• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 20 - 26 March

ioi

Banned
kia said:
If you click on them, you will go to first new post on that thread.

Anyway, I think Xenosaga and Contact sales are really good if they're first day sales (even if they're estimates for first week).
I think of 80k - 100k sales for Xenosaga (first week)
30k - 40k sales for Contact (first week)

Yep, I'm very suprised at Xenosaga, I wasn't expecting that much and Contact should be a solid seller, should do 100k with some legs.

Mother 1+2 remake did about 370k and counting off the back of a 170k first week (and about 40k of that is the Value Selection release). Mother 2 did around 850k again from a very large first week.

I think Mother 3 will open huge due to the hype, it's been on Famitsu's most wanted for about 10 years now!! It may well surpass the SNES game but I think 700k total would be about right, but who knows. As I said if DS buyers get the game as well as the massive base of fans who have been waiting for years then I can see it doing very well.

lancubap

JoshuaJSlone said:
Game Boy obviously predates DS and PSP by quite a bit. However, I do have an old bit on the spreadsheet I rarely pay attention to anymore, that estimates the number of a system sold since the PSP launched, by giving them an appropriate fraction of the week the PSP was released. Using that stat, the Nintendo portable share post-PSP is 70.6%. However, since that is post-PSP, it doesn't include the first 600K-ish DS sales. Toss those in, and it would be 72.2%.

OK. Thanks.

lancubap

JoshuaJSlone said:
Other people are better at making these sorts of charts with all the extra details that get added to each week, whereas I tend to highlight whatever, make a chart of vaguely good width, and crop. However, for this time I have put on some text for the biggest peaks and valleys.
20060401dspspweeklyshareplus.png

The Temple of Sales Doom?

Ok. So in the Long term Nintendo has ca. the 70% of market share in Portable hardware sales. In the Short Term, they have the 80%+ of market share.

I think that Nintendo has done an amazing performance in Japan with Nintendo DS.

cvxfreak said:
If Xenosaga I - II sold 50-60K on day one, then that's not bad and must already be profitable for Namco.

We all know that even though one of Namco's DS games is doing well they will blame a Pacman World game on not meeting their expectations.

Deku

Banned
Stopsign said:
We all know that even though one of Namco's DS games is doing well they will blame a Pacman World game on not meeting their expectations.

It might have been possible that Namco was crazy enough to believe in their own projections.

Deku said:
It might have been possible that Namco was crazy enough to believe in their own projections.

I bet they thought Pac Man World was going to sell 1,500,000 alone in Japan or something. To bad Tamagotchi only sold 1,100,000. I bet their predictions were atleast 4,000,000. I will only stop ragging on Namco if one of their predictions is blown out of the water.

mutsu

Stopsign said:
I bet they thought Pac Man World was going to sell 1,500,000 alone in Japan or something. To bad Tamagotchi only sold 1,100,000. I bet their predictions were atleast 4,000,000. I will only stop ragging on Namco if one of their predictions is blown out of the water.

Tamagotchi was made by Bandai, not Namco?

u_neek

Dunno if this had been posted but according to GameFront Ruble Roses XX 1st day sales are 12k... quite good..

Top Bottom