• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 20 - 26 March

cvxfreak

1. (PS2, Square Enix) Final Fantasy XII - 238,000 / 2,002,000
2. (DS, Nintendo) Pokemon Ranger: Diamond & Pearl e-no Michi - 193,000
3. (PS2, Namco) Ace Combat Zero: The Belkin War - 109,000
4. (DS, Nintendo) Oideyo Doubutsu no Mori - 83,000 / 2,271,000
5. (DS, Nintendo) Motto Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training - 77,000 / 1,649,000
6. (PS2, Koei) Shin Sangoku Musou 4 Empires - 54,000
7. (DS, Nintendo) Eigo ga Nigate na Otona no DS Training - 46,000 / 703,000
8. (DS, Nintendo) Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training - 46,000 / 1,769,000
9. (PS2, Koei) Harukanaru Jikuu no Uchi de 3 - 46,000
10. (DS, Nintendo) Mario Kart DS - 22,000 / 1,211,000

DSL 119,986
DS 39,307
PS2 34,169
PSP 31,077
GBASP 5,627
GBM 4,883
GC 1,458
Xbox360 1,415
Xbox 117
GBA 98

http://www.gpara.com/ranking/

5. (DS, Nintendo) Motto Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training - 77,000 / 1,649,000

HOLY FUCKING CRAP

cvxfreak said:
2. (DS, Pokemon) Pokemon Ranger: Diamond & Pearl e-no Michi - 193,000

isnt that pretty poor performance for a DW title? i dont follow the series so i could be wrong.

same comment for diamond/pearl

ps. THANKS!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Animal Crossing and Brain Trainings =

daddylonglegsspider0qr.jpg

cvxfreak

meltpotato said:
isnt that pretty poor performance for that title? i dont follow the series so i could be wrong.

ps. THANKS!

It's the Road to Diamond and Pearl, not the real Diamond and Pearl games themselves. :)

For comparison:

Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon Blue: 123,556
Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon Red (GBA): 112,898

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
meltpotato said:
isnt that pretty poor performance for a DW title? i dont follow the series so i could be wrong.

ps. THANKS!

That's Pokemon rangers, not Diamond/Pearl themselves.

Raw64life

Jonnyram said:
Nobody except GAF thought it would sell. It's not a major non-game; it's just a niche game like Ore no Ryouri. Oh, and it had zero advertising.

If neo2046's 2,000 number for Cooking Mama is correct than that's a bomb anyway you slice it.

Looks like Brain-Age and Brain-Age 2 are going to hit 2 million the same exact week (it'll also probably be the week that BA2 surpasses BA).

Jonnyram

Raw64life said:
If neo2046's 2,000 number for Cooking Mama is correct than that's a bomb anyway you slice it.
It's a bomb if it didn't make a profit, but it looks like about 2 or 3 people could have made that game in the space of a month. I'd say 2000 is fine ;) Besides, as someone's said already, it's actually got a really high sell through rate - not many were ordered by retailers.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Jonnyram said:
Nobody except GAF thought it would sell. It's not a major non-game; it's just a niche game like Ore no Ryouri. Oh, and it had zero advertising.
Exactly, it's like I said in some topic a video was posted in, there was no popular brand assoiated with the game and with absolutely no advertising either the title just mega bombed. I stand by what I said, they should've called it Cooking Bobble!

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Chris Michael said:
There goes Children of Mana. :(

I guess Contact and Xenosaga I+II bomba'd? Or have they not released yet?

Oh crap, is Contact out? Thats going to be seriously upsetting if it sold so poorly.

cvxfreak said:
2. (DS, Nintendo) Pokemon Ranger: Diamond & Pearl e-no Michi - 193,000

http://www.gpara.com/ranking/

So translation wise it is
1: Final Fantasy 12
2: Pokemon Ranger
3: Ace Combat Zero
4: Animal Crossing
5: Brain Training 2
6: Dynasty Warriors Mousou 4: Empires
7: English Training DS
8: Brain Training DS
9: ????
10: Mario Kart DS

Is that correct?

Just for the record, Contact is out today (but it's been in my local shops since Monday). I would love to go and pick it up but I'm guessing it's pretty language heavy.

Bebpo

Banned
FFXII could have legs!

If AC sells 10 copies in the next two weeks and FFXII sells 200k each week, FFXII will win!

jj984jj said:
Exactly, it's like I said in some topic a video was posted in, there was no popular brand assoiated with the game and with absolutely no advertising either the title just mega bombed. I stand by what I said, they should've called it Cooking Bobble!
Or Cooking Mana.
Nah, that wouldn't have worked either.

Amir0x

Banned
jj984jj said:
GO FFXII! :D

Be quite you... :(

I hope it has legs... :(

me too. it's pretty much a startling indictment of the Japanese videogame industry if it never happens so i would hope for the same

jj984jj

Bebpo said:
FFXII could have legs!

If AC sells 10 copies in the next two weeks and FFXII sells 200k each week, FFXII will win!
:lol 10 copies. I believe Nintendo is shipping more DS Lites this week, not less. :p

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Chris Michael said:
There goes Children of Mana. :(

Depends on the 11 through 30 rankings, COM last week had 17,574, and the number 10 this week had 22000, so there's still a chance it did as good as it did last week, if not better. I'm hoping for number 11, but i'd say if it's anywhere between 11 to 15, it's maintaining it's legs.

Is it just me, or have Animal Crossing sales have gone UP 3 weeks in a row?

That means DS Lite sales will also be higher than last week...

jj984jj

marvelharvey said:
I vote for Animal Cooking
Well it would make more sense for them to use a brand they own. :p

Really I think one with the bob's instead of the mama would have taken off like Tamagotchi did.

FFXII - nice sales period. It's sold 2 million copies, which is impressive no matter what.

Animal Crossing - The newest Japanese phenomena. Holy crap. Nintendo better be prepping Animal Crossing as a Japanese Revolution launch title

Brain Training 1/2/English - I said wow.

Cooking Mama -
Would have sold better if it was named Cooking Little Sister

Mario Kart - Proving that the DS isn't just a "non game" interprise. Very impressive sales.

Children of Mana - anyone have numbers on it's sales this week? Was it in the top 20 at least? :(

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
If Cooking Mama is really selling out at the places that have it, maybe it'll prompt the publisher for a bigger release. It could be the first game to reach a million sold after such low first week.

Bebpo

Banned
Probationsmack said:
Why are you all calling for bepbo's resignation? Did he make a foolish bet against animal crossing?

No I made a hopefully bet that Japan would accept the best rpg ever. It's gonna be a close one!

Bebpo said:
No I made a hopefully bet that Japan would accept the best rpg ever. It's gonna be a close one!

Two million owners isnt acceptance? Or does it have to do better than animal crossing?

Meier

Probationsmack said:
Why are you all calling for bepbo's resignation? Did he make a foolish bet against animal crossing?

Said he'd leave for a month if FFXII hadnt outsold AC in its first month. I suggested FFXII would be at about 2.2 million versus 2.45 for AC... :D

Meier said:
Said he'd leave for a month if FFXII hadnt outsold AC in its first month. I suggested FFXII would be at about 2.2 million versus 2.45 for AC... :D

So he's gambling that ff12's first month would somehow outdo animal crossing sales to date? Wat to set yourself up for failure, animal crossing has had massive legs with no sign of slowing down since it came out.

Gawaian

cvxfreak said:
HOLY CRAP!! You've got to be kidding me!!
The sales of AC actually went up.
Oh, and poor Children of Mana... :(

Jonnyram

Amir0x said:
me too. it's pretty much a startling indictment of the Japanese videogame industry if it never happens so i would hope for the same
I know you're going to bitchslap me, but I don't think it's bad at all that Nintendo is improving the state of the game industry. A couple of years down the line, the DS (and maybe the Revolution) will have reached PS1-like status, where everyone has one, and you are no longer considered a freak for talking about games in public. Then FF and co. will experience megalithic sales again.

- Um don't kick Children of Mana out just yet. THe 10th game sold 22,000. Last week CoM sold 18,000. It could still be selling at a nice pace. We have to wait for 11-20.
- Excellent sales for Animal Crossing. Think about it, it's sold more and has better legs than an ESTABLISHED franchise with double the fanbase.
- Contact won't sell well. Unfortunately.

Top Bottom