• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 13 - 19 Mar

cvxfreak

http://www.gpara.com/ranking/

1. (PS2 - Square Enix) Final Fantasy XII - 1,764,266
2. (DS - Nintendo) Oideyo Doubutsu no Mori - 70,932 / 2,187,805
3. (DS - Nintendo) Motto Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training - 67,222 / 1,571,729
4. (DS - Nintendo) Eigo ga Nigate na Otona no DS Training - 39,940 / 656,746
5. (DS - Nintendo) Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training - 39,718 / 1,722,597
6. (PS2 - Koei) Sengoku Musou 2 - 25,295 / 498,872
7. (DS - Nintendo) Mario Kart DS - 17,928 / 1,189,109
8. (DS - Square Enix) Seiken Densetsu DS: CHILDREN OF MANA - 17,574 / 146,700
9. (PS2 - Konami) Guitar Freaks V and Drum Mania V - 17,520
10. (DS - Bandai) Chou-Gekijou-Ban Keroro Gunsou: Enshuu Dayo! Zenin Shuugou - 15,650

ioi

Banned
Lol, in there securing the topic :)

Well I'm not getting the site at the mo, but we have FF XII on 1,764,000

And I don't wanna keep blowing my own trumpet but I'm sure i said something like:

week 1 1750k
week 2 250k
week 3 100k
week 4 70k

and getting close-ish (2.2m ish) to AC before dropping below it and AC extending the lead again.

And pretty much idential to FF X

AniHawk

1. Final Fantasy XII
2. Animal Crossing
3. Brain Training 2
4. English Training?
5. Brain Training
6. Monster Hunter Portable
7. Mario Kart DS
8. Children of Mana

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Jesus - Keroro charted?

I mean, i love Keroro and all that but this is one of the worst games i've ever played.

(10 is Keroro Gunso, 9 is Guitar Freaks and Drumania by the way)

AniHawk said:
1. Final Fantasy XII
2. Animal Crossing
3. Brain Training 2
4. English Training?
5. Brain Training
7. Mario Kart DS
8. Children of Mana

9. Guitar Freaks V
10. KeroKero 7

WE BEAT CVX! WOOHOO!

ioi

Banned
AniHawk said:
1. Final Fantasy XII
2. Animal Crossing
3. Brain Training 2
4. English Training?
5. Brain Training
7. Mario Kart DS
8. Children of Mana

6 is Samaurai Warriors 2

With all the excitement today i forgot it was a media create day. Thanks CVX!

good showing for FFXII and Animal Crossing continues to amaze. cheers!

ioi

Banned
DS dominance as usual, even Mario Kart is showing some pretty stong legs (we would all be pretty amazed if it were not for the other games doing even better).

And I must admit, COM seems to be hanging on in there 29k - 18k isn't too bad for a 3rd week drop so should now clear 200k, I was worried if it would even reach there before.

ioi

Banned
clearacell said:
as awed as we get with Animal Crossing sales, it only takes FF XII to get near there in a few days :lol

Yeah but this is accepted. It's Final Fantasy, they will always sell 1.5m+ in the first couple of days and drop off massively in the next couple of weeks.

ioi

Banned
cvxfreak said:
There are only three franchises that can do that. :p

Well there are only three series in the last ten years that have done over 3m in Japan:

Pokemon
Dragon Quest
Final Fantasy

So for Animal Crossing to join that club (and possibly Brain Training) out of nowhere is the impressive thing really.

Not knocking FF sales because they are obviously immense, but they were always going to be, regardless of whether the game is good or not, what score it got in Famitsu or anything else just because it IS Final Fantasy.

The more telling thing is how it compares to previous entries in the series.

RaijinFY

Exactly in the same range as FFX. Expected but I was fearing It would do less than the previous installment. Not exceptionnal but still great considering how in bad shape is the game market in Japan.

ioi

Banned
RaijinFY said:
Exactly in the same range as FFX. Expected but I was fearing It would do less than the previous installment. Not exceptionnal but still great considering how in bad shape is the game market in Japan.

Not bad, but I can see more of a drop-off than FF X and certainly lower sales from greatest hits etc so it really needed to do closer to 2m to stand a chance of doing as well as FF X really. It has done better than FF X-2 though.

cvxfreak said:
Because the first game isn't really negated by the second.

Exactly, both are selling nicely together and actually they seem to help sell each other (enormous boost for BT when BT2 came out, massive boost for both when ET came out, could well all see some more when the language games come out next month).

I think the two games will end up very close indeed in final sales with BT2 staying 10-20% ahead in weekly sales for most of the rest of the year and both titles possibly not dipping below 20k much.

So decent sales for FFXII.

Though it now seems that English Training will become a million seller also. Damn it. Also it seems that Children of Mana didn't drop off too badly this week. It might end up hitting 200,000. That should be more than enough to make up for the developing cost. Even though it probably didn't live up to Square's expectations.

CoolTrick

Banned
Why the Hell is Brain Training selling so God damned well in comparison to Brain Training 2?!

Brain Training 2 is only around 150k behind the original now. It should catch up within a month since BT2 usually sells around 1.5x-2x BT1.

u_neek

It's a bit fun to see all the DS's four million sellers in the same chart - months after the last one of them was released!

Monorojo

Banned
:lol Did FFXII sell more than every other game combined?

It performed about par with past FF released this millenium, i wonder how much it will boost PS2 sales.

AniHawk

Monorojo said:
:lol Did FFXII sell more than every other game combined?

It performed about par with past FF released this millenium, i wonder how much it will boost PS2 sales.

Maybe it'll go up to PSP levels.

Monorojo

Banned
you think it wont even sell double what it does normally ?

PSP sold 40k~ a week the last 2 weeks due to the early launch hype of DS, normally it was selling right on par with PS2.

Numbers like FFXII posted (it outsold all DS games in the top 10 6.5:1 WOW) should boost the system a bit more than that...

AniHawk

Monorojo said:
you think it wont even sell double what it does normally ?

PSP sold 40k~ a week the last 2 weeks due to the early launch hype of DS, normally it was selling right on par with PS2.

Numbers like FFXII posted (it outsold all DS games in the top 10 6.5:1 WOW) should boost the system a bit more than that right?

You'd think so.

EDIT: No one escapes my all-seeing eye.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
1. PS2 Final Fantasy XII - 1,764,266 NEW
2. NDS Animal Crossing - 70,932 (2,187,805)
3. NDS Brain Training 2 - 67,222 (1,571,729)
4. NDS English Training - 39,940 (656,746)
5. NDS Brain Training - 39,718 (1,722,597)
6. PS2 Samaurai Warriors 2 - 25,295 (498,872)
7. NDS Mario Kart DS - 17,928 (1,189,109)
8. NDS Children of Mana - 17,574 (146,700)
9. PS2 Guitar Freaks V and Drum Mania V - 17,520 NEW
10. NDS Keroro Gunso - 15,650 NEW

Someone can now translate 11-30.
http://eg.nttpub.co.jp/ranking.html

neo2046

http://eg.nttpub.co.jp/ranking.html

11 PSP Monster Hunter Portable
12 PS2 Gundam Climax U.C.
13 PSP Valkyrie Profile Lenneth
14 PS2 Monster Hunter 2
15 NDS Big Brain Academy やわらかあたま塾
16 NDS Tamagotchi DS
17 NDS Daredemo Asobi Taizen
18 PS2 Winning Post 7
19 PS2 Winning Eleven 9 Bonus Pack
20 PS2 Pachiko Slot - Ultraman Club ST

21 NDS Doraemon DS
22 PSP Pachiko Slot Simulator - Osu! Banjou Portable
23 NDS Right Brain Expert! Machigai Museum
24 NDS Mario & Luigi RPG 2
25 PS2 Ski Jump
26 PS2 Genso Suikoden V
27 PSP Initial D STREET STAGE
28 PS2 Makai Senki Disgaea 2
29 NDS Eyeshield 21 MAX DEVILPOWER !
30 GC Super Mario Strikers

RaijinFY

Do we have some estimations for these ones?

11 PSP Monster Hunter Portable
12 PS2 Gundam Climax U.C.
13 PSP Valkyrie Profile Lenneth
14 PS2 Monster Hunter 2

EDIT:

Maybe i'm asking a bit too much but does anyone have the Media Create number for FFX plz?

cvxfreak

AniHawk said:
Yes. People who couldn't find FFXII bought AC instead.

Actually most people who couldn't get a DSL with Animal Crossing opted for FFXII. So in actuality FFXII is doing worse than FFX.

Top Bottom