• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 12/31 - 1/6 2008

ksamedi

charlequin said:
Yeah. I had no good reason to whatsoever, but I was hoping for a number in the ~40k region to show that sales were still continuing at some halfway decent pace. 20k means the game is almost done and will probably crap out at 600k. :(

I think 750k would be a better bet. Usually these games make an extra 200k under the radar.

jarrod

Banned
DQ for PSN in any shape (either Classic reissues or ground up remakes) is out probably... Horii seems pretty smitten with Nintendo. We might get DQVII on DS though. :lol

FF remakes or enhanced ports for PSN I can definitely see, especially with the EGM/SG rumors. No classic reissues though, and none for VC either I'd bet.

apujanata

AnimeTheme said:
By the way, Shinobi has quoted an interesting survey conducted by SCE regarding PSP Slim.

http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/

Motives for buying PSP Slim

1:65%:Thin, light and small
2:39%:Design and colors
3:38%:Music, movies and other multimedia features
4:27%:Interesting softwares
5:21%:1Seg Tuner
6:19%:It's Sony!
7:14%:Price
8:13%:TV output

The percentage of female buyers of old fat PSP is just 13%, so there is a significant increase in the case of PSP Slim.

Women are always very concerned with size and weight of things, while man usually don't mind weight (but slightly concerned with size). IMO.

Edit : Removed the 4% thing. Mis-reading FTL. (I read it as 4.27%) :(

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
apujanata said:
Only 4% buy it for games (Software) ? Does this means we can only expect maximum sales of 4% of PSP Slim owner ? If only M-create track separately PSP Slim owner. Did Sony discontinue the old PSP, and only release PSP Slim nowadays (unlike Nintendo, which still produce DS a few months after DSL release) ?

Women are always very concerned with size and weight of things, while man usually don't mind weight (but slightly concerned with size). IMO.

wut?

Innotech

Banned
apujanata said:
Only 4% buy it for games (Software) ? Does this means we can only expect maximum sales of 4% of PSP Slim owner ? If only M-create track separately PSP Slim owner. Did Sony discontinue the old PSP, and only release PSP Slim nowadays (unlike Nintendo, which still produce DS a few months after DSL release) ?

well I guess 27=4 now.

donny2112

I believe he means 1 in 4.

Question:
Since comparing any system to the PS2 for third-party sales is a useless endeavour, what system should we be comparing the Wii to?

apujanata said:

:lol

ksamedi said:
I think 750k would be a better bet. Usually these games make an extra 200k under the radar.
What do you mean by "these games"? An FF increasing by a further third or so under the radar seems really, really unusual. Between its last appearance in the Top 30s (May 2006) and the end of 2006, FF XII gained 40K.

Though taking a look now, I guess FF III did gain about 70K in the first half of 2007 without making a Top 30 appearance.

ksamedi

JoshuaJSlone said:
What do you mean by "these games"? An FF increasing by a further third or so under the radar seems really, really unusual. Between its last appearance in the Top 30s (May 2006) and the end of 2006, FF XII gained 40K.

Though taking a look now, I guess FF III did gain about 70K in the first half of 2007 without making a Top 30 appearance.

I meant big selling games, but I could have been wrong.

gconsole

jarrod said:
Tracking outlets vary obviously, but about 1.5m iirc. So for SEGA's top 3, it'd be...

-Virtua Fighter 2 (SS) ~1.500.000
-Oshare Majo Love & Berry Collection (DS) ~1.000.000
-Virtua Fighter (SS) ~900.000

How could SEGA survive during last decade with only 2 games that exceed a million in japan?

Lobster

Banned
gconsole said:
How could SEGA survive during last decade with only 2 games that exceed a million in japan?

They were never that strong in Japan?

Just like Nintendo was never really strong in Europe.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
gconsole said:

You were paying attention right? They pretty much didn't.

Regardless Sega of old was basically a US company, with a huge focus in the UK.

Gaborn

Jasoncheng said:
inside-Ranking(1/7~1/13)
http://www.inside-games.jp/news/264/26404.html

TOP30
NDS:14
Wii:8
PS3:3
PS2:2
PSP:2
XBOX360:1

Assuming that's basically correct it's at least interesting because by my count the Wii picked up another game in the top 30 compared to last week when they had 7 in the top 30 (and 9 in the top 50). That might not mean much long term, but in the short term it's nice to see Nintendo increasing it's software dominance through it's console in addition to the monster of the DS.

ethelred

gconsole said:

They may only have had Virtua Fighter 2 selling a million, but they had a lot of other games that garnered really high sales. The Mushiking and Ryu ga Gotoku games recently were both very solid sellers for the company, in the 700k range; Sammy's pachishit games are pretty big, and PSU, much as I dislike it, was a good success; the J. League Soccer series, while not on the level of Winning Eleven, has been a consistently strong seller.

Really, even with only VF2 going platinum on the Saturn, the system was still a goldmine. Look at 96... NiGHTs did 400k, Sakura Taisen did 360k, Dragon Force and Decathalete and PD Zwei did 300k, Fighting Vipers and Fighters Megamix did nearly 400k, Rally Championship did 320k, Victory Goal and Virtua Cop 2 did around 250k, Guardian Heroes and VF Kids did around 220k... don't let your idea of sales be skewed too strongly by 2006/2007 vintage Nintendo. Obviously the company seriously declined after the Saturn, though. I thought everyone knew that.

tanod

when is my burrito
creamsugar said:
Famitsu

DSL 103000
PSP 84000
PS2 15000
PS3 34000
Wii 82000
360 5500

1.Wii Fit 93000(1005000)
2.Mario Party DS 52000(1493000)
3.Wii Sports 41000(2633000)
4.Wii Play 26000(2120000)
5.Layton 2 23000(697000)
6.FF4 20000(547000)
7.MHP2 20000(1551000)
8.Mario Sonic 20000(457000)
9.Mario Kart DS 19000(2783000)
10.Rune Factory 2 18000(74000)

Holiday OVER. :( That's about a 50% drop for everything.

donny2112

gkrykewy said:
So it looks like those who anticipated PS3 falling back to a 20-30k baseline will be right.

Give it until the end of January/mid-February to get a better idea of what the baseline will be.

Top Bottom