• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Media Create Sales: 12/15 - 12/21

Parl

Member
Sep 15, 2006
3,166
0
0
Nottinghamshire, UK
Jocchan said:
Oh, it's Phil Harrison again.
 
donny2112 said:
Looking at a thread I made just over two years ago to predict the U.S. prices of the three consoles by the end of 2008 is pretty interesting.

I wanted to bring this back up, since it's now current, but I didn't want to bump the 2+ year old thread. Hopefully someone else also finds it interesting. :)
JoshuaJSlone 2006-08-13 said:
X360: 200/300
PS3: 400/500
Wii: 130


Sony tends to be slow on the drops (past PS1), and MS won't have such pressure to drop further.
Two out of three aint bad? Though my PS3 price was based on a level of success that wouldn't require many drops, rather than the treadmill of clearance price drops and upgrades.

Going back a few more months, I see I have a few images for long-term price predictions for if PS3 launches at $300 or $400. Instant fail!

ccbfan said:
I think Phantasy Star Zero proves what a few of us already realized.

PSP has an amazing ability of selling these type of mulltiplayer games.
Yeah. It's interesting that there's such a dichotomy even in the category of "local multiplayer games", because it's not like DS doesn't have some huge successes in that category, either. But apparently the overlap between Pokémon/Mario Kart and Phantasy Star/Monster Hunter is far from complete.
ccbfan said:
Makes me even more sure that S-E is an idiot not to put a FFCC of some sort on the PSP. That type of game is perfect for the PSP. Seriously make FFCC:CB on both Wii/PSP as well as KH on both Wii/PSP. PSP will help FFCC:CB sales in Japan and Wii will help KH sales overseas.
But Crystal Bearers isn't a standard FFCC title. Do we even know that it has ANY multiplayer?
Eteric Rice said:
So what happened to Phantasy Star DS that has this discussion going? I thought it did well, or am I thinking of a different game?
Compared to Phantasy Star of previous years, it would look pretty good. But compared to the PSP release of just a few months ago, not so much.
 

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Jun 22, 2004
7,964
857
1,795
Phife Dawg said:
You needed two to afford it during the launch. With the recession hitting worldwide you'd need at least three by now. But then again the price did go down - maybe two is still correct these days :D .
Yea, I was accounting for price drop in my post.
Anyway, Sony got the idea right, IMO they are just pushing the wrong game into hands of people this way. Granted as HD showcase, GT is better then just about anything short of FF13 demo.

But LBP is the game that was built for business model where the game can be given away for free (though it remains to be seen it can sustain itself in this genre and platform).
 

duckroll

Member
Jun 7, 2004
114,734
5
0
40
cw_sasuke said:
What competition did PSU had when it launched on PSP and what is avaiable know for th DS ? Maybe it was the wrong decision to to release it in a time with that many other releases, after all Phantasy Star isn`t THAT big of an IP.

I think that most ds owner, who play those types of games already bought a PSP for MH etc. Games like DQ or FF wie Multiplayer will still sell well because of the name - but i can`t see games like Blood of Bahamut selling too well...


Phife Dawg said:
It's not really extensive but overlap between the userbases could be a reason. Releasing these rather close to each other may not have been the best of ideas.

Those are good points. But the one thing that baffles me is why someone who owns a DS and PSP, and who bought Phantasy Star Portable and liked it, would not then want to buy Phantasy Star Zero now. It makes very little sense to me. Now I'm not a PSO/PSU fan at all, so I didn't get either, but if I did get PSP and enjoy it, there's no real reason why I wouldn't get PS0 as well honestly. It even has online play.

One of the theories I have is that many gamers for some reason or other, simply do not associate the DS with this particular genre, and as such it's not so much that they shun the games on the DS but it simply doesn't even enter their minds that they would get a similar experience on the DS. It's a lot like the RPG stigma that hit the DS early on (which is now ancient history) and the RPG stigma that is hitting the Wii now. There probably needs to be a break through title to change the perception of the majority of gamers (DQIX?) before things start moving.

I don't know what Sega could have done differently, but perhaps Phantasy Star just wasn't a strong enough brand as mentioned to be that break through title. It rode the waves of Monster Hunter Portable on the PSP, but it has no such luck on the DS here. Pretty unfortunate, because it really does look like Sega did everything that they could to push it and to produce a good product for the fanbase. At least it's assured of passing 100k, which is on par with most RPGs on the DS.
 

SilverLunar

Member
Oct 6, 2008
2,580
0
0
duckroll said:
So, does anyone have extensive theories of why Phantasy Star Portable on the PSP managed to sell 330k in the first week alone, while Phantasy Star Zero on the DS sells a mere 86k during the stronger end of the year sales period? Is this a bad sign for appeal of heavily multiplayer based action games on the DS?
I think it is that the psp game was riding on Monster Hunter.
Why it was the only one in the series to have this great sales?
PS0 was trying to achive these sales on the DS, but failed.
Becaus there wasn't a game it was riding on on the DS, it was just "another phantasy star", It was trying to copy on the DS the Monster Hunter fame, which doesn't exist.
 

Rolf NB

Member
Apr 22, 2007
12,914
0
0
duckroll said:
Those are good points. But the one thing that baffles me is why someone who owns a DS and PSP, and who bought Phantasy Star Portable and liked it, would not then want to buy Phantasy Star Zero now. It makes very little sense to me. Now I'm not a PSO/PSU fan at all, so I didn't get either, but if I did get PSP and enjoy it, there's no real reason why I wouldn't get PS0 as well honestly. It even has online play.
Isn't the PSP offering the superior version of the same experience? Maybe I'm overlooking something crucial, but does it not have all the same features plus nicer graphics?
 

SimpleDesign

Member
Dec 5, 2008
2,508
1
880
Fafalada said:
But LBP is the game that was built for business model where the game can be given away for free (though it remains to be seen it can sustain itself in this genre and platform).
Sony and Microsoft need to have more bundles with games like Banjo or LBP with consoles and controllers.

They've both dropped the ball on appealing to young audiences. Which is the worst mistake to make when marketing a video game console.
 

duckroll

Member
Jun 7, 2004
114,734
5
0
40
bcn-ron said:
Isn't the PSP offering the superior version of the same experience? Maybe I'm overlooking something crucial, but does it not have all the same features plus nicer graphics?

I guess that depends on what they're looking for out of the experience. PS0 has online, PSP does not. PS0 has anime FMVs and a completely different plot, so it's not the same game at all. There are also many differences in the game mechanics, stages, enemies, and basically they're just not the same game.
 

SimpleDesign

Member
Dec 5, 2008
2,508
1
880
duckroll said:
I guess that depends on what they're looking for out of the experience. PS0 has online, PSP does not. PS0 has anime FMVs and a completely different plot, so it's not the same game at all. There are also many differences in the game mechanics, stages, enemies, and basically they're just not the same game.
Well if the PSP version doesn't have online what's the point of playing it?

I played the story mode in the Xbox 360 version and man, it was just all around horrible.
 
Apr 17, 2005
6,476
0
1,490
duckroll said:
I guess that depends on what they're looking for out of the experience. PS0 has online, PSP does not. PS0 has anime FMVs and a completely different plot, so it's not the same game at all. There are also many differences in the game mechanics, stages, enemies, and basically they're just not the same game.
PSP (game) was made by Alfa System, maybe PSP (system) users have a crush on them :lol

Watch Radiant Mythology 2 outsell latest tales games for total lulz.
 

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sep 9, 2006
27,409
3
0
bcn-ron said:
Isn't the PSP offering the superior version of the same experience? Maybe I'm overlooking something crucial, but does it not have all the same features plus nicer graphics?

No, PS0 and PSU are 2 different games. But yeah i think it has to do with the graphics, Monster Hunter kinda graphics are the standard i guess and even if PSO looks awesome for a ds game, it can`t compare with the PSP Games.

duckroll said:
Those are good points. But the one thing that baffles me is why someone who owns a DS and PSP, and who bought Phantasy Star Portable and liked it, would not then want to buy Phantasy Star Zero now. It makes very little sense to me. Now I'm not a PSO/PSU fan at all, so I didn't get either, but if I did get PSP and enjoy it, there's no real reason why I wouldn't get PS0 as well honestly. It even has online play.

Yeah, you would think that at least. But we really don`t know how much players were satisfied with the PSU offering on PSP, it sold much but maybe at the end not many player kept playing the game and won`t give the DS Game a shot because of that. Or maybe they just put already to much hours into the PSP Version and just don`t want to imigrate another time - afterall there is a limit at how many of those mp focused games you can play seriously i guess.

duckroll said:
One of the theories I have is that many gamers for some reason or other, simply do not associate the DS with this particular genre, and as such it's not so much that they shun the games on the DS but it simply doesn't even enter their minds that they would get a similar experience on the DS. It's a lot like the RPG stigma that hit the DS early on (which is now ancient history) and the RPG stigma that is hitting the Wii now. There probably needs to be a break through title to change the perception of the majority of gamers (DQIX?) before things start moving.

Yeah .... at that point i think only Square Enix or Nintendo themselves could provide those kind break-trough title. Yes the Wii is getting MH Tri and probably some port of the older MH Games. But how many will play it on Wii, when most expect a PSP Version soon after ? Sure it will sell, but would sell way better when there would be already a successful multiplayer Game like that which had captured interest of gamers.

duckroll said:
I don't know what Sega could have done differently, but perhaps Phantasy Star just wasn't a strong enough brand as mentioned to be that break through title. It rode the waves of Monster Hunter Portable on the PSP, but it has no such luck on the DS here. Pretty unfortunate, because it really does look like Sega did everything that they could to push it and to produce a good product for the fanbase. At least it's assured of passing 100k, which is on par with most RPGs on the DS.

Really can`t blame Sega, they did everything right. I hope that that'll will keep selling through word of mouth in Japan and better in the west.

Wonder how Echoes of Time and KH 358 over 2 Days will do ? uh...

SimpleDesign said:
Well if the PSP version doesn't have online what's the point of playing it?

Monster Hunter on PSP says hi.
 

duckroll

Member
Jun 7, 2004
114,734
5
0
40
SimpleDesign said:
Well if the PSP version doesn't have online what's the point of playing it?

I played the story mode in the Xbox 360 version and man, it was just all around horrible.

The Monster Hunter Portable games don't have online either...

cw_sasuke said:
Wonder how Echoes of Time and KH 358 over 2 Days will do ? uh...

I think those games will hit a different fanbase. EoT will likely do as well or slightly better than FFCC:RoF. KH DS should do fine too. It's a KH game in the end and that's really all that matters. KHCoM managed to pull in over 300k iirc on the GBA, so this should do as well or better.
 

Eteric Rice

Member
Jan 13, 2007
16,608
160
1,205
SimpleDesign said:
Well if the PSP version doesn't have online what's the point of playing it?

I played the story mode in the Xbox 360 version and man, it was just all around horrible.

They play Monster Hunter titles socially (in person), not online.
 

Rolf NB

Member
Apr 22, 2007
12,914
0
0
duckroll said:
I guess that depends on what they're looking for out of the experience. PS0 has online, PSP does not. PS0 has anime FMVs and a completely different plot, so it's not the same game at all. There are also many differences in the game mechanics, stages, enemies, and basically they're just not the same game.
Aha! Sorry for barging in without knowing that.
I just seem to remember the local multiplayer being touted as the big thing that draws people into the Monster Hunters and the P*Ps, and not so much the single-player experience. It's a cliche, but maybe the online feature is just not significant to most of the Japanese market still. It definitely warrants some explanation.

Those changes in play mechanics, would you describe them as merely accomodating the different button configs, or do they change the feel of the game?

It wasn't always like this but I'm now perpetually enraged about the DSlite's ergonomics. When given any choice, I'd always buy multiplat games for the PSP, especially when they involve realtime action. Maybe Japan at large is telepathically influenced by my feelings.
 

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sep 9, 2006
27,409
3
0
duckroll said:
I think those games will hit a different fanbase. EoT will likely do as well or slightly better than FFCC:RoF. KH DS should do fine too. It's a KH game in the end and that's really all that matters. KHCoM managed to pull in over 300k iirc on the GBA, so this should do as well or better.

So those both Game will probably sell like 300-500K at least. Hmm.... compared with those sales ( and other DS RPGs) i don`t see the PS0 First Week as such a big disappointment. After all the DS isn`t the console which is popular for those kinda games....just like the Wii will never be the console where people expect UBER eye-candy like FF13 or hardcore Bemus.
 

SimpleDesign

Member
Dec 5, 2008
2,508
1
880
Eteric Rice said:
They play Monster Hunter titles socially (in person), not online.
But the PS2 games do have online right, but aren't anywhere near as popular.

Is the local play in the DS PS version really inferior compared to it's PSP cousin?
 

Emotions

Member
Sep 15, 2005
3,642
0
0
Hopefully PS0 will do better overseas i for one like it's style and the presentation way more than PSU offers and that comes from a PSO fan.
 
Some decently useful new limits added into the Garaph Game Search. When I recently did that look at how long various systems had between games that did 250K, I had to take all the results and do some extra work to weed out the ones high enough. Now you can specify sales limits.

Wii games of at least 250K
GBA games from 200K-300K
PS2 games with last known sales below 20K

You can also just plain look at a fraction of the results. For fellow SQL users out there this is a user-friendly front for LIMIT, choosing the starting point and length of result based on the given range.

Top 10 PS2 games
Top 20 games released in 2008
Top Capcom games, #13-37, because we can

Or one could combine these and others, for something like

First 5 PS2 games released in 2002 that sold at least 300K
 

ccbfan

Member
Dec 3, 2005
4,052
0
1,190
JoshuaJSlone said:
Some decently useful new limits added into the Garaph Game Search. When I recently did that look at how long various systems had between games that did 250K, I had to take all the results and do some extra work to weed out the ones high enough. Now you can specify sales limits.

Wii games of at least 250K
GBA games from 200K-300K
PS2 games with last known sales below 20K

You can also just plain look at a fraction of the results. For fellow SQL users out there this is a user-friendly front for LIMIT, choosing the starting point and length of result based on the given range.

Top 10 PS2 games
Top 20 games released in 2008
Top Capcom games, #13-37, because we can

Or one could combine these and others, for something like

First 5 PS2 games released in 2002 that sold at least 300K


Woah when did you add a search interface nice. I've been manually type out sql before.


Edit :

Just a comment on your sql statements generators.

There's a problem with your LIKE searches.

The SQL code you generate does this

SoftwareInfo.TitleEnglish LIKE 'Mario'

while it should do this

SoftwareInfo.TitleEnglish LIKE '%Mario%'

SoftwareInfo.TitleEnglish LIKE 'Mario' is no different than SoftwareInfo.TitleEnglish = 'Mario' in this scenerio
 

TJ Spyke

Member
Oct 5, 2005
4,582
0
0
35
New York State
astore.amazon.com
Square Enix managed to sell over 3 million copies of Dragon Quest VIII at about $90 each? I knew they loved the series in Japan, but that's crazy (and yes I know some SNES/Genesis RPG's were almost that expensive here). :lol
 

Phife Dawg

Member
Dec 4, 2006
8,066
0
0
duckroll said:
Those are good points. But the one thing that baffles me is why someone who owns a DS and PSP, and who bought Phantasy Star Portable and liked it, would not then want to buy Phantasy Star Zero now. It makes very little sense to me. Now I'm not a PSO/PSU fan at all, so I didn't get either, but if I did get PSP and enjoy it, there's no real reason why I wouldn't get PS0 as well honestly. It even has online play.

One of the theories I have is that many gamers for some reason or other, simply do not associate the DS with this particular genre, and as such it's not so much that they shun the games on the DS but it simply doesn't even enter their minds that they would get a similar experience on the DS. It's a lot like the RPG stigma that hit the DS early on (which is now ancient history) and the RPG stigma that is hitting the Wii now. There probably needs to be a break through title to change the perception of the majority of gamers (DQIX?) before things start moving.

I don't know what Sega could have done differently, but perhaps Phantasy Star just wasn't a strong enough brand as mentioned to be that break through title. It rode the waves of Monster Hunter Portable on the PSP, but it has no such luck on the DS here. Pretty unfortunate, because it really does look like Sega did everything that they could to push it and to produce a good product for the fanbase. At least it's assured of passing 100k, which is on par with most RPGs on the DS.
There could be different reasons:
- Online play is not really that big of a selling point in Japan.
- People are still playing PSP, are satisfied with what it has to offer and don't feel the need to get PS0.
- People don't play PSP anymore but aren't motivated to buy yet another one in such short order.

I think if the userbases indeed overlap significantly there are enough reasons why PS0 has to suffer.
 

Baha

Member
Apr 5, 2008
7,268
0
0
Canada
I think the biggest selling point for PSP over PSU is that local online is something that Monster Hunter fans embraced. Playing together in a social environment seems to be more appealing than playing online. There are most likely more people to buy PSP than PSU since it's on the platform they're already using for Monster Hunter.
 

RpgN

Junior Member
Dec 19, 2007
4,531
0
0
The Netherlands
rpgnour.tumblr.com
duckroll said:
I guess that depends on what they're looking for out of the experience. PS0 has online, PSP does not. PS0 has anime FMVs and a completely different plot, so it's not the same game at all. There are also many differences in the game mechanics, stages, enemies, and basically they're just not the same game.

Also PSU is an enhanced port while PSZ is a completely new game! That's a great message to Sega, port all the way :lol Honestly I'm very surprised about PSZ (in a bad way). I guess if PSU didn't sell this much and surprised us, we wouldn't have this discussion. But it's obvious by now that the psp sells certain software more. Is it all thanks to capcom? Where they lucky?
 

°°ToMmY°°

Member
May 20, 2008
3,937
0
0
italy
i think the PSP found its niche in 4 players co-op games such as MH, PSU and possibly AGITO 13 (plus the other 4 players games just announced for the system). if capcom is smart enough it should port the RE outbreak games on the psp.

1) 4 players local co-op ( without bothering with online, but making it compatible with ps3 ad hoc party, just like MH)
2) PSP (where local co-op is a strong selling point)
3) resident evil brand
4) ?????
5) profit!
 

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
May 21, 2006
17,232
4
0
ccbfan said:
There's a problem with your LIKE searches.

That's not a bug, that's a feature. If he changes it to what you propose, tell me how someone would search for all games that end with "Gaiden". You can input in the wildcards if you want an exact search, or perhaps you might only use one wildcard if you want to. It's more flexible this way.

Perhaps Josh might change it to auto-add wildcards on both sides of LIKE statements if the provided data has no wildcards.
 
ccbfan said:
SoftwareInfo.TitleEnglish LIKE 'Mario' is no different than SoftwareInfo.TitleEnglish = 'Mario' in this scenerio
Yeah, but since LIKE works whether it's using wildcards or not, it seems like bothering to check whether to use = or LIKE would be more trouble than it's worth.

Or if you meant that it should add the % in automatically, I leave that up to the end user. That way they can search for 'Mario' or '%Mario%' or 'Mario%' depending on what they're looking for. An exception is that the Firefox search plugin automatically adds in the % on the side. Basically that's since the way I usually use the search plugins is through highlighting and the context menu, which since it involves no typing doesn't allow for manual addition of wildcads.

Stumpokapow said:
Perhaps Josh might change it to auto-add wildcards on both sides of LIKE statements if the provided data has no wildcards.
I think it's best as-is, so if you know the full correct title you'll get the game you want. If you know you want "Pikmin", no need to also list Pikmin 2.
 

donny2112

Member
Apr 18, 2005
18,797
1
1,590
bttb said:
Thanks to GEIMIN.NET for providing yearly Famitsu charts.

GEIMIN.net's great. Love the site. But YSO has had the Top 100s for a long time now. For the 1999-2003 Top 300s and 2004 Top 500, though, GEIMIN.net is the first publicly available source for it.

duckroll said:
So, does anyone have extensive theories of why Phantasy Star Portable on the PSP managed to sell 330k in the first week alone, while Phantasy Star Zero on the DS sells a mere 86k during the stronger end of the year sales period?

More competition on the DS?
For most of the year, the major games on DS have been single-player oriented while the three biggest games on the PSP have all been multiplayer oriented?

Just throwing out stuff. :lol

Edit:
I see these ideas have already been discussed. :)
 

ccbfan

Member
Dec 3, 2005
4,052
0
1,190
JoshuaJSlone said:
Yeah, but since LIKE works whether it's using wildcards or not, it seems like bothering to check whether to use = or LIKE would be more trouble than it's worth.

Or if you meant that it should add the % in automatically, I leave that up to the end user. That way they can search for 'Mario' or '%Mario%' or 'Mario%' depending on what they're looking for. An exception is that the Firefox search plugin automatically adds in the % on the side. Basically that's since the way I usually use the search plugins is through highlighting and the context menu, which since it involves no typing doesn't allow for manual addition of wildcads.


I think it's best as-is, so if you know the full correct title you'll get the game you want. If you know you want "Pikmin", no need to also list Pikmin 2.


That makes a lot of sense. This way the user decides.

I was thinking too much in full client user mode. Where they don't know jack about sql.
 
Aug 28, 2008
13,373
6
0
duckroll said:
Those are good points. But the one thing that baffles me is why someone who owns a DS and PSP, and who bought Phantasy Star Portable and liked it, would not then want to buy Phantasy Star Zero now. It makes very little sense to me. Now I'm not a PSO/PSU fan at all, so I didn't get either, but if I did get PSP and enjoy it, there's no real reason why I wouldn't get PS0 as well honestly. It even has online play.

One of the theories I have is that many gamers for some reason or other, simply do not associate the DS with this particular genre, and as such it's not so much that they shun the games on the DS but it simply doesn't even enter their minds that they would get a similar experience on the DS. It's a lot like the RPG stigma that hit the DS early on (which is now ancient history) and the RPG stigma that is hitting the Wii now. There probably needs to be a break through title to change the perception of the majority of gamers (DQIX?) before things start moving.

I don't know what Sega could have done differently, but perhaps Phantasy Star just wasn't a strong enough brand as mentioned to be that break through title. It rode the waves of Monster Hunter Portable on the PSP, but it has no such luck on the DS here. Pretty unfortunate, because it really does look like Sega did everything that they could to push it and to produce a good product for the fanbase. At least it's assured of passing 100k, which is on par with most RPGs on the DS.

While I can definately see your reasons I think I can explain the reason for the differences with 3 words "Tales of Symphonia". Case and point Phantasy Star Portable was the mass exception and not the rule. The game came out at THE perfect time possible. It was when the PSP was lighting up the charts, but there weren't any other games to complement it besides Monster Hunter. Those new PSP owners and current PSP owners had played Monster Hunter dry and wanted something different. Phantasy Star Portable was perfect for this. It was much like Monster Hunter, yet not Monster Hunter, there many new PSP owners who wanted another game, and well it had next to no competition.

Phantasy Star Zero is completely opposite. It came out in a time with a system that had tons of games that had just came out as well as other notable titles at release date. The DS certainly wasn't in a special scenario at the time of its release. And as someone pointed out this game has done better then previous Phantasy Stars besides Portable (assuming he's right because I'm not much sure about the series Japanese performance).

I give the comparison to Symphonia because similar to Portable the game just came out at the absolute perfect time to garner far more then the usual possible sales. Portable is the exception and not the rule.
 

duckroll

Member
Jun 7, 2004
114,734
5
0
40
Flying_Phoenix said:
While I can definately see your reasons I think I can explain the reason for the differences with 3 words "Tales of Symphonia". Case and point Phantasy Star Portable was the mass exception and not the rule. The game came out at THE perfect time possible. It was when the PSP was lighting up the charts, but there weren't any other games to complement it besides Monster Hunter. Those new PSP owners and current PSP owners had played Monster Hunter dry and wanted something different. Phantasy Star Portable was perfect for this. It was much like Monster Hunter, yet not Monster Hunter, there many new PSP owners who wanted another game, and well it had next to no competition.

Phantasy Star Zero is completely opposite. It came out in a time with a system that had tons of games that had just came out as well as other notable titles at release date. The DS certainly wasn't in a special scenario at the time of its release. And as someone pointed out this game has done better then previous Phantasy Stars besides Portable (assuming he's right because I'm not much sure about the series Japanese performance).

I give the comparison to Symphonia because similar to Portable the game just came out at the absolute perfect time to garner far more then the usual possible sales. Portable is the exception and not the rule.

The problem with your comparison is that ToS is only a huge success.... in the US. You can't really compare US trends with JP trends. In Japan ToS sales on the GC weren't anything outstanding or out of the ordinary for a Tales game.
 

linsivvi

Member
Aug 8, 2006
18,662
0
0
SimpleDesign said:
But the PS2 games do have online right, but aren't anywhere near as popular.

Big difference. All the previous PSO console versions required a monthly fee to play online.
 

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sep 9, 2006
27,409
3
0
linsivvi said:
Big difference. All the previous PSO console versions required a monthly fee to play online.

Just like the MH-Games on Ps2.
 

linsivvi

Member
Aug 8, 2006
18,662
0
0
cw_sasuke said:
Just like the MH-Games on Ps2.

Yep and I paid for both. :(

At least with the MH games I get to play RE Outbreaks and the Gundam VS games with the same fee.
 

Raist

Banned
Jan 27, 2007
24,541
1
0
Frillen said:
Strange really, considering:

- It's made by Level 5
- The first real exclusive RPG for the PS3
- It has been highly anticipated for 2+(?) years now

Anything under 200k would've been a bomb in my opinion. I predict WKC to sell around 400k-450k LTD which will be a decent performance.

Almost as good as Rogue Galaxy with an userbase 15 times lower is bomba ?
And I think you forgot Valkyria Chronicles.
 

duckroll

Member
Jun 7, 2004
114,734
5
0
40
Mr. Wonderful said:
Well, there's Famitsu, but even these numbers seem to be lost a bit without a new thread.

Wow, I totally missed that post in the thread. Donny should make a special Famitsu sales thread for this week, since we're not getting a MC update. It would be much better for continuing discussion instead of filling up this thread.
 

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Feb 11, 2007
21,699
1
0
nipponsalesage.blogspot.com
webshark said:
so is the consensus that MC is not going to release numbers until sometime next week then?


I think they usually release this weeks numbers Monday/Tuesday, then the present weeks numbers at the usual time.
 

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Jul 4, 2006
32,306
0
1,210
schuelma said:
I think they usually release this weeks numbers Monday/Tuesday, then the present weeks numbers at the usual time.

Correct, for the last two years at least. Next week will be sooooo much fun!
 
Jun 11, 2006
9,239
0
0
Captain Smoker said:
All-Time Top50

- Wii Sports up from #20 to #19 and passed the original version of Final Fantasy VII.
- Wii Fit should overtake DKC next week.
- Pokémon Platinum moved up 6 ranks from #49 to #43, could reach #39 next week, lol.
- Mario Kart Wii up from #57 to #53, should enter the Top50 in the next two or three weeks.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2zxth0y.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Jesus Damn. First 26 places are all Nintendo/Square/Enix. Holy Fucking Crap.