• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 21 -27 August CONFIRMED NUMBERS!

Thomper

I'll take the liberty to open the new topic right now, as we've got complete numbers at the moment. They're unconfirmed, but I suppose they're from the same source as the last weeks/months which has been correct, so they'll probably be correct.

And no, it's not the DS charts, this is full software. Dominating System ftw! Thanks to Tyrael for the LTD's.

***MOD ABUSE***

NUMBERS ARE CONFIRMED. HA HA!

***MOD ABUSE ***

01 NDS FF3 - 503.051 / NEW
02 NDS NEW SMB - 65.556 / 2.901.264
03 NDS Rune Factory - 42.210 / NEW
04 NDS Brain Age 2 - 41.784 / 3.073.195
05 NDS Cooking Navi - 37.326 / 384.045
06 NDS Tamagotchi 2 - 30.504 /430.933
07 NDS Mario Basketball 3on3 - 30.355
08 NDS Animal Crossing WW - 30.023 / 3.149.131
09 NDS Brain Age - 22.866 / 2.736.150
10 NDS English Training - 17.465

1. Nintendo DS Lite  163.274
2. PlayStation Portable  29.945
3. PlayStation 2  21.829
4. GameBoy Advance SP  2.719
5. GameBoy Micro  1819
6. Xbox 360  1197
7. Nintendo GameCube  837
8. Nintendo DS  410
9. GameBoy Advance  14
10. Xbox  12

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I still can believe it. it's like the DS is the only system in japan or something.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
DAMMIT PEOPLE!!

STOP POSTING THE ****ING UNCONFIRMED NUMBERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care if it might be right.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
$503K?! Sweet, Jesus on a papia stick. That is outragious. Third party software is not suppose to sell on the DS, or any Nintendo system. Obviously 500,000+ consumers didn't get the memo. >:^(

Who cares if its unconfirmed. They have been correct 99% of the time. And if they are not 100% correct, he can change them in a few hours. Id rather have all the discussion here than in the old thread.

Neomoto

So... when exactly is Nintendo going 3rd party? :)
underfooter said:
DS is a tsunami. Nintendo could so easily brainwash people at this point....maybe they already are.
They already did with Brain "Training".

jj984jj

GreenNight said:
Who cares if its unconfirmed. They have been correct 99% of the time. And if they are not 100% correct, he can change them in a few hours. Id rather have all the discussion here than in the old thread.
So since neo always bumps the old thread you'd rather have a discussion in two threads rather than one? WTF is wrong with you people?

koam

This makes more sense than putting the unconfirmed number in LAST week's thread. At least put "unconfirmed" in the title though. I think they've been wrong only once though.

No, lets have all the discussion here. We've been talking about the numbers in the old thread for hours. By the time the new thread starts, the numbers are exactly the same and most people dont have anything new to say. Now stop crying about it, its done.

SuomiDude

Assuming these would be real, would it be the first time a single system has had the whole top 10 in Japan?

Oh and according to those numbers, looks like people only wanted FFIII and forgot everything else :D

jj984jj

GreenNight said:
No, lets have all the discussion here. We've been talking about the numbers in the old thread for hours. By the time the new thread starts, the numbers are exactly the same and most people dont have anything new to say. Now stop crying about it, its done.
And if they are wrong we'll have 3 pages of bitching and then we can finally get around to discussing the real numbers when the thread is about 10 pages in... great.

Edit: Also, as you can see, people are still posting in the other thread. This is what I meant by a split discussion.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
what's with the bitching here? he can easily edit his post with the real numbers or whatever.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
I don't think I believe that the top 10 are all DS titles. I have a feeling that Rhythm Tengoku could ruin things for Nintendo! :p

f@luS

More than a member.
i say WHAT THE **** is "english training" doing in the japanese chart?

Ok , ull find in few weeks in every store a new book

"How to become Rich in 3 methods":
-Make a video game
-Put training in the title
-Release it in japan

KINGMOKU

Thomper said:
I'll take the liberty to open the new topic right now, as we've got complete numbers at the moment. They're unconfirmed, but I suppose they're from the same source as the last weeks/months which has been correct, so they'll probably be correct.

And no, it's not the DS charts, this is full software. Dominating System ftw! Thanks to Tyrael for the LTD's.

01 NDS FF3 - 503.051 / NEW
02 NDS NEW SMB - 65.556 / 2.901.264
03 NDS Rune Factory - 42.210 / NEW
04 NDS Brain Age 2 - 41.784 / 3.073.195
05 NDS Cooking Navi - 37.326 / 384.045
06 NDS Tamagotchi 2 - 30.504 /430.933
07 NDS Mario Basketball 3on3 - 30.355
08 NDS Animal Crossing WW - 30.023 / 3.149.131
09 NDS Brain Age - 22.866 / 2.736.150
10 NDS English Training - 17.465

1. Nintendo DS Lite  163.274
2. PlayStation Portable  29.945
3. PlayStation 2  21.829
4. GameBoy Advance SP  2.719
5. GameBoy Micro  1819
6. Xbox 360  1197
7. Nintendo GameCube  837
8. Nintendo DS  410
9. GameBoy Advance  14
10. Xbox  12
Either those numbers are wrong, or everyone forgot about the 2trillion PS2's out, and no other game on any other system sold more then 17,000 copies?

I call Bullshit.

If not, holy hell is Nintendo on a roll from hell. I forsee a one console/one handheld future in Japan.

f@luS said:
i say WHAT THE **** is "english training" doing in the japanese chart?

Ok , ull find in few weeks in every store a new book

"How to become Rich in 3 methods":
-Make a video game
-Put training in the title
-Release it in japan

Point Blank "Training" didn't exactly light up the charts though...

jj984jj

Eid said:
I expected DSL sales to be higher with the FF3 boost/bundle.
Only 25K FFIII DS Lites were made, so I don't think it was even possible to boost it by much.

castle007

Banned
Why the hell did you make this thread??

These numbers have been wrong in the last couple of weeks.

Or did you just want to be "OMG I AM TEH FIRST TO POST IT LOOOL"??? :|

LOCK

Well, unsurprisingly, Final Fantasy III seems to be the success everyone expected... That's great.

I wonder if Contact is still selling decently at the very bottom of the chart :( ...

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Since this thread is fresh and new, more peoples will come in. Its all good. btw, I've asked for the japanese realease list and i didn't got it yet

castle007

Banned
lancubap said:
Well, now it is opened. Lock it and re-open it tomorrow is useless at this point.

Who says anything about reopening it??

Lock it, and when the REAL data comes, start a new thread

Tadaima

lancubap said:
Well, now it is opened. Lock it and re-open it tomorrow is useless at this point.

Yeah, but keeping it open is misleading - these numbers are unconfirmed. The idea is to keep unconfirmed figures in the previous week's thread, clearly marked as UNCONFIRMED.

Some people actually base their articles on GAF's numbers.

castle007 said:
Who says anything about reopening it??

Lock it, and when the REAL data comes, start a new thread

Agreed.

Top Bottom