• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 11/27 - 12/03

donny2112

This week in Japan for the DS was only 83 units higher than this week last year. The next four weeks in Japan last year for the DS totaled 1,695,907 units. With only 1.5 million allocated for this entire month in Japan, this could get pretty ugly (compared to last year). Hopefully the Wii will ease the Japanese public's separation anxiety. :(
;)

GhaleonEB said:
That should help. If word of mouth is good on BD then the rest of the 100k in bundles could move steadily through Christmas. And if MS manages out outsell the PS3, even if it is for one week ony....l o l

It is scary that Sakaguchi's personal goal is below the amount of bundles they actually produced.

apujanata

donny2112 said:
This week in Japan for the DS was only 83 units higher than this week last year. The next four weeks in Japan last year for the DS totaled 1,695,907 units. With only 1.5 million allocated for this entire month in Japan, this could get pretty ugly (compared to last year). Hopefully the Wii will ease the Japanese public's separation anxiety. :(
;)

I am not sure that Wii will be available in Japan. It most probably will also be sold out (just like PS3) in 2006.

Yeah, Nintendo really need to up their production capacity for DSL.

Branduil

PantherLotus said:
Yeah but there's some sweet charts that are hardly getting any play at all! Let's talk about that.

And for no reason in particular:

[IM]http://images.redial.net/wiiartcontrollergirl.jpg[/IMG]

Wii-tan has a strange power about her. She's already gotten 1 thread locked.

ziran

Famitsu 12/4 - 12/10:

1. Gundam Seed vs ZAFT II (PS2 - Bandai/Namco)
2. Yakuza 2 (PS2 - Sega)
3. Pokémon Diamond/Pearl (NDS - Pokémon)
4. Blue Dragon (360 - Microsoft)
5. Wii Sports (Wii - Nintendo)
6. Wii Play (Wii - Nintendo)
7. Momotaro Dentetsu 16 (PS2 - Hudson)
8. Love and Berry DS Collection (NDS - Sega)
9. JUMP ULTIMATE STARS (NDS - Nintendo)
10. Kirby Squeak Squad (NDS - Nintendo)

(Bold = New)

sinobi:
Google translated - would be appreciated if somebody who understands Japanese can correct anything I've misunderstood, it looks like it says:

360:
Blue Dragon ~80k (incl. bundle)

PS2:
Yakuza 2 ~300k
Yakuza Best Price ~200k (total)

NDS:
Hardware ~250k
DS 1000 Recipes ~40K
Pokémon Diamond/Pearl ~3.5 million (total)
Cooking Navi ~600k (total)
Kirby Squeak Squad ~400k (total)
Love and Berry DS Collection ~550k (total)
Common Sense Training ~650k (total)
NSMB, Brain Training 2, Animal Crossing ~3.5 million (total)

Wii:
Hardware ~100k (still sold out)
Wii Sports, Wii Play ~70k
Zelda ~35k, ~200k (total)

PS3:
Hardware ~40k (still supply problems) (thanks to enishi)

Wow, that's bad for Zelda, and a worrying sign that it might not have legs. Selling less than 500K total would be a huge disappointment.

RaijinFY

Dot50Cal said:
Color me shocked, I was under the impression Zelda was more popular in Japan. What a rude awakening.

What? Never... Zelda has been always way less popular than Mario and other Nintendo franchises.

Matix

Pureauthor said:
Console gaming is dead in Japan. :lol

No, really. :lol

ziran said:
Famitsu 12/4 - 12/10:

1. Gundam Seed vs ZAFT II (PS2 - Bandai/Namco)
2. Yakuza 2 (PS2 - Sega)
4. Blue Dragon (360 - Microsoft)
5. Wii Sports (Wii - Nintendo)
6. Wii Play (Wii - Nintendo)
7. Momotaro Dentetsu 16 (PS2 - Hudson)

Probably won't last, but console gaming still has a home.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
uh oh, the next Zelda's gonna be an anime-styled cell shaded hack-n-slash (comes with 20mini games!) brawler for the DS (multiplayer, but not online) at this rate....

with character art by Toryiama

John Harker said:
uh oh, the next Zelda's gonna be an anime-styled cell shaded hack-n-slash (comes with 20mini games!) brawler for the DS (multiplayer, but not online) at this rate....

with character art by Toryiama
Minus the mini-games and Toriyama, that's what Phantom Hourglass is.

Mato

Yakuza 2 is doing surprisingly well. Sega must be pleased and relieved they finally scored some new fans.

Draft

E-Nature said:
oh, how was that again?

OMG NINTENDO IS D00MED!!!1!!
fyi, the whole ironic "nintendo is doomed" thing really stopped being funny and/or relevant when DS started moving about a million units a month worldwide.

yeah one week after launch Zelda is being classed as a Bomb?
Its got 400,000 people to sell to, and its sold to more than half of them.....bomb total i guess!
Nintendogs sold to 10% or so of the Japanese DS market, so bomb total!

KINGMOKU

DefectiveReject said:
yeah one week after launch Zelda is being classed as a Bomb?
Its got 400,000 people to sell to, and its sold to more than half of them.....bomb total i guess!
Nintendogs sold to 10% or so of the Japanese DS market, so bomb total!
Yeah I dont understand it either.

My best guess would be that Zelda in Japan ends up at, or around 650,000-800,000 copies In Japan. It a launch title, with a low userbase at the moment, and Zelda isnt as popular in Japan as it is in other countries.

I dont think it really matters to much how Zelda does just in Japan, as it's doing really well in the U.S, and Europe.

Had the title only reached 1million total around the world, then Nintendo would be a little concerned. As it stand I expect no less then 4million globaly.

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
You know, considering the news that the Nintendo DS just sold 500k units in Europe this past week and that the DS will probably average over 450k units per week in North America for the entire month of December, it's getting harder and harder to tell if Japan is still its breadbasket.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Barf_the_Mog said:
You know, considering the news that the Nintendo DS just sold 500k units in Europe this past week and that the DS will probably average over 450k units per week in North America for the entire month of December, it's getting harder and harder to tell if Japan is still its breadbasket.
I'm under the impression that there is still shortages in Japan so what do you expect? Nintendo will only ship 1.5m units for the entire Dec. in Japan.

Top Bottom