• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 12/15 - 12/21

duckroll said:
I'm surprised you didn't go.

5. WOW @ WII NUMBERS WOWEE
6. But there's only one Wii game in the top 10, and all the new Wii titles launching in the week totally failed.

:p

Karaoke Joysound? And of course there's the strong second-week sales of Taiko...

EDIT: Beaten. And, yes, it is a game.

Rocksteady33

Does anyone think that Wii Fit will eventually become the number one software for Wii? I'm not sure what Wii Play's LTD is, but isn't Wii Sports currently #1? Looking at these numbers if Wii Fit can continually double Wii Sport's weekly sales, it should eventually happen right? That's god damn impressive if so.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Rocksteady33 said:
Does anyone think that Wii Fit will eventually become the number one software for Wii? I'm not sure what Wii Play's LTD is, but isn't Wii Sports currently #1? Looking at these numbers if Wii Fit can continually double Wii Sport's weekly sales, it should eventually happen right? That's god damn impressive if so.

Yeah I think it will. It's only 400K or so behind.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Totobeni said:
please can someone , anyone give me SEGA's games top sales numbers on all platforms for this year ? pure thanks in advance

SPXI2Fl.png

cvxfreak

schuelma said:
I guess that depends on your definition of "game"...

On another note, I'm curious to see how REmake does this week. It sold quite a bit less originally on GC than Zero so in theory it should have a bigger audience. Maybe 1st week numbers between Zero and RE4?

It's also the holidays, so I expect it to be bigger than Zero's opening week, which was surprisingly big for a game of that nature. Pikmin's out on the same day too.

I think it's safe to say there's a diverse audience out there on the Wii that's interested in GC games, but for some reason is unwilling to make use of the BC. It could be due to lack of availability or unwillingness to buy GC peripherals.

Karaoke Joysound has a subscription service too. You pay a certain amount on a day whenever you feel like accessing a karaoke server network. It's doing great.

schuelma

Kandinsky said:
So i guess Im the only one dissapointed at Dissidia numbers :/

How in the hell could you be disappointed?

d+pad

06. [NDS] Wagamama Fashion: Girl's Mode (Nintendo) - 99,900 / 441,600

I'm amazed at the legs on this game. Is the interest in this one through word of mouth, or is NOJ marketing it quite a bit?

BTW, to those interested in a localized version of the game: I think it's happening, at least in the US. A contract job at for a localization writer (which I applied for - fingers crossed) just popped up on NOA's site and one of the requirements reads "knowledge of contemporary fashion a plus." Hmmmmmm...

Spiegel

Kandinsky said:
So i guess Im the only one dissapointed at Dissidia numbers :/

I just hope that it doesn't drop as heavily as CC:FFVII did in its second week.

I want to see the game doing 1 million+ LTD

cvxfreak

schuelma said:
How in the hell could you be disappointed?

It didn't surpass FFIII. EPIC FAIL

Seriously though, those are excellent numbers. I think the PSP hardware number is disappointing, though. I don't know what 2009 will be like for it, but I'm thinking it'll be closer to pre-PSP-2000 than post-.

schuelma

Spiegel said:

Seems like a game that might show more legs than something like Crisis Core. I think it can hit a million.

Kandinsky

Spiegel said:

Exactly! and at this rate i dont think its going to happen, next week and the week after should be interesting.

GO Dissidia!

KevinRo

duckroll said:
Maybe by the time Star Ocean 4 is out?

It's going to need a couple more months after that.

According to donny's chart it looks like the holiday bump ends around the 2nd week of January, so 360 sales will probably stagnate around 8-10k for a while. Even with SO4 the hardware bump wont be THAT much significant. It will put the 360 around the 900,000 mark in February and from there who knows.

schuelma

cvxfreak said:
I think the PSP hardware number is disappointing, though. I don't know what 2009 will be like for it, but I'm thinking it'll be closer to pre-PSP-2000 than post-.

Agree. It had a great 2008, no question, but the trend the past month or so isn't quite as positive.

Rocksteady33

Pokemon Platnium's staying power is also incredible. I now that is has now passed Emerald, anyone know what Crystal's LTD is? I'm sure it won't be able to catch that, but would be interesting to see how close the gap gets when all is said and done.

Diamond/Pearl/Platnium vs. Gold/Silver/Crystal would be of interest to.

Spiegel

cvxfreak said:
It didn't surpass FFIII. EPIC FAIL

Seriously though, those are excellent numbers. I think the PSP hardware number is disappointing, though. I don't know what 2009 will be like for it, but I'm thinking it'll be closer to pre-PSP-2000 than post-.

Agree. It had a great 2008, no question, but the trend the past month or so isn't quite as positive.

Psp had a better end of the year in 2007 thanks to the red psp. This year sony hasn't released new colors

JPNHandhelds-21.png

Compared to last year it's down, but not by that much

jakncoke

Banned
I wonder when Sony plans on releasing a smaller version of PS3, what's the expectations on WKC from reasonable members, what was it's famitsu score?

womfalcs3

Banned
jakncoke said:
I wonder when Sony plans on releasing a smaller version of PS3, what's the expectations on WKC from reasonable members, what was it's famitsu score?

Three 7's and an 8 I believe. So I don't know if it'll be a big seller.

Hive

Banned
d+pad said:
06. [NDS] Wagamama Fashion: Girl's Mode (Nintendo) - 99,900 / 441,600

I'm amazed at the legs on this game. Is the interest in this one through word of mouth, or is NOJ marketing it quite a bit?

BTW, to those interested in a localized version of the game: I think it's happening, at least in the US. A contract job at for a localization writer (which I applied for - fingers crossed) just popped up on NOA's site and one of the requirements reads "knowledge of contemporary fashion a plus." Hmmmmmm...

I'm not in Japan, but I have been noticing Nintendo giving Wagamama a good amount of marketing~

They are probably targeting the "Love and Berry" crowd. while the appeal of the game is customization

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Rocksteady33 said:
Diamond/Pearl/Platnium vs. Gold/Silver/Crystal would be of interest to.

By Japan-Gamecharts.com numbers, excluding platinum which is the weekly number
gs = 6.088 c = 1.845 gsc = 7.933
dp = 5.578 plat = 2.152 dpplat = 7.730
rb(g?) = 5.655 y = 1.900 rbgy = 7.555
rusa = 5.337 e = 1.947 rusae = 7.284

Captain Smoker has MASSIVELY different numbers (RBG = 10.077 million, for example). I don't pretend to know who between the two has more complete numbers, but it's probably Captain Smoker in this case.

Stumpokapow said:
By Japan-Gamecharts.com numbers, excluding platinum which is the weekly number
gs = 6.088 c = 1.845 gsc = 7.933
dp = 5.578 plat = 2.152 dpplat = 7.730
rb(g?) = 5.655 y = 1.900 rbgy = 7.555
rusa = 5.337 e = 1.947 rusae = 7.284

Captain Smoker has MASSIVELY different numbers (RBG = 10.077 million, for example). I don't pretend to know who between the two has more complete numbers, but it's probably Captain Smoker in this case.
You're right, the number includes Pokémon Yellow, I forgot to update it. ^^

Example (YSO 2000 Top100): http://translate.google.com/transla...top100.htm&sl=ja&tl=en&history_state0=&swap=1

"Red, green and blue Pokemon Pikachu" - 9,980,029

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Captain Smoker said:
You're right, the number includes Pokémon Yellow, I forgot to update it. ^^

Example (YSO 2000 Top100): http://translate.google.com/transla...top100.htm&sl=ja&tl=en&history_state0=&swap=1

"Red, green and blue Pokemon Pikachu" - 9,980,029

Okay, that makes a little bit more sense. Could it be possible that Moor Angol's numbers are red and green, and not blue? His numbers, including yellow, are that ~7.5 million figure. Not including Blue might account for the missing 2.5 million units.

... although that's strange, because I'm reasonably certain the Japanese Blue was a limited edition thing.

Dissidia definitely has a good shot of hitting a million - it's showed a similar opening week to Crisis Core but with the release being at the end of the year should see it have much stronger 2nd / 3rd week sales.

Some crazy legs on a few of the Nintendo titles.

Hmm, otherwise, "Game Data Museum" doesn't mention Pokémon Yellow (or it's just a bad translation):

ポケットモンスター 赤・緑・青・ピカチュウ

Pocket Monsters Could a person red-green-blue-hee ordered the channel o

http://translate.google.com/transla...ies.jp/v7160c_l5/&sl=ja&tl=en&history_state0=

2chan too:
use CTRL + F

http://game.2ch.net/ghard/kako/1019/10198/1019822268.html

ポケモン(赤・緑・青・ピカチュウ)

Pokemon (red, green and blue channel counter-hee o ° c)

zoku88

Oh, what do you know, Tales of Heart didn't destroy Dissidia sales after all. Against my earlier prediction

Yea, Im kidding

jeremy1456

I wonder if Sony will rely on their strategy from this year for the next.

Release new color(s) every single month, and a new PSP model quarterly.

Linkup

So much for Let's Tap, doubt it's going to have much of any legs with a start like that. Bleach and Sonic didn't fair that well either. Konami seems to be doing better on DS though.

Perdew

Linkup said:
So much for Let's Tap, doubt it's going to have much of any legs with a start like that. Bleach and Sonic didn't fair that well either. Konami seems to be doing better on DS though.

Speaking of Konami, I'm surprised that IIDX sold 17k. That's pretty nice since it's just a dump of the arcade code. Good for them!

polg

So why did T.vsC. bomb? Or didn't it? Was it on the wrong platform? Was Capcom actually expecting to sell the current total?

SO MANY UNANSWERED QUESTIONS @_@

le.phat said:
hmm, always thought the 'Tales of..' series were huge in japan, but there figures indicate otherwise. Maybe Namco should put this series on ice for a while :/
Not an expert on the series but i think it has to do with the games being released in a short time frame.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Stumpokapow said:

thank you

hu well , I guess not good but not that bad , but their 2009 titles already look better with more games on DS and Wii like Seventh Dragon , Sonic and the Black Knight , Suzumiya , Mugen Kouro , I guess they should consider bring RGG series to Wii and ( ports , capcom style ) , maybe more RPG and some more sequels of their games on all platforms , no more exclusives on their HD front could help too .

slaughterking said:
So is there anything left for the year besides PS0 and WKC?
That's all:

12/22 - 12/28/2008

NDS:
12/25 Akaiito DS
12/25 Asoberu Eigo: Word Magic DS
12/25 Kokoro ga Uruou Birei Aquarium DS 2: Sekai no Uo to Ikura-Kujira Tachi
12/25 Magical Zunou Power!!
12/25 Minna de Dokusho: Keatai Shousetsu Desu
12/25 Phantasy Star Zero
12/25 RIZ-ZOAWD
12/25 Team Batista no Eikou: Shinjitsu o Tsumugu 4-tsu no Karte

PS3:
12/25 Alone in the Dark
12/25 BioShock
12/25 Far Cry 2
12/25 White Knight Chronicles
12/25 Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution

PSP:
12/25 Cherry Blossom Portable
12/25 Oretachi no Survival Game Portable

Wii:
12/25 BioHazard
12/25 Pikmin (Wii de Asobu)

X360:
12/25 Alone in the Dark
12/25 Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution

PS2:
12/25 Pachitte Chonmage Tatsujin 15: Pachinko Fuyu no Sonata 2

12/29 - 01/04/2009

NDS:
12/30 Minna de Jibun no Setsumeisho: B-Kata, A-Kata, AB-Kata, O-Kata

PS2:
----

PS3:
----

PSP:
----

Wii:
----

X360:
----

polg said:
So why did T.vsC. bomb? Or didn't it? Was it on the wrong platform? Was Capcom actually expecting to sell the current total?

SO MANY UNANSWERED QUESTIONS @_@

TvC was more of a budget title then a big hitter for Capcom from the info I've gathered. They put very little advertising, and it was mostly Tatsunoko who played the strings (I.E. Tatsunoko asked Capcom to make the game not the other way around).

slaughterking said:
@Captain Smoker
Oh, thank you. So there is also RIZ-ZOAWD, which will bomb horribly, and the two Wiimakes.

I doubt RIZ-ZOAWD has high expectations to begin with. These games usually have like 60-80k projections from what I've seen.

The term "bomb" is FAR overused.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
WTF is this Konami Pinguin DS Games about ? Looks simple/cheap....

Flying_Phoenix said:
I doubt RIZ-ZOAWD has high expectations to begin with. These games usually have like 60-80k projections from what I've seen.

The term "bomb" is FAR overused.
Well, the expectations for such a game are pretty low, obviously, but it's going to struggle to even reach 60k sold units, imo.

Top Bottom