• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 12/01- 12/07

AFreak said:
Infinite World isn't on PS360. I tihnk that's why it didn't chart.
He probably means versus the most recent PS360 one; June's Burst Limit. It opened with 82K on PS3 and 13K on X360. Pretty front-heavy, though, and within the couple months it stayed in the charts it hadn't yet doubled its first week.

Zachack

Stumpokapow said:
Klonoa 1 - 48k first week, 112k lifetime (Famitsu, Captain Smoker)
Klonoa 2 - 33k first week, 74k lifetime (Famitsu, Garaph)
Klonoa GBA - 15k first week, 50k lifetime (Famitsu, Garaph)

what a good trajectory this franchise has.
It's building up speed for a strafing run.

Cedille said:
428 seems bombed.

Why do people say this? These numbers are pretty respectable due to the genre this game is in.

ivysaur12 said:
428 :(

Holy crap at Fallout 3 though.

Perfect case and point. I mean yeah the gerne 428 is in isn't quite niche as Fallout's but it's still niche.

It already did over a 50% sell through it's full week which is usually the target sales of a shipment.

Why do people think just because a game hasn't broke 100,000 copies it is suddenly "teh bomba"?

Mrbob said:
Fallout 3 in top 10? :eek:

Maybe it can hit 75-100K over time.

How well did Oblivion sell?

Like 86,000 or so from what I can remember.

schuelma said:
So what will be the next Wi 3rd party bomb?

I say TvC next week (but I think Taiko Drum will do well)

I wouldn't doubt TvC will get low sales. Big fighting games either sell well (Soul Calibur 4) or really bad (Virtua Fighter 5) it all depends on how many people prefer to play the arcade version.

Tiktaalik

Linkzg said:
gooooo Wagamama Fashion

MY PET FAV GAME BACK ON THE CHARTS :D

Someone import this so we can actually find out if it's good or not. I have no idea why I'm cheering on this random game. :lol

Adding some more famitsu info from sinobi/2ch

DBZ - 64000 (~50% sell through)
428 - 34000
Fallout 3 - 33000
Klonoa - 5800
LocoRoco 2 - 5100
Cooking Navi 2 - 3400
Layton 95k - crosses 450k
AC Wii 75k - crosses 480k

DSL 15000
DSi 126000
PSP 49000
Wii 54000
PS3 26000
PS2 7000
360 10000

I don't think Dissidia is the excuse for the PSP numbers, its just not doing as hot as before, must be pirate protection. Cue in PSP4000 in time for MH clones.

JoshuaJSlone said:
He probably means versus the most recent PS360 one; June's Burst Limit. It opened with 82K on PS3 and 13K on X360. Pretty front-heavy, though, and within the couple months it stayed in the charts it hadn't yet doubled its first week.
Not that front-heavy for DB come on, no Tenkaichi on PS2 has doubled its first week sales, DB DS hasn't done it yet either, the 3 Budokais on PS2 didn't either...plus latest numbers for DB PS3 is 161530, first week being 50.77%.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Okay, I checked in because I was curious about Klonoa...holy shit. NiGHTS 3 and NiGHTS 4 were released this week (CrazyBombco).

d+pad

Woof re: Klonoa. I wonder what this means for a release outside of Japan? BTW, has anyone played it yet and, if so, can you share some impressions? I'd like to know if it's worth importing.

Aside: It'll be interesting to see how Let's Tap does. My expectations are pretty low right now, which makes me sad...

Tiktaalik said:
MY PET FAV GAME BACK ON THE CHARTS :D

Someone import this so we can actually find out if it's good or not. I have no idea why I'm cheering on this random game. :lol
I blame noodel resturants.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
We're cheering on Wagamama because we think it is like Aerobiz for the fashion conscious. It could just as easily be Imagine Fashionz but this one is made by Nintendo, and the legs indicate that there may be some word of mouth occuring that almost only ever occurs around better-than-decent games.

I'm intrigued, but if it's a tycoon-style game at all, I'm in.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
ivysaur12 said:
Poor Kloana...

And I'm gonna guess Let's Tap! isn't gonna do too hot either.

Yah I'm thinking bomba.

The only 3rd party title I think will do well this holiday is Taiko Drum Wii.

Tiktaalik

PantherLotus said:
We're cheering on Wagamama because we think it is like Aerobiz for the fashion conscious. It could just as easily be Imagine Fashionz but this one is made by Nintendo, and the legs indicate that there may be some word of mouth occuring that almost only ever occurs around better-than-decent games.

I'm a huuge Aerobiz fan, and so I'd probably be into it but it probably has tons of text and is not import friendly at all.

JoshuaJSlone said:
These match up a bit better:
2007-12-31

Which makes both look worse.
To be fair, PS3's big spike last year was helped by the mid-November release of the 40GB model at a lower price; there's no such incentive this year. (PS3 would be behind about 100k units even without that, though.)

Kafel

Banned
I see MS is releasing games like Fallout 3 or Prince of Persia exclusively.

Let's see how this will work for them.

Frillen

PantherLotus said:

PantherLotus: What's the YTD difference between the PSP and the DS now?

I just realized the new PS2 Dragon Ball game hit America well before it hit Japan. Since when did that happen?

Klonoa stings, but it helps me if I remember that Namco released it at a almost-budget price point and nobody knew about its existence till only about 3-4 months ago. They couldn't have had very high expectations for it. But still, ouch.

Hive said:
guys, please support 428 when it's released stateside.. lol
haha, right(sarcastic voice).

I echo the question concerning CT. Were there any hints at a shortage or something?

jett said:
PS3 sales seem to have been stabilized into decent numbers
View Profile: jett
(neutral)
Mr. Positivity

Liabe Brave said:
To be fair, PS3's big spike last year was helped by the mid-November release of the 40GB model at a lower price; there's no such incentive this year. (PS3 would be behind about 100k units even without that, though.)
Well you had the added value thing with the GT5:p bundle and a bigger HDD, but it of course doesn't rival DW, new cheaper SKU, new colour and Shockaxis. Even then 2007's numbers were far from stellar either, so it's not like that's a big hurdle.

Golden Darkness said:
So this passes 2 million.

Anyone got a comparison to Emerald and Crystal?
Pokemon Emerald: 1.995.945
Pokemon Crystal: 1.871.307

distantmantra said:
Because the new target demographic that Nintendo has done so well with has no interest in games we think are good?
o _ O

AniHawk

Captain Smoker said:
*Media Create

YTD:
PSP: 3.356.268
NDS: 3.242.650
--------------------------
Difference: 113.618

If the DS keeps pulling 60k+ margins, then they'll have "won" the year in the final week.

Would be so sad if Nintendo pulled Sony's bragging rights away from them at the absolute last minute.

swerve

AniHawk said:
If the DS keeps pulling 60k+ margins, then they'll have "won" the year in the final week.

Would be so sad if Nintendo pulled Sony's bragging rights away from them at the absolute last minute.

I really don't understand the symbolism of this at all. If they are closer than a few hundred thousand units, it's never going to be used as PR is it? Not least because Sony and Nintendo use fiscal years rather than calendar years.

I guess when Famitsu do their annual charts, it'd be good for Sony to have first place, so in that regard I see it. But the big achievement is getting PSP to sell so well again, irrespective of if it outsold DS or not Sony can quite rightly trumpet 10 million domestic units, etc. for a system that many had written off just 18 months ago.

AniHawk

swerve said:
I really don't understand the symbolism of this at all. If they are closer than a few hundred thousand units, it's never going to be used as PR is it? Not least because Sony and Nintendo use fiscal years rather than calendar years.

I guess when Famitsu do their annual charts, it'd be good for Sony to have first place, so in that regard I see it. But the big achievement is getting PSP to sell so well again, irrespective of if it outsold DS or not Sony can quite rightly trumpet 10 million domestic units, etc. for a system that many had written off just 18 months ago.

I think Sony used the "in the last ___ months" excuse in a PR release last year when the PSP-2000 came out.

donny2112

AniHawk said:
PantherLotus said:
DSi 126,700
PSP 54,800
DSL 12,100

84K difference for this week. DS could pass up PSP with one more week.

AniHawk said:

It's all up to Dissidia.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Flying_Phoenix said:
Why do people think just because a game hasn't broke 100,000 copies it is suddenly "teh bomba"?
Because it is. They could have pulled these kinds of numbers on any of the other consoles. The point for releasing on the Wii was it was supposed to pull in bigger numbers.

Perhaps this means a PS3 port in 10 months.

AniHawk

icecream said:
Because it is. They could have pulled these kinds of numbers on any of the other consoles. The point for releasing on the Wii was it was supposed to pull in bigger numbers.

It's also probably cheaper.

icecream

Public Health Threat
AniHawk said:
It's also probably cheaper.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't take that much more to render text and graphic art in HD and utilize higher-resolution photos and movies, if you're referring to development costs.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
icecream said:

Perhaps this means a PS3 port in 10 months.

I hesitate to call a game that did 70% sell thru week one a
"bomba", at least without seeing how it continues to sell.

icecream

Public Health Threat
schuelma said:
The only thing that shows me is that Sega had a good estimation on the number of pre-orders and such from the fan contingent.

If it continues to sell similar numbers next week, then I'd be ready to say it succeeded in its goal of utilizing the Wii userbase.

Phife Dawg said:
Well you had the added value thing with the GT5:p bundle and a bigger HDD, but it of course doesn't rival DW, new cheaper SKU, new colour and Shockaxis. Even then 2007's numbers were far from stellar either, so it's not like that's a big hurdle.
I agree, my point was just that PS3's underperformance versus last year around this time is partially due to pricing. (Its underperformance the rest of the year isn't, though.) That doesn't mean that it's ever going to rise above a distant second place, almost exactly akin to Gamecube.

schuelma said:
Eh, sell through is nice to know shipped units and such but it shouldn't be taken to measure success. There's lots of variables that can alter shipments heavily (previous entries or new ips, reservation, promotion, publisher, platform, genre, bombas, release date...).

In this case its pretty easy to see Sega went safe mode after shipping more Imabikisou for PS3 that ended up being too many and after seeing how the Wii port of that same game did statical noise numbers.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
08. [WII] 428: Fuusa Sareta Shibuya de - 34,000 / 34,000

Edit : I was wrong 428 did better first week than Imabikisou , good stuff for my SEGA :D

anyway is there any other SEGA's titles released this last week or this week ?

Methinks this may be the time for me to start learning Japanese.

I really want to play 428(and Machi...and..well..about 5532532529230 other games) but hmm...where's that Learning Japanese FAQ RevenantKioku posted? I gotta try something new.

Top Bottom