• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 2/26 - 3/4

AniHawk said:
This time I mean it though.

The only chink in Sony's new armour is that it might be too late by then. Nintendo already sells the Wii without any major releases, and I don't want to imagine the sales figure of the launch week of the heavy hitters.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Error said:
oh man, dumb Atlus screwing up with the shipment :(

I really don't care anymore, it's confirmed here, Atlus of Japan can go straight to hell. Atlus of US will do better. They're bringing us Odin Sphere, so they can do no wrong in my eyes.

TopDreg

Segata Sanshiro said:
I have it on good authority that Sony went to school with nothing on. Furthermore, teacher said, that's not fair, give Sony back his underwear.

At least Sony had friends.

speculawyer said:
Nice to see a PS3 title at the top . . . will that title sell well in the USA?

Not nearly as well, I'd suspect, but I'm sure if they bring it out it'll do well enough. Musou games are popular enough here, and so are Gundam games. Won't sell systems here though.

Mar

thingonaspring said:
NDS - 22
WII - 5
PS2 - 1
PSP - 1
PS3 - 1

Thats gotta hurt

thing.gif

cvxfreak

Great number for Gundam, and by default is the best selling game on the system now.

Wii Play almost at a million. :eek:

And NSMB is back. :D

NDS - 22
WII - 5
PS2 - 1
PSP - 1
PS3 - 1

Only 7 of out 30 title are console titles . . . 23 are handheld.

Is console gaming dead in Japan?

Or as I asked once before, are their houses & apartments now so small that they can't fit in a videogame console? :D (Naw, that can't be true . . . but I bet there are a lot of injuries from Wii players smacking other people in the house.)

chibcicylist said:
The only chink in Sony's new armour is that it might be too late by then. Nintendo already sells the Wii without any major releases, and I don't want to imagine the sales figure of the launch week of the heavy hitters.

The same as now, because Nintendo still hasn't increased production capabilities. In a way, its a good thing that they haven't released their heavy hitters yet, because the marketshare won't be large enough to support them for any time soon.

jj984jj said:
86 Wii Elebits 1800 52000 82

Assuming 60000 Wiis are being sold, only every 33rd new Wii owner this week bought Elebits. I feel sorry for Konami - and I wonder if Dewy will do any better.

icecream

Public Health Threat
jj984jj said:
24 PS2 Higurashi 11000 91000 86
I'm surprised it's still going, must mean it'll surpass 100K in its lifetime. Alchemist must be happy.

Dave Long

Banned
Here's a question for our Japanese (or economics) friends in the know... how does slow sales of PlayStation software affect Sony's game division bottom line? With less sales comes less revenue from licensing fees, right?

They're already subsidizing the sales of PlayStation 3, but that doesn't hurt them so badly if they're not selling that many of them (there's a wacky one!). If they're not selling games though... that seems like it would be an even greater concern than slow selling hardware, because the revenue from licensing has to be there to help offset whatever consoles they do sell. And I'm thinking PS3, PS2 AND PSP software here.

mollipen

I've never jumped on this bandwagon before, so I'm going to let myself say it this week.

22 out of the top 30 titles, DS? Does your appetite no no end? Good God.

Busaiku said:
Anyone happen to know how the Final Fantasy III DS remake compares with the original Famicom game?
Better graphics.

But seriously, Magic Box's Japan Platinum Game Chart says it hit 1.40 million.
AniHawk said:
JUST WAIT FOR LITTLE BIG PLANET
To pull the rug out from under future jokesters, I now preemptively make the joke Little Big Bump.
Oblivion said:
Btw, what's PS3's Ltd so far in Japan?
Famitsu has 678,489 after 15 weeks.
Media Create has 676,283 after 16 weeks.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Dave Long said:
Here's a question for our Japanese (or economics) friends in the know... how does slow sales of PlayStation software affect Sony's game division bottom line? With less sales comes less revenue from licensing fees, right?

They're already subsidizing the sales of PlayStation 3, but that doesn't hurt them so badly if they're not selling that many of them (there's a wacky one!). If they're not selling games though... that seems like it would be an even greater concern than slow selling hardware, because the revenue from licensing has to be there to help offset whatever consoles they do sell. And I'm thinking PS3, PS2 AND PSP software here.

Dude.

It's all about pushing the Blue-Ray format. You'd think they'd have learned by now.*

*This time, it'll work, but not because of the PS3!

This is outrageous, it's imperative that all third-party games bomb on DS, so why the top 4 DS sellers are from third-parties? This is manipulated, can't be true.

/joking

TopDreg

JoshuaJSlone said:
Better graphics.

But seriously, Magic Box's Japan Platinum Game Chart says it hit 1.40 million.

To pull the rug out from under future jokesters, I now preemptively make the joke Little Big Bump.

Famitsu has 678,489 after 15 weeks.
Media Create has 676,283 after 16 weeks.

So, given since the last time we heard Sony saying they shipped 1 million units to Japan, just how many PS3's are sitting on shelves now? Or have they stopped shipping units to Japan?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Just wanted to give Cheesemaster props for the lack of Pacman/Nintendo software chart. It was getting a bit old and smacked of opportunism. It was cool for a moment, though. Thanks for keepin' it professional.

PantherLotus said:
Just wanted to give Cheesemaster props for the lack of Pacman/Nintendo software chart. It was getting a bit old and smacked of opportunism. It was cool for a moment, though. Thanks for keepin' it professional.

I agree. There's nothing worse than a sour winner

Actually, I'm kind of disappointed at the PS3's underperformance. This means we'll get fewer HD games this gen, particularly from Japan. I've got all 3 systems lined up nicely, but the HDTV purchase is being delayed until there's more software that interests me on the 360/PS3.

I just thought it was a funny pattern analogy, while it lasted. :)

Finn

AniHawk said:
JUST WAIT FOR LITTLE BIG PLANET
By the time it arrives in 2008, shouldn't its name be Little Too Little Too Late Planet? Cause' that shit isn't saving the sinking PS3 ship anytime soon.

creamsugar

More MC numbers (total)

Wii
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 - 110,000
Ennichi no Tatsujin - 74,000
Bleach Wii Hakujin Kirameku Rondo - 61,000
Crayon Shin-Chan: Saikyou Kazoku Kasukabe King Wii - 38,000

Vinnk

TopDreg said:
Holy gawd. It seems like Gundam Musou achieved sell-out status. Still, it'll most likely go through the BD effect. I'm predicting that despite Gundam sales, PS3's only going to have, at most, a 20k boost. Just like Famitsu predicted. Chances are that the majority of people who bought Gundam Musou had already purchase a PS3 before.

Edit: Congrats to Sony on having their first-ever top 10 seller, and even highest ranking software, in Japan. It was an uphill battle filled with countless land mines, but they finally claimed a piece of battleground for themselves. But, for how long will they stay up there?

There are so many things wrong with that statement.

TopDreg

Vinnk said:
There are so many things wrong with that statement.

...Oops, meant PS3. ><; Yeah... that would be a bad statement.

Edit: On second thought, I'm gonna rummage through some media create threads first.

C4Lukins

That chart is the videogame equivalent of that week where N'Sync sold 2 million albums. The world just loses its mind every now and then. I am not ragging on the PS3 being on top here, I am ragging on just about every other name on there though.

Yay for SRW!

Dunno if they got the whole bounce cut-ins onto the DS...

Anyways....holy hell at the numbers. The DS is just plowing through the competition and the Wii is just following behind it kicking away the stuff the DS missed.

Top Bottom