Michael said:

Do people still think this'll reach a million? After Pokemon releases, it's all over.
If Nintendo can make enough cards.
As has been going on with past weeks, it's mainly a shortage problem.
But yeah, I do think Pokemon would drop it, but I can still see it reaching over a million if it can get supplied.

enishi

Chris Michael said:

It probably will. Maybe just later than someone's expectation.

Terrell

castle007 said:
God hand at #5??

It looks like a bad game. I don't understand why people here are hyping it
Answer: "ZOMGZ, Mikami decided not to cut off his own head to make this game!! It MUST be good for him to betray his word!!"

... or something to that GAF-esque extent.

Dalthien

Wow - Tales of Phantasia (Full-Voice) dropped completely off the chart. When is the last time a game debuted at #1, and then disappeared completely the following week?

And a horrible start for Ridge Racers 2. Kind of reminiscent of Metal Gear Acid 2.

Zen

Banned
Another Namco bomb?

How well did the first one do?

Dalthien

Zen said:
Another Namco bomb?

How well did the first one do?

307,739 Ridge Racers (+ PSP the Best) (Ridge Racer) (Namco) (12/12/04) / (11/17/05) - through Apr 10/05 (Media Create) / Jan 29/06 (274,682 + 33,057)

Dalthien said:
Wow - Tales of Phantasia (Full-Voice) dropped completely off the chart. When is the last time a game debuted at #1, and then disappeared completely the following week?

It happened the last time a PSP game was number 1

*zing*

And a horrible start for Ridge Racers 2. Kind of reminiscent of Metal Gear Acid 2.

Its all voer for the PSP sequals

Jonnyram

Oops, that's worse than Ridge Racer 6, which sold 29,891 its debut week.
I guess they should leave the game on 360 instead :p

Seriously though, if Ridge Racers 2 is anything to go buy, there'll be no need for RR6 owners to buy RR7.

cvxfreak said:
http://eg.nttpub.co.jp/ranking.html

1. (PS2, SCE) Minna no Tennis - 226,976
2. (PS2, Banpresto) Rurouni Kenshin: Enjou! Kyoto Rinne - 75,007
3. (DS, Square Enix) Final Fantasy III - 57,057 / 655,533
4. (DS, Nintendo) New Super Mario Brothers - 53,089 / 3,080,126
5. (PS2, Capcom) GOD HAND - 48,280
6. (DS, Nintendo) More Brain Age - 34,959 / 3,186,871
8. (DS, Sega) Atama Scan - 27,890
9. (DS, Nintendo) Animal Crossing Wild World - 24,792 / 3,230,554
10. (DS, Nintendo) Cooking Navigator - 20,766 / 465,958

If SE was smart they'd ship 100,000 copies of this game next week; I'm sure it would get through 80,000 easily. Once Pokemon comes out it's all over.

Where's Tamogotchi?

MrDaravon

PhoenixDark said:
If SE was smart they'd ship 100,000 copies of this game next week; I'm sure it would get through 80,000 easily. Once Pokemon comes out it's all over.

I'm sure they would if they could.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
jamesinclair said:
It happened the last time a PSP game was number 1

gundam battle tactics?

cause that one didn't drop off the charts completely, it went to #6 or something like that the next week and THEN dropped off totally.

cvxfreak

Dalthien said:

Or Shin Sangoku Musou 2nd Evolution, or Nouryoku Trainer Portable 2.

It may happen to Monster Hunter Portable 2nd, too.

Terrell

11. (DS, Nintendo) Brain Age
12. (GBA, Nintendo) Rythym Tengoku
13. (DS, Nintendo) Mario Basket 3-on-3
15. (DS, Bandai Namco) Tamagotchi Corner Shop 2
16. (DS, Nintendo) Eigo Zuke
17. (PSP, Bandai Namco) Tales of Phantasia FulL Voice Edition
18. (DS, Nintendo) Mario Kart DS
19. (DS, Nintendo) Tingle RPG
20. (PS2, Sega) Phantasy Star Universe
21. (DS, Nintendo) Wi-Fi Mah Jong DS
22. (DS, Nintendo) Tetris DS
23. (PSP, Marvelous) Valhalla Knights
24. (DS, Marvelous) Rune Factory: Harvest Moon
25. (PSP, Bandai Namco) Taiko Drum Master (?)
26. (DS, Nintendo) Mecha MG

Sorry it's not complete.... I did my best.

rod

Banned
wow console gaming is really dead in jpn isnt it :/

ps yes im aware number 1 and 2 are console but the rest? eek

davepoobond said:
they made tamagotchi btw....i think they know.

Obviously not. PSP's got 4 Tales games, 2 Ridge Racers, a Tekken, Ace Combat, Katamari, etc etc... arguably all of Namco's biggest franchises.

Also, I think it's great that Mario Hoops is selling so well. I find it to be an absolutely EXCELLENT game. Now that Camelot's gone, I really hope that SE will make an RPG Mario Tennis next ala Mario Tennis GBA... I would <3333 that so much.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Having played Minna No Tennis recently - I can yet again repeat - they need to make one for PSP :p Not that I expect SCEI to have such common sense... but whatever.

Seriously though, if Ridge Racers 2 is anything to go buy, there'll be no need for RR6 owners to buy RR7.
You really think R6 owners were the target audience for R7? Like, all 50k of them? :p

Chris Michael said:
Now that Camelot's gone, I really hope that SE will make an RPG Mario Tennis next ala Mario Tennis GBA... I would <3333 that so much.

What do you mean by "Camelot is gone". Are they developing Golf and Tennis games anymore? I was really hoping for a Mario Tennis/Mario Golf game for the DS.

PSP just can't get a break. Huge dropoff for ToP. I thought it was a sure thing to reach 100k. Could hardware be under 25k this week? 20k?

At this rate, it's going to start losing Japanese support real fast.

On a side note... Why doesn't Capcom make a Monster Hunter game for DS? That seems like it would sell off the charts.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Chris Michael said:
Obviously not. PSP's got 4 Tales games, 2 Ridge Racers, a Tekken, Ace Combat, Katamari, etc etc... arguably all of Namco's biggest franchises.

a lot of them are really just pre-existing games with little to no enhancement though. "2" ridge racers might as well be "1 and a half". The only real investment for Namco is Tekken, Ace Combat, and Katamari really.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Gamecocks625 said:
What do you mean by "Camelot is gone". Are they developing Golf and Tennis games anymore? I was really hoping for a Mario Tennis/Mario Golf game for the DS.

they makin budget PC titles now or something. Bye bye Nintendo sports games

castle007

Banned
Tarjeta Prepagada said:
I'm glad to see a 3rd party PSP game regularly in the top 10 nowadays.

It makes me smile :)

I know. Doesn't it give you this fuzzy warm feeling?? But then you realize that it is just Diarrhea filling up your pants

polg

Tarjeta Prepagada said:
I'm glad to see a 3rd party PSP game regularly in the top 10 nowadays.

It makes me smile :)

TOP_SPIN_2_LOGO_psd_jpgcopy.jpg

lol... that's a great way to spin it!

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
miguel_c_hammer said:
Wii Sports says hi

uhh... we were talking about the Sports line by Camelot..

I'm pretty sure - and, I may be wrong here, I mean, I rarely post ever and I know next to nothing about videogames - I'm fairly certain Camelot didn't develop Wii Sports.

Zynx

Hrm...will cooking navi be able to hit 1mil at this pace? But then again it might sell a boatload in the coming holiday season.

Edit: And Nintendo manufactures all the game cards, so it's not entirely up to Squenix how many are made, if factories are working to capacity. How does Nintendo dole out quota? I still think Nintendo's too conservative about manufacturing capacity.

Top Bottom